punk

pam

I'm a big punk fan. As you can tell by the name! Love Rancid best band in the world and I'm not ashamed to say it on a GNR website lol! But all the old school british stuff - The Damned, Sham 69, The Clash. The american stuff.. Misfits, DK, Ramones. Love Stiff Little Fingers. Bands like Toy Dolls and The Vapors, even Jilted John are always good for feel good punk lol. Love Rise Against, Anti-Flag.. All those.. Love the hxc side of punk too. Comeback Kid, Social Distortion, etc. Not particularly pop/punk like Good Charlotte/Green Day/Blink 182 and so on, but they're a laugh if you want a bounse I always find lol.

To put it simply punk is awesome and not dead -_-

Not a huge Pistols fan, think they're pretty over-rated. Good, but not as good as people make out.

Anyone into Crass? If you like punk and haven't heard of them I highly recommend. They're fuckin' sweet.

xDSGx

u better take back that pistols comment or i'ma send u an anthrax christmas card bitch! j/k j/k! i can pretty much agree with everything u said there except the rancid, anti-flag and social distortion points :)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big punk fan. As you can tell by the name! Love Rancid best band in the world and I'm not ashamed to say it on a GNR website lol! But all the old school british stuff - The Damned, Sham 69, The Clash. The american stuff.. Misfits, DK, Ramones. Love Stiff Little Fingers. Bands like Toy Dolls and The Vapors, even Jilted John are always good for feel good punk lol. Love Rise Against, Anti-Flag.. All those.. Love the hxc side of punk too. Comeback Kid, Social Distortion, etc. Not particularly pop/punk like Good Charlotte/Green Day/Blink 182 and so on, but they're a laugh if you want a bounse I always find lol.

To put it simply punk is awesome and not dead -_-

Not a huge Pistols fan, think they're pretty over-rated. Good, but not as good as people make out.

Anyone into Crass? If you like punk and haven't heard of them I highly recommend. They're fuckin' sweet.

xDSGx

u better take back that pistols comment or i'ma send u an anthrax christmas card bitch! j/k j/k! i can pretty much agree with everything u said there except the rancid, anti-flag and social distortion points :)

No way :o

How can you NOT like Rancid?!

Also I stand by my Pistols point and await my anthrax :P

xDSGx

the damned pwn every "punk" band.

its a shame the meaning of punk has been so bastardized, imagine growing up in a world where you're informed that good charlotte are punk. sad times.

The Damned are fuckin' awesome. And anyone who believes GC are punk is a poor judge of genre :no:

its a shame the meaning of punk has been so bastardized, imagine growing up in a world where you're informed that good charlotte are punk. sad times.

The Damned are fuckin' awesome. And anyone who believes GC are punk is a poor judge of genre :no:

that accounts for most music journalists then...theyre probably the worst band ever...or of this era. its just mind numbing. they dont even know what they are.

that accounts for most music journalists then...theyre probably the worst band ever...or of this era. its just mind numbing. they dont even know what they are.

Doesn't help that ALL they're songs sound the same either really. They have no idea what the hell punk is.

I like Agent Orange. :)

They're awesome!

Few punk bands I like:

Stiff Little Fingers

No Shame

Ramones

Distillers

Agent Orange

The Clash

Anti-flag

Slaughter And The Dogs

Misfits

Sex Pistols

etc..

I mainly listen to punkrock & punk :) (though I'm not devoted to any genre.. i like some pop, hiphop, ....)

Edited by pet0

hate punk with a passion.

how comes?

maybe hes afraid of the rebellion :P

actually theres a lot to criticise punk about. for a genre that espouses freedom theres a lotta factions of punk that impose ridgid restriction. its like glenn matlock said "the less things sound like carbon copy punk the more punk they usually are".