Do you think Rock 'N' Roll is dead?

axl_rose_gnr

Is Rock 'N' Roll dead?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its sad to say that rock music at the moment is dead. I think its been dead for about 10 years now. I think that it will stay dead as long as shity pop bands like good charlot and greenday claim to be rock music. Kids now have no idea what true rock music is. They dont get why bands like led zepplin, AC/DC, and the Roling Stones were so great. They think if they whare all black and have a mohawk than thats rock music. Thats also why were stuck with these shity bands like slipknot that have no talent and their songs have been reduced to loud screams and terrible lyrics. Rock music is in the same state as rap music they think that if the have bitches and hos in the lyrics than its a great song. well "rock" bands today think thay have to dress up and talk about worshiping the devil or killing people. Thats why the music of the 70's and 80's will never be forgotten, the new music is so terrible.

Rock n roll is about rebeling. always was. todays youth are pretty much faggy to say the least. and rebelling isnt about growing your hair long either. It died out in the 90's. Everyones either a fag or a hippy. Guns N Roses are (or were) a classic example of what rock n roll was about. Sex drugs an rock n roll

[insert abuse here]

i know you lot will have something to say. but rock n roll isnt about slipknot huddies or fuckin skateboards

totally agreed! That was great man!

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyup- i, too am in full agreement. and if i may add, it also isn't about cancerous indie rock... which, in my opinion, is yes, the true, black, wretched cancer of rock n' roll... jmo- no offense to anyone who enjoys the music... harsh words yes/maybe, but... yeah, jmo.

Guest a fan

Was rock n' roll ever alive? It seems like music is good or not. Anything that defines itself as rock n' roll is not about music anyway, it's about image. There's nothing to rebel against anymore, and you can't go looking for something to rebel against.

God have said to Abraham:I won't destroy Sodoma & Gomora (i d't k how to write it in english) if you find 10 good ppl,cause 10 good ppl keep this world going."

Well-there is at least 1 000 000 hard-loving Rock n Rollers so ....

ROCK N ROLL IS ALIVE AND WELL THANKS FOR ASKING

the world NEEDS chinese d. to revive true rock n' roll, Guns N' Roses style!!!

Yes, I can't take much more of the crap that is on today.

CHinese Democracy will never happen. Even if it does, it will suck. People need to get over the old mediocre GN'R stuff from the 80's and early 90's that was so popular. Mainstream rock is dead, yes, there are a few goo mainstream bands though, QOTSA, Nine Inch Nails (industrial, yes, but still rock.), and some more. new cky album will revive rock - - - An Answer Can BE FOund - June 28th. One month.

Yesh tis d00d becuz GN'R r ded! Dey wer da most amazin band ever wit da best guitarit, drumma, bassit, voxalllist and lyrix ever! Theys so cool!

sorry, double post, but this deserves it.

best post ever. people on this message board can be so silly. there is more thatn GN'R, AC/DC, LEd Zeppelin, and HEndrix.

NO...it's not!

well...where I came from it's not!...it's rising!!! B) ...I think we're right now in the 90's (KOHD-and shit like this  :) )...but I'm concerned...it means there is a RAP ERA in front of us  :huh: !!!...damn <_<  :lol:

Same here where i come from there are always decent bands on the radio and rock n' roll is always on sky. Most people were i live love rock.

Rap Is Shit it's for chavy bastards !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Axel1304

I'm beginning to think that we've done everything possible with the electric guitar. I have been listening to a distubing amount of LoTR/Gladiator/Troy soundtracks recently. OMG! It's nu-classical!

Edited by Maddergascar

It's still big but its just not that shocking anymore. Apart from Marilyn Manson, nothing can really shock America. You've got Rock n Roll style craziness going on every weekend in clubs. It's the just the soundtrack is Hip Hop now.