Battle of the Original Metal Bands...

johnezz

Who do you like Better?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vote and then post why :P

I personally like Deep Purple better, they were faster, and louder, and invented Speed Metal. They were all very talented, Blackmore/Lord/Paice damn thats a shit hot trio of musicans, Glover was disposable :P . Gillan had an amazing voice, so did Coverdale.

I still love Sabbath though, they fucken rock too rock3

Edited by johnezz

Sabbath, Purple weren't metal. Brilliant, but not metal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would argue that, i would consider Highway Star too be the first Speed Metal song, it had a Thrashy riff and blistering solo, and was fast tempo. Even though they were not as heavy as Sabbath Puplre were heavier than other bands like Led Zeppelin. And if you seen footage of them live in the 70's well you wouldn't be doubting them that they are not metal, They played all their song 1 1/2 times faster, and 10 x louder (infact they have the world record for the worlds loudest concert)

I would put them in the same genre as Iron Maiden, except that Purple invented it.

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

and

Deep Purple - In Rock

were the first two metal album Period

Edited by johnezz