Rolling Stones or Paul McCartney?

jack99

Which album are you most looking forward to?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

THE ROLLING STONES READY FIRST ALBUM IN EIGHT YEARS

THE ROLLING STONES are finalising plans for their studio album in eight years.

Expected to be released on September 5, it’s believed the band have recorded 18 tracks from which the final album will be selected.

The album was recorded in France during late 2004 and spring 2005 with producer Don Was. Mixing took place in Los Angeles earlier this summer.

Among the tracks being considered for the album is ’Neo-Con’, which is believed to be an attack on the politics of George Bush and the Republican administration.

Meanwhile other songs that may feature on the record include: ’Oh No, Not You Again’, ‘Back Of My Hand’, ‘She Saw Me Coming’, ‘Under The Radar’, ‘Look What The Cat Dragged In’, ‘This House Is Empty Without You’, ‘Walking Alone In The Rain’ and ‘You Drive Too Fast’.

The album, is the band’s first studio since 1997's ’Bridges To Babylon’, while ‘Oh No, Not You Again’ which the band performed live in May when they announced their forthcoming world tour in New York, is rumoured to be the first single.

As previously reported, the Rolling Stones kick off their world tour on August 21 in Boston, Massachusetts.

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/113045.htm

McCARTNEY 'GETS BACK' ON NEW ALBUM

PAUL McCARTNEY has confirmed details of his first new studio album in four years.

’Chaos And Creation In The Back Yard’ is released on September 12, and follows a four year gap since ’Driving Rain’.

The album, co-produced by Nigel Godrich and McCartney, was recorded both in London and LA over a two year period. The ex-The Beatle played the majority of the instruments on the record.

Speaking about the album, McCartney said: “I did not want to rush this album. I think it was worth the wait though. The music became more interesting over time and I’m really proud of what we did.”

The tracklisting runs:

‘Fine Line’

‘How Kind Of You’

‘Jenny Wren ‘

‘At The Mercy’

‘Friends To Go’

‘English Tea’

‘Too Much Rain’

‘A Certain Softness'

‘Riding To Vanity Fair’

‘Follow Me’

‘Promise To You Girl’

‘This Never Happened Before’

‘Anyway’

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/112942.htm

McCantney is no fun. If you're going to release albums...I don't know.

I though last two Stones Albums were decent enough. I mean it's only rock n roll but they do it well. For me they'll never top Exile on Main Street as an album or Let It Bleed will they?

Guest gnr>everything
What's so cool about breaking a McCartney CD? Sure, he may be a dumbass to some, but he's a musical genius to everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well from what I've read in a few other threads, he's definately not a musical genius to Amanda and quite a few other people on here. My dad who's as big a Beatles nut as anyone I know, doesn't like his solo work either...

Edited by gnr>everything

What's so cool about breaking a McCartney CD? Sure, he may be a dumbass to some, but he's a musical genius to everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen. Ignorance is bliss...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not ignorance, it's about taste.

Although I think it's dumb breaking it.

In general it's pretty dumb to destroy things that others might want.

If you get some cd you don't want then give it to someone who might want it or give it to a shop or what do I know.

The other isn't even nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well from what I've read in a few other threads, he's definately not a musical genius to Amanda and quite a few other people on here. My dad who's as big a Beatles nut as anyone I know, doesn't like his solo work either...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't heard much, yeah, he was kind of a sellout with songs like Maybe I'm Amazed, if you know what I mean, but I like stuff like Band On The Run and Silly Love Songs. There are others I thought were shite though.

Man, I really hate how he was making crap like Let It Be and The Long And Winding Road near the end just to score #1's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your dad knows good music from bad. rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen. Ignorance is bliss...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not ignorance, it's about taste.

Although I think it's dumb breaking it.

In general it's pretty dumb to destroy things that others might want.

If you get some cd you don't want then give it to someone who might want it or give it to a shop or what do I know.

The other isn't even nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have never snapped a CD yet...McCartney's would be snapped though