Pink Floyd

Chrisi Rokks

Floyd stole the show

They were a level above everyone else.

You could tell all 4 loved playing together, some people think that Gilmour wasn't a happy chappy but if you have seen him in other live gigs he is always very emersed in the music and has his eyes closed or staring blankly. Roger was loving it, so was Nick and Rick.

Pink Floyd were awesome, it was the greatest and most emotional performance i have ever seen.

The Who came 2nd, but it would of been better if they had did 4 songs instead of 2

That was shit. The only remotely good/interesting parts were when Roger dedicated WYWH to Syd, and their linking arms goodbye at the end. Apart from that, it was uniform wank.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whenever I want to post something completely idiotic on this forum I'm gonna ask you for some tips Lumiere

I didn't think anyone could follow The Who. But Waters blew them out of the water.

Lumiere, do you like anything?!? :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who awas that drumming for the Who? it wasn't Zack starkey.

Also, did anyone notice how sucky of a crowd it was, even for The Who?!?!?! Home-town boys and everything.... all standing there like trees the crowd were....

They showed not even a soupcon of emotion. They stood there, motionless, and played 4 of the most mundane, predictable, overplayed tracks in their back catalogue; Breathe, Money, Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb.

The song performances could've been culled straight from P.U.L.S.E. - Roger's presence mattered not a single iota.

To sum up, it was boring, overhyped and unimpressive.

They showed not even a soupcon of emotion. They stood there, motionless, and played 4 of the most mundane, predictable, overplayed tracks in their back catalogue; Breathe, Money, Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb.

The song performances could've been culled straight from P.U.L.S.E. - Roger's presence mattered not a single iota.

To sum up, it was boring, overhyped and unimpressive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to appreciate they were playing to an audience of Robbie Williams fans so the setlist had to be like that. it was intense, its unimportant how much a band moves around on stage sometime. You have made fun of gnr fans for saying they were a goos band because they move around on stage alot.

You have to appreciate they were playing to an audience of Robbie Williams fans so the setlist had to be like that.

What you have to appreciate is that many of the audience had specifically gone to Live8 just to see Pink Floyd.

it was intense.

No. Old Pink Floyd were intense. Performing at 3 in the morning in the pitch black, and playing Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun so loudly that you kill fish in a nearby lake is intense. Playing carbon copies of some of Floyd's 'safest' material is banal.

its unimportant how much a band moves around on stage sometime.

This is partly true. Floyd themselves were hardly renowned for gymnastics displays live. But, Floyd simply stood glued to the spot, devoid of any emotion, or any feeling.

You have made fun of gnr fans for saying they were a goos band because they move around on stage alot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's set things straight. I make fun of Axl's live performances because, if he turns up at all, he runs around like a headless twat.

You have to appreciate they were playing to an audience of Robbie Williams fans so the setlist had to be like that.

What you have to appreciate is that many of the audience had specifically gone to Live8 just to see Pink Floyd.

it was intense.

No. Old Pink Floyd were intense. Performing at 3 in the morning in the pitch black, and playing Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun so loudly that you kill fish in a nearby lake is intense. Playing carbon copies of some of Floyd's 'safest' material is banal.

its unimportant how much a band moves around on stage sometime.

This is partly true. Floyd themselves were hardly renowned for gymnastics displays live. But, Floyd simply stood glued to the spot, devoid of any emotion, or any feeling.

You have made fun of gnr fans for saying they were a goos band because they move around on stage alot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's set things straight. I make fun of Axl's live performances because, if he turns up at all, he runs around like a headless twat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK then maybe intense isnt the right word and there obviously were a fair few floyd fans there but there were so many other reasons the set list had to be commercial. Granted gilmour look unemotional but roger was clearly overcome.

Ok..i liked their perfomance but i think that part of your speech is wrong :unsure: ...when they showed the people in the audience watching at floyd...they were all like my parents (mostly)...a woman with their t shirt....a dude that seemed to be 40 singing all their songs.....the generation of floyd :P

9.jpg

THIS is simply unbeatable.

Pink Floyd played like they had never been gone. They proved their music is timeless and still as powerful as ever. They didn't miss one single note. Absolutely fucking briliant!

This is just about the best thing that has happened in music in a VERY long time.

Absolutely amazing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

:)

That picture is the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Post of the month.