Most underrated guitarists

!Dead!

Argh, for christ sakes, i've said it before, but i just have to say it again:

RITCHIE BLACKMORE IS SOOOOOOOOO UNDERRATED

ok im done ranting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that. The solo in Child In Time is amazing. rock3 rock1

By the way, johnezz, are Blackmore's Night any good? I know they arent like Deep Purple or Rainbow but they are touring and I'm thinking of going to see them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok im done ranting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By the way, johnezz, are Blackmore's Night any good? I know they arent like Deep Purple or Rainbow but they are touring and I'm thinking of going to see them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Surprisly i haven't got any Blackmores Nights stuff, it's very different like you said to DP and Rainbow. It's Medievil Flok Music, Ritchie has always loved Medievil/Classical music (he started off the whole neo-classical Metal thing) And you can hear this in quite a few Rainbow songs. Ritchie rips up on the acoustic, and Candice Night has an amazing voice. Even if it's not your thing i think you should go, apprantly people dress up in medievil clothes for their performances (which they have at castles alot of the time) It would be a fun night out. I would go cos personally Ritchie is a guitar hero of mine, but if the ticket price is cheap then why the hell not! :)

ok im done ranting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Surprisly i haven't got any Blackmores Nights stuff, it's very different like you said to DP and Rainbow. It's Medievil Flok Music, Ritchie has always loved Medievil/Classical music (he started off the whole neo-classical Metal thing) And you can hear this in quite a few Rainbow songs. Ritchie rips up on the acoustic, and Candice Night has an amazing voice. Even if it's not your thing i think you should go, apprantly people dress up in medievil clothes for their performances (which they have at castles alot of the time) It would be a fun night out. I would go cos personally Ritchie is a guitar hero of mine, but if the ticket price is cheap then why the hell not! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, I just have to find some people who are willing to go with me :)

Jack White - The White Stripes

Fuck that shit. The dude is Number 17 on the Top 100 Guitarists in Rolling Stone. If anything he is overrated. Show me some good guitar work please? Oh I forgot... they only made one successful album...

Edited by Forsaken

Buddy Guy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, he's awesome, so much feel in his playing

oh and btw, congrats on the 2000. B)

rock on mate rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Snap! Just realized that; thanks :)

Buddy Guy is awesome. He does put a lot of emotions in his playing. I enjoy listening to Buckethead (yes, his playing is very emotional [listen to Colma] ); but I'll choose any Blues Guitarist over him. Over any 'shredder' actually ;)

ok im done ranting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, I just have to find some people who are willing to go with me :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your paying :P

And yes, I have tried listening to Giant Robot, Monsters And Robots and Bucketheadland a few times.

Thats like listenting to GNR without ever listening to Coma, Estranged, November Rain, or any other ballad.

3 of 30+ different CDs............

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

ok im done ranting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have all their albums, I love their sound, especially on their first 2.

I can't wait for their live DVD to come out.