How would you compare Led Zeppelin...

Chrisi Rokks

Just been listening to Led Zeppelin (4) and i thought, what a fuckin great album. But i wonder what people, especially the younger Gn'R fans, think of Zeppelin an Gn'R? Personally, i think Led Zeppelin are the best band in the world. Nothing can compare close to them. They're just awsome. Gn'R however are indeed one of my favourite bands. And IMO best band of the 80's. But i think compared to Led Zeppelin they arn't half as good. What do you think?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been listening to Led Zeppelin (4) and i thought, what a fuckin great album. But i wonder what people, especially the younger Gn'R fans, think of Zeppelin an Gn'R? Personally, i think Led Zeppelin are the best band in the world. Nothing can compare close to them. They're just awsome. Gn'R however are indeed one of my favourite bands. And IMO best band of the 80's. But i think compared to Led Zeppelin they arn't half as good. What do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the same thing as you, even though I'm a 'young GN'R-fan'.

People should just face it: if it wasn't for Led Zeppelin, bands like GN'R wouldn't have existed.

Zeppelin is good. GNR is great.

Honestly, I like Zeppelin, but I wouldn't consider them as one of my favourite bands. They have some pretty good songs, but overall GNR is much better IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

Don't get me started on Stairway... :sleeper:

Maybe it's wrong to automatically assume that any bands influenced by Led Zep won't be as good as them - it's kind of giving Led Zeppelin an untouchable status to the point where it's kind of seen as wrong to criticise them...

I would say GnR were as talented as Led Zep, but totally different. You can't really compare the two bands.

I would say GnR were as talented as Led Zep

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol::lol: Ah that made me laugh, how can you compare a bunch of LA drug addicts who ok yeah, they wrote cool songs n all, but only got famous because of the 80's scene an their fan base, to a band that had 2 amazing session musicians, the best drummer in the world and a fuckin icon of a frontman. Talent wise, Gn'R just don't compare at all

Of course there is another side to the story, Led Zeppelin only got famous because of Page and the Yardbirds...but whatever, they invented Rock music. And as far as tallent go...well, i don't even need to talk about that!

Edited by Crash Diet

Well, Zeppelin were obviously a huge influence on Gn'R.

Zeppelin were a great hard rock band but also had their softer moments. I prefer Thank You and The Rain Song over Don't Cry, November Rain and Estranged. Their songs were very different and every member was really talented (IMO Axl's voice can get a bit annoying).

Live, Zeppelin win easily. Like in Whole Lotta Love, they go into about 3 different songs after playing WLL for 4 minutes. The third song is a slow blues song called 'Going Down Slow'. When it finishes the last chord, Plant screams out 'Way down inside' to bring it back into WLL. Its so creative how the extend a song to 23 minutes but it doesnt get boring. However, Guns N' Roses don't really do anything that different from studio versions except some songs i.e. Patience.

So for me, its definately Zeppelin

:lol:  :lol:  Ah that made me laugh, how can you compare a bunch of LA drug addicts who ok yeah, they wrote cool songs n all, but only got famous because of the 80's scene an their fan base, to a band that had 2 amazing session musicians, the best drummer in the world and a fuckin icon of a frontman. Talent wise, Gn'R just don't compare at all

Of course there is another side to the story, Led Zeppelin only got famous because of Page and the Yardbirds...but whatever, they invented Rock music. And as far as tallent go...well, i don't even need to talk about that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Led Zep were also a bunch of drug addicts. How can you say that Guns N' Roses only got famous because of their fan base? They wouldn't have fans if it wasn't for the music.

Lez Zep did not invent rock music. I don't always see why they are glorified so much, of course I love Led Zeppelin's music, but no more or less than Gn'R. It's just different. I play it at different times.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Led Zeppelin are great, but I like Guns N' Roses song more, I think Axl's voice is better that Robert's and Slash's solos are way better than Jimmy's.

But I still think Led Zeppelin are very great

Led Zeppelin is my favorite band ever. One listen to their live version of Dazed & Confused from their movie, and I was hooked. I've never seen that level of musicians acting as one and able to change direction on a whim so many times in one song.

Live, Zeppelin were insane.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me 2. I bought their dvd an was totally blown away. I'd never seen anything like that before. Since I've been loving you though...that song just blew me away from the word go. or "Working" as it is in the song

Slash's solos are way better than Jimmy's

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out White Summer the video

Edited by Crash Diet