Gn'r - What do people think of your favorite band?

Guest AxlRox

I've never had a bad comment when i tell people my favourite band is Guns N' Roses. I often wear a GN'R t-shirt when i go out to clubs and i often get people coming up to me saying "i fucking love that t-shirt, Guns N' Roses are fucking awesome" so it's all good really :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your lucky, Mama Kin

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cherry_bomb

i go to art school. every single person there is a emo, or into the shitty trendy bands in their suits and rab-c nesbit hair. so, i kinda stand out when i wear my gnr t shirt. most people are like :lol: "they suck, axl's got weak ankles" urm......ok. not usually a great reaction, but i really couldnt give a fuck!!! who will remember the shitty bands they like in 20 years time?

last time I got an reply of that was:

Guns N' Roses, huh. I was talking about what is your fav. band that is still in the business....

than I just said: well, they are still working, only with other members exept for Axl... and Dizzy.

than he said: WHAT??? they are still playing??? and WITHOUT SLASH??? the band must suck now, I like'd them when they were good

I wasn't going to say that they were still good becouse than he would just start talking pretty much

Well most people my age (13/14) listen to Linkin Park, The Used, My Chemical Romance, whatever, while I'm listening to Led Zep, GN'R, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc...their like:

'That stuffs just old crap, listen to My Chemical Romance man they rock'

Fuck them, stupid emo suicidal cunt lickers

:anger:

I don't get positive reactions usually, the most positive would be:

'Ok cool' <_<

One had the nerve to call Axl N' Slash 'Cross-dressers'...I showed them :P

i've always found that everyone found it to be cool that my fav band was G'n'R

rap/hiphop, metal, grunge fans all seem to show respect for G'n'R knowing who they are.

it's not like other 80s bands when one says "I'm a Motley Crue fan- I'm going to their concert next Monday" - they immediately turn it into a joke and say - "o yea. What's their setlist? girls, girls, girls and then girls, girls, girls acoustic remix?"

i've always found that G'n'R has been the ONE band from pre-90s that everyone respects as still being cool and nouveau.

ok, ive probarly posted this in the wrong place but...

how do people react when you tell them ur fav band is gn'r.. i usually get the faces like  :blink: ..

people say.. omg your into that kinda shit...

just wondering wat reactions ye get?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They usually burst out "axl rose sux" or "slash sux",,

just to try to piss me of.. usually only ends om with me kickin theire ass in a discussion.. :D

cause when they tell me theire favourite band.,, i can tell them how much more Gnr acheaved(?) considering that GNR has played with or are friends with every succsesful band EVER (Both solo, with other bands and in gnr)

the emos say they suck and tell me my chemical romance is better.

so i laugh at them and make fun of how gay the emo bands are and then they have nothing to say back.

but everyone i talk to who isnt emo (even the hip hop rapper gangster people)

theyre all like

WHOOOOOO YEAH AXL KICKS ASS MAN WHENS THAT NEW ONE COMIN OUT MAN I GOTTA GET IT!

then i laugh and say how long its been waited on and theyre all like, "ahaha damn"

i was first surprised when i heard how much all the g-unit people at my school like them.

everyone kicks ass except the emo fags.

but no one cares what they think and theyre wrong anyway.

and i make sure to show them that.

dumbasses

One thing is for your friend to say they're crap. But another thing is when my friend said, "i thought they were all dead".  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH MY GOD! someone needs to be enrolled into the school of rock.. and fast!

I've never had a bad comment when i tell people my favourite band is Guns N' Roses. I often wear a GN'R t-shirt when i go out to clubs and i often get people coming up to me saying "i fucking love that t-shirt, Guns N' Roses are fucking awesome" so it's all good really :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is so cool, when i wear a gn'r t-shirt i get 'omg' looks.. im sick of it, and all this slipknot, linkin part crap!! :fuckyou:

I find aswell, when i start talking about gn'r, people say; 'your obsessed-get help', i cant help it!

Well most people my age (13/14) listen to Linkin Park, The Used, My Chemical Romance, whatever, while I'm listening to Led Zep, GN'R, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc...their like:

'That stuffs just old crap, listen to My Chemical Romance man they rock'

Fuck them, stupid emo suicidal cunt lickers

:anger:

I don't get positive reactions usually, the most positive would be:

'Ok cool'  <_<

One had the nerve to call Axl N' Slash 'Cross-dressers'...I showed them :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm 14 years old too... and there is nobody on my age listening to that crap you were talking about, I guess Iceland just have an more grown kids than you have :rofl-lol:

yes there was one incident when i asked a friend ; 'do you like gn'r?' to which they replied 'yes', and i said whats your favourite song and they said.. 'i dont know any of their songs'... :rofl-lol:

also our neighbour whos in his thirties now said, that when he was younger he used to wear leather pants and everything liked axl, he had redish hair anyway and it was long and he wore a bandana ive seen pictures and he really looked like him

Normally my preferences are not brought up because I'm feeding off theirs. I know nothing and want to stay intuned to some degree. But the times they were mentioned I get positive feedback but they're old, same ol' same ol'. Then some schnide remark about Axl that I blow off considering the source. The source usually is some steadfast opinionated dedicated follower of fashion dweeb puppy. When upon I follow-up on their preferences it always goes off to some ball-less wimpy limp dick band that drones off like a plain wrap can of beans. Of the musicians I've mentioned it to they always react quite favorably and I can sense them reminiscing with a smile. The muscians then tell me about some other bands that relate to that type of music and they are much more informative. :shades:

BTW every time a new alblum comes out it renews the band(s), a lime light thing. Like as if you don't already know that.

ok, ive probarly posted this in the wrong place but...

how do people react when you tell them ur fav band is gn'r.. i usually get the faces like  :blink: ..

people say.. omg your into that kinda shit...

just wondering wat reactions ye get?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had that reaction to my two favourite bands, but i just say" Omg you're a dickhead!"

LIZ :P

I get a response such as, "who is in the band now?" so, I fill them in.

Everyone I know of (and maybe it's because I am in the late 30s age bracket) knows of GNR.  I really only get postive feedback.

In fact, I had a coworker in my SUV yesterday as we had to deliver Christmas presents and the whole time, GNR's greatest hits was playing in my CD player.  I caught my coworker turning up the volume :xmasssanta:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats cool, my aunt is in her thirties, and besides my brother, shes the only gn'r fan i know! i think its sad... kids do seem to listen to green day and that because its 'cool'... gn'r are cooler though!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well i love GNR but i also like Greenday, well their dookie album and their latest song Holiday, sorry but i have VERY varied tastes, i can go through any genre and the only rule is i've got to like it, oh and that i don't like a band because everyone else does. Yes, i was the odd one at school because i loved Duran Duran and Rock Music, and beatles and...... BUT i didn't like Boyzone or Take That, so i was sad apparently! Ha Ha!!

LIZ

p.s I'm not going to be ousted am i because i like Green Day? :(

people usually look at me and then go "yeah they're allright but Axl Rose is a major Asshole"

sometimes they look at me weirdly because they expect me to be a total geek because i wear glasses and to listen to Nintendo music on my CD player. others just tell me that they're crap and they only like a remix of SCOM with a woman singing it, this to me seems to be vaguely lesbianistic?? worrying!

:blink:

Depends on whom I talk too.

Death Metal dudes just laugh and say something like "you listen cock rock"

Nu metal people say "They suck, get with the times dude"

Emo people say "Guns N' Roses are shit, listen to Fall Boy Out(or something like that) they are more rock then that bullshit.

Other Rockers like myself say "same here dude" or "they are fucking awesome"