Is all new music on the charts today crap?

jack99

Pick you fav from this list:  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the charts has always been full of crap.

People think it was better back in the 80s, true there was much more rock/metal but mainly the charts was full of techno/disco/synth-pop shit

people think it was always sunny in the past, when in fact it rained just as much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very true

You know, you can't sometimes really rely on charts ...

Strawberry Fields Forever, possibly my favourite song by The Beatles, didn't hit #1.

Sultans Of Swing, a worldwide known song, hasn't, either.

Stairway To Heaven wasn't even a single.

The Sex Pistols never hit #1.

Guns N' Roses only made it to #1 once.

And many more occasions charts aren't very reliable..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you have quite good music taste :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a lot!

The best is "Gold Digger" by Kanye West. Oh wait, rap can't ever be good! Only listen to songs with guitar solos! :rolleyes: I hate talking to people into rock music because 90% of them think that way.

"Be Yourself" is a song that I would really call good, but it becomes catchy after awhile. Anyone who watched Raw over the summer should know why.

the charts has always been full of crap.

People think it was better back in the 80s, true there was much more rock/metal but mainly the charts was full of techno/disco/synth-pop shit

people think it was always sunny in the past, when in fact it rained just as much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh so very true!!!

Even in the 70's (my favourite decade of Music, Disco dominated the charts)

It's sooooooooo un-Rock-n'-Roll to be on the charts.

Rock bands rely on live performances to gain popularity rather than going to "top of the pops" type shows and sitting on #1 for a week.

BTW, i choose Kanye West, finally something good actully coming out of the US Hip Hop scene. Australian Hip Hop is still a bilion times better though.

Edited by johnezz

• 1 month later...

I quite like 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' by Arctic Monkeys. That was number one in the UK a few weeks ago. Anyone else like it?

Arctic monkeys are a fantasic band, you should get some more of their stuff, that is a good song but they have alot better stuff.

My mate said exactly the same thing and he showed me some of there other songs that he'd downloaded and i thought they were shit

I voted for Wake me Up When September ends.. I think it's a real cool song, and it's very catchy.. especially with those few guitar notes that are clean.. Great song IMO.

Wake Me Up When September Ends is great.

Fix You isn't as good as early Coldplay songs but a good effort.

Yeah I agree with you on both parts.. There was so much hype on the new Coldplay album, I got excited, and was actually let down. They wrote much better songs; yellow, the scientist, are my favorites by them..

Only listen to songs with guitar solos! :rolleyes: I hate talking to people into rock music because 90% of them think that way.

:rofl-lol: I used to be that way.. 6 years ago when I first started learning guitar, I loved like.. Blink-182, 3rd Eye Blind, Matchbox Twenty, Goo Goo Dolls.. all that stuff.. and I learned all the songs on guitar.. But when I progressed, I started to only like songs with guitar solos. I finally got out of that stage, and now I proudly admit I like Blink, Goo Goo dolls, 3eb (not matchbox 20 anymore!!).. I've learned that if the song appeals to me.. it's okay to like it if it doesn't have great guitar playing..

But I still enjoy good guitar playing ie: Avenged Seven Fold!

I think the Coldplay song is probably the best one on the list. I like some of Green Day's stuff but WMUWSE is, in my opinion, over-rated. It's catchy enough though.

I think Audioslave are one of the most boring bands I've ever heard.

Madonna's music is just utter garbage, it has no melodic quality whatsoever.

I respect rap to some degree and while I don't want to say it isn't music (because it is), it's not music the way other genres are where they actually focus on the composition of rhythms and melodies to carry the song.

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a hit but One Way Ticket is a killer song by The Darkness. That scream by Hawkins near the start is chilling.

Edited by KBear

i think they are crap cuz i dont think any of them are actually rock and i have every type of music expect for rock the actual good stuff now this punk shit that isnt even punk,and metal and heavy metal like metallica and iron maiden and shit like that

Can someone translate this post for me? :question:

I said they were all crap b/c it seems like everyone forgets about what real rock is :( Plus, I don't like Green Day b/c they hate America, and I kind of like Audioslave but still not really what rock is about

I mean if you liked new music i geuss the list would be good, but I don't like it so I consider it crap

I think most of todays music is complete shit! I live in the world of the 80's when it is 2006. The 80's had the best rock music I think. rock2

Obviously you don't get out there. There is sooo much great music out there. 80's rock was utter shit.

I think most of todays music is complete shit! I live in the world of the 80's when it is 2006. The 80's had the best rock music I think. rock2

Obviously you don't get out there. There is sooo much great music out there. 80's rock was utter shit.

Amen.

I hate those stereotype kids. How the hell can you say you love music when you're stuck on 1 fucking decade?! Which in this case also happened to be the worst in music history.

ok, I like SOME of todays stuff but not much of it though. I also like a few people and bands from the 70's. So i do like more than one decade of music and the 80's music I like are similar artist to GN'R. Just though I'd clear that up.

Don't give in to what other people say. Like whatever kind of music you want and say whatever you want to say. Who cares what other people think and besides if you were just making a generalization with your first post in this thread and other people take it to literally it's not your fault. Anyhow if you had to explain yourself completly in every thread that would make the whole entire site five thousand times bigger, and if people misinterpret what you say and talk shit to you :fuckyou: them