LED ZEP VS JIMI HENDRIX

matt_barker

led zep or jimi hendriz experience  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wow..thats a tough one..id go with both man..i have a great love for jimi as well as Led. it really depends to. Jimi was a great guitar player has some great songs, Led has tons and tons of great songs. it really depends i guess. its like comparing apples and oranges. they are both good in their own way. sorry i dont make sense, i havent slept in 2 days, lol happy new year everyone!

Slash is better than both Hendrix and Page in my opinion. It doesn't matter who did it first, it's who did it best!

lol, i dunno if this counts, but he can play their solos and they sound great, Slashs solos pretty much always sound great.

btw, nice pic....... i miss RATM, but Audioslave are mad too, i wish their was room for them both ;)

The Experience, that's for sure.

Mand I don't even see what's so great about Page anyway :mellow:

Page was incredible Lindy - what are you talking about?!?!

I can't split between the two. The Experience and Zeppelin are two of my favourite bands of all time. I love them both. They'd tie for number 3, behind AC/DC and GN'R for favourite bands.

Ha, MoreBlack and HighVoltage, I love Led Zeppelin really you know?

I figure it's one of my favourite international bands, but when I listen to them I rarely think the guitar is deadamazing, like I do when I listen to Hendrix.

Jimi's guitarplaying just touches me way more than Page's really, because it's so deadacid.

I think it's quite pretty very dumb to compare these bands and these guitarists to each other because the music is very, very different :book:

Though, if people ask me about who my favourite guitarist is, and who I think is the best, I would not even think of Page.

I'd say Hendrix, and man I figure that's one of the only international guitarists I think are really amazing.

Edited by Lindy

jimmy page vs. hendrix would've been better

hendrix would have shredded page..

yeah no doubt. Hendrix is a better guitarist. But Lindy, that doesn't make Page amazing. I think Page is a better songwriter.

But between the bands themselves, it's not even close. Zep takes the Experience AND the Band Of Gypsys down for the count.

Edited by moreblack

But between the bands themselves, it's not even close. Zep takes the Experience AND the Band Of Gypsys down for the count.

Yeah but then it's your opinion, and me, I'd take the Experience and The Band of Gypsys over Zeppelin anytime ;)

Yeah but then it's your opinion, and me, I'd take the Experience and The Band of Gypsys over Zeppelin anytime ;)

fair enough, but don't get me wrong.

I love the Band of Gypsys, and especially the Experience. Especially Axis Bold As Love the album and the song itself. That's my fave Hendrix solo ever.

Yeah and also there's Hendrix's solo work and collaborations and other stuff. It's all good good good B)

In polls like this the only relevant answer is the one that states what you enjoy listening to more. And in that case I go with Hendrix.It means me more for personal reasons which are probably important only to me but anyway.

And all that crap about who is a better player\songwritter is doomed from the begining. You just can't compare them, since the music they both created is completely different.The ideas they had in their heads while creating it were quite different from the start.