Black Sabbath vs Iron Maiden

Greekgelboy

Which of these is the best band?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love both bands but i will go with maiden.  Both have made great songs but Maiden are the band that have consistently made great albums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MAIDEN ARE TERRIBLE! and as for their albums. There all the same, the singers voice is so bad. All the solos are the same, and they should have retired a long time ago.

rock4

I love both bands but i will go with maiden.  Both have made great songs but Maiden are the band that have consistently made great albums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MAIDEN ARE TERRIBLE! and as for their albums. There all the same, the singers voice is so bad. All the solos are the same, and they should have retired a long time ago.

rock4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What the hell you smoking dude, Bruce Dickinson's voice is amazing, he's proberly the greatest Metal vocalist ever. Live he voice is awesome and consistant, even today its just as good as it was, unlike someone else.

And their albums don't all sound the same, but they are all made by the same band, for of course they are going to be similar, Maiden has their signature sound.

As for the solos, Murry, Smith and Gers crap over most guitarists these days, their solos are intence.

I seriously do not know how you think they are shit dude, they have awesome songs which are all well constructed with good melodies. On top of that the are one of the best live acts ever, and they proved they still have it at Ozzfest this year, they shat all over the younger bands.

UP THE FUCKIN IRON'S! rock3

Il probably dont now who is best, but il probably vote for Sabbath, because where the fathers of metal, but i could also vote for Maiden, because it is a fucking great group that performs incredibly well. I think ill go for maiden, cause it has a better guitar, that the solos, riffs, and even the chords are great, plus we do a lot of Maiden covers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rock4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What the hell you smoking dude, Bruce Dickinson's voice is amazing, he's proberly the greatest Metal vocalist ever. Live he voice is awesome and consistant, even today its just as good as it was, unlike someone else.

And their albums don't all sound the same, but they are all made by the same band, for of course they are going to be similar, Maiden has their signature sound.

As for the solos, Murry, Smith and Gers crap over most guitarists these days, their solos are intence.

I seriously do not know how you think they are shit dude, they have awesome songs which are all well constructed with good melodies. On top of that the are one of the best live acts ever, and they proved they still have it at Ozzfest this year, they shat all over the younger bands.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said! :D

Maiden do have a unique guitar solos which are so great they sometimes give me goosebumps. Like that one in Fear of the Dark, or the Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner, or Afraid To Shoot Strangers....they are just ace(s high) ;)

Maiden's albums are far from all the same. They've been through 3 different vocalists for one thing. I like Paul Di'Annio's raw, gravely voice almost as much as Dickinson's, who's more operatic.

Then there's all the different phases they've been through. Some of the earlier stuff has punk influences, then there's the classic Maiden of NOTB and POM. Then the albums that they did with synths to add extra texture, producing one of the greatest albums ever, Seventh Son of A Seventh Son. And now we have the new stuff, with an extra guitarist.

There's a huge variety. More than most band. There's as much variety as there was in GnR, but it's spread out over more albums. So whichever of their styles you like, there's lots of material of that style to listen to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rock4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maiden do have a unique guitar solos which are so great they sometimes give me goosebumps. Like that one in Fear of the Dark, or the Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner, or Afraid To Shoot Strangers....they are just ace(s high) ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Afraid To Shoot Strangers!! That song rules so much! The riff about 2 mins 30 in is a classic!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rock4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Afraid To Shoot Strangers!! That song rules so much! The riff about 2 mins 30 in is a classic!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh hell yeh! I love that riff so much I recorded it so that riff plays whenever I start Windows up, it's so kewl! rock3

Maiden by far, I can't stand anything Ozzy does, he has got a really weak voice that doesn't suit metal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, ozzy's voice isnt really what youd hear in most metal bands. but i think that it is a pretty good voice. just like axl and bon scott have that voice that not many people can do, it doesnt really sound like most rock n roll bands, but its still a good fuckin voice and they rule!

My Dying Bride

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

one word.

EMO!