Virus?

Lindy

I'm not sure what it is, I ran some Norman Anti Virusscan and also Microsoft AntiSpyware, and it says it doesn't find anything, even though it keeps not working right.

Like everytime I decide to open anything, even the searchfunction, it just keeps openeing that Microsoft Help and Support thing. Last time I looked, it had 21 windows.

When it does this, I can't use the computer.

Does anyone have an idea about what to do?

Oh and, I think it might be called something like Gsas or Gmas or something like it..

Edited by Lindy

av and I was thinking about turning it back to sometime where it did work, does anyone know if there's some kind of thing to press on the keyboard, instead of doing it in that Start-way?

Seeing as that'd be quite hard :mellow:

Hey Lindy,

I mean you no offense at all, but it would be easier to sort this out if you dropped the TamEnglish for a bit and spoke properly -- I'm finding it a little difficult to understand.

On the second read, I gather you're getting the Microsoft Help and Support thing opening itself up (21 + times?) when you click on anything?

Being a little more specific here -- does it happen every time you open something?

It would be handy if you could post a screenshot of your active programs and also one of your active processes. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to see your active programs and click the 'processes' tab to see the processes.

As far as getting your system back, you could do a system restore, but if you've had the virus for a while, it's possible that it's been backed up into your system.

More info on System Restore

Also, I ran a search on both "Gsas.exe" and "Gmas.exe" -- neither of them came up as viruses.

Over to you, Santana. :lol:

Have you tried running a programe to clean all the crap off your hard drive, like x cleaner, re-booting then perhaps running a 'house call' virus check, there is one that microsoft recommends, i just cant think of the name at the moment.

BTW, the guys I have spoken to at microsoft say that they highly DO NOT recommend norton.

Have you tried running a programe to clean all the crap off your hard drive, like x cleaner, re-booting then perhaps running a 'house call' virus check, there is one that microsoft recommends, i just cant think of the name at the moment.

BTW, the guys I have spoken to at microsoft say that they highly DO NOT recommend norton.

She actually made a mistake -- She meant "Norman" not "Norton" :lol:

Norton has positives and negatives -- It's good because it picks everything up, and the user help is extensive -- but it's bad, because it clashes with so many programs, and it's incredibly resource-hungry.

If the System Restore doesn't work, try this:

If you're running Windows XP... Go to START-->Run.... Type in

msconfig and hit Enter. Click on the Startup tab and take a screenshot.

It would be handy if you could post a screenshot of your active programs and also one of your active processes. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to see your active programs and click the 'processes' tab to see the processes.

Do this too.

Do this too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But Jack, it's not even possbile for me to get on the internet with it.

Like it won't let me open explorer, so I can't give you any screenshot.

I did do the thing HighVoltage said as one of the first things and it shows no programs are running.

I can't do a system restore, because when I open it, it keeps opining those HelpFiles.

I also tried SafeMode, and it won't let me touch anythig there either :mellow:

Do this too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did do the thing HighVoltage said as one of the first things and it shows no programs are running.

I can't do a system restore, because when I open it, it keeps opining those HelpFiles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, but does it allow you to run the MSCONFIG utility I described? If it does then maybe you can type down the names in the first column.

Guest gnr>everything

Do this too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure you pressed the processes tab and not applications?

Jack, I was talking to her on MSN. I wanted her to boot in safe mode, and told her to get into msconfig to do so. She can't even open the 'run' dialog box.

She got into safe mode through the good old 'F8' method, but then it locked up on the desktop. The things didn't pop up, but she couldn't access the start menu, etc.

She allowed something through that was being blocked by her firewall by accident, I think it might have been a trojan of some sort.

She's having trouble with the system restore too. Oh, best part is -- It's had a recent reformat. :lol:

:confused2:

Well!

Hundred years ago I spilled Fanta into my keyboard, and I tried to clean it up, and it happens not be done properly.

And so I spent ages with thing, like, 3 hours at least, and well

the point is!

That the helpkey was stuck in the keyboard :mellow:

And yeah yeah these things only happen to me anyway.

I'm sorry for taking your time.

:confused2:

Well!

Hundred years ago I spilled Fanta into my keyboard, and I tried to clean it up, and it happens not be done properly.

And so I spent ages with thing, like, 3 hours at least, and well

the point is!

That the helpkey was stuck in the keyboard :mellow:

And yeah yeah these things only happen to me anyway.

I'm sorry for taking your time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So is the problem resloved now?

its some "cool" word kids use these days

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, but what does it mean?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anything i guess :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha guh.

It's mine.

And it means anything.