Gn'r - What do people think of your favorite band?

Guest AxlRox

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW ummm people ussually tell me GNR sucks but then i get pissed then ill start hittin' them...........or there like GNR there DEAD or like gnr is gay cuzzthere like funk punk and metal/................ and i will punch them and tell them u dont no wat im talkin' about

GNR doesn't come up when I talk to friends of mine although I have a freind of mine and the subject of ChiDem came up and we were pondering why it hasn't been released yet and he said "Axl is doing his, OK here I am,no wait,gotta go away and become a little bit more pretencious. OK, no, really here I am, no wait , gotta go away, become even more pretencious"

Mostly GNR came up into conversations back when I was in high school when GNR was still the shit (89-93). Alot of love back in the days. I remember one guy saying he hated GNR and that Axl's voice sounds like he's chewing on razor blades

Edited by Jabberwocky

Guest JohnUlmer

I think some of you are seriously underestimating the relevance GN'R still holds today. Younger crowds (i.e. those in high school) may act ignorant but do you think Contraband became the record-breaking album it did merely because of its marketing?

I generally don't talk much about music to my friends. When I do mention GN'R most of them say they either like a few of their songs or "Slash is cool." One of my friends hates Axl's voice. And I think a lot of the negative stuff comes from the whole comeback attempt in '02 and the failure of the VMAs performance.

But a lot of older people still remember them and they do still maintain something of a "mini-legend"...they're still featured in great albums polls and magazines and everything...MAD Magazine recently had a reference to Chinese Democracy and Axl -- they're not as forgotten or ignored as everyone here is making them out to be. A lot of it just has to do with the fact that they haven't released an album in over a decade and as such younger crowds aren't as familiar with them, and/or think they're just hair metal. That will change whenever CD finally comes out.

Most people already know GNR is my favorite band and know I'm an Axlite. But I do recall an incident a few months back, with this one drunken deutchbag my friend and I refer to as "The Rash Man" because like a rash he was annoying random people, including us. We were talking about music and I told him my favorite band is Guns N' Roses. He's like they were cool back when I was like ten and laughs cuz he GnR must be loser music to this cool cat. Rash couldn't have been much older then me and I'm 22. I wanted to beat his ass in the name of Sir Axl right then and there but using my head I simply shook my head and he left to hit on some men that looked like Dee Snider. He irritated the hell out of me and honestly if people stupidly talk shit about my band and my idol then I'm libel to kick some homefucks double talkin' jive ass.

Guest JohnUlmer
Most people already know GNR is my favorite band and know I'm an Axlite.  But I do recall an incident a few months back, with this one drunken deutchbag my friend and I refer to as "The Rash Man" because like a rash he was annoying random people, including us.  We were talking about music and I told him my favorite band is Guns N' Roses.  He's like they were cool back when I was like ten and laughs cuz he GnR must be loser music to this cool cat.  Rash couldn't have been much older then me and I'm 22.  I wanted to beat his ass in the name of Sir Axl right then and there but using my head I simply shook my head and he left to hit on some men that looked like Dee Snider.  He irritated the hell out of me and honestly if people stupidly talk shit about my band and my idol then I'm libel to kick some homefucks double talkin' jive ass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he ever says "They were cool when I was ten" again, just say, "Yeah, so were stupid fucking put-downs like that" (or a variation of this - it's hard to write, sounds better when you say it) or, "So I guess that means you think they're cool?" Take it outside and beat the living shit out of him - he sounds like an asshole, and probably deserves it. Also you can always use the "Your mother was cool when I was ten too, but then my dick outgrew her mouth" line. Mom jokes are like a safety net.

It depends, if im talking about them with some close freinds, most of them like the band or at least a few of their songs.

If im talking to some random person from my school usually my response will be something along the lines of... "Like didn't they like do that like paradise city song, they we're like cool! do you like fall out boy? l0lz"

It really depends, but the other day i did have an interesting conversation with my english teacher about the band, it turns out she liked them and we chatted about VR, and i explained too her what was going on with Axl and the new band.

EDIT: Yay im a super god!

Edited by Dirty Little Thing

The responses vary but one of my friends thinks Axl is an asshole and his voice is shit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah well don't get me started on his musical tastes- Slipknot :laugh:

when i tell my friends my fav band is Guns N' Roses they usual make a face like this <_< and says "the original band had a couple of good songs, but Axl is a dikhead"

well, fuck them :fuckyou: . it is so many fucking idiots living around here who dont understnad good music and understand that Axl is the greatest fucking man on earth

When i tell people (who arent my friends but merely people i know) my favourite band are Guns N' Roses i get "Guns N' Roses are gay" or "axl's a gimp" or even "Slash can't play guitar" :o I get very mad and then because of my shouting at them they laugh at me and it makes me madder! lol. But i dont realy have any friends that are Guns fans or, for that matter, rock fans! im all alone! lol rock1

I've never had a bad comment when i tell people my favourite band is Guns N' Roses. I often wear a GN'R t-shirt when i go out to clubs and i often get people coming up to me saying "i fucking love that t-shirt, Guns N' Roses are fucking awesome" so it's all good really :D