Most Underated/Overated Guitarist

graemelynch2k5

satriani is not over rated, look at top 100 best guitar player lists that magazines publish, neither him or vai are ever in there

the most underated is gary moore

overated has got to either be jack white, or kurt cobain, how they make it into the top 20 of these lists i do not know

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

underrated: buckethead - even tho mostly everyone knows of him on this board - i still think he doesnt get enough credit as an AMAZINGLY talented guitar player. Note: theres a difference between making normal, good music and being great at playing his instrument! :P

overrated: jimi hendrix -i know i know, poeple think of him as a guitar god. but how much of that was because he was the first to do alot of what he did? my personal opinion, altough im not taking away anything that he was or did, i just always thought that there wasnt that much skill involved. granted, is he better than most? yes. but are there people better? yes.

underrated: buckethead - even tho mostly everyone knows of him on this board - i still think he doesnt get enough credit as an AMAZINGLY talented guitar player. Note: theres a difference between making normal, good music and being great at playing his instrument!  :P

overrated: jimi hendrix -i know i know, poeple think of  him as a guitar god. but how much of that was because he was the first to do alot of what he did? my personal opinion, altough im not taking away anything that he was or did, i just always thought that there wasnt that much skill involved. granted, is he better than most? yes. but are there people better? yes.

*takes off jacket*

Ok dude, you and me, outside, NOW!! :anger:

;)

i had a feeling that might ruffle some feathers! :lol:

Edited by Budweiser