slash says:

mynameisjonas

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funral's got no facts, he knows jack all.

Am to lazy to search for that quote of Slash...I know it's somewhere in here!

How about the other fact who Slash said Guns N' Roses Greatest Hit 2 will be out in December?.... :o

did that came out of his ass?...

Didn't Slash say a few weeks ago that there would be a Greatest Hits 2?

from CD.com

Here is a plausible explanation for this (based solely on my speculation):

Geffen/Interscope, repeating a tactic unsuccessfully used in 2004, tell Axl GH2 is coming out b/c CD has not been finished yet. Limited promotion begins (such as placement on Amazon's site). Slash, as a co-owner of GN'R's back-catalog, is informed. Slash is later informed that GH2 is cancelled. Naturally, he questions why. Geffen/Interscope tell him...

-dark globe

you're an optimist! But I like the conclusion you draw. :D

about a half hour ago I was listening to WMMR Philly Radio. Slash did a pretty kool interview live because VR are doing AC tonight.

Slash says he can't wait to hear Axl's new record in March. The host says.. wait so Chinese Democracy is coming out in March?

Slash says the album is done & that he has been told many things over time, but this really sounds like it's coming out in March. He sounded really sure so I thought that I would share that at least.

Another highlight was that he doesnt blame Axl at all for the Vegas "red flags" for him not being able to attend. He said he doesn't think Axl had anything to do with "instagating" that & that it had to do with his Manager.

He also said the whole "feud" thing between him & Axl is just media hype & people just talking it up & said there is really no bad blood between them. & said he hasnt talked to him in 10 years. Also called the media sad for saying false things with the plastic surgury, pluggs stuff etc etc.

Take it for... well you know. sounded convincing though so i'm simply passing on. -BP

------

from CD.com. i dunno, just passin it on.

Its good to hear Slash say good things about Axl, maybe its indeed all mediahype..

I wish you all a HAPPY NEWYEAR!!!

So now we are waiting to here GnR news from the wise and honest Slash?

No offence but this has no credibility for me, if we here credible CD news i doubt it will come from Slash. I choose to do as i do and take this with a mountain of salt even if Slash did say it.When there is news we will here it from the great hermit or his hermit manager not an ex member.Sorry to be a realist but fuck me guys when will you learn? :blink:

I disagree with you there- this is possibly one of the best sources it could have come from excluding Axl himself. The band members and Merck have been constantly wrong in the past so I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt. They have motives to state Chinese Democracy is soon- to keep people interested in GNR. However Slash has got no alterior motives- he is not part of Chinese Democracy and in fact he may not even care if the album never reached the light of day. So why did he need to say it? He didn't. I at least think he was told by a credible source (inside geffen/interscope) that Chinese Democracy is hopefully being released in March.

If Slash did in fact say those words, then I believe at some point in time a March release date has been considered or in fact is the true date.

This is rubbish. They who speak dont know, they who know dont speak.

Remember those words....How can Slash of all the persons in this world know anything about Chinese Democracy????This doesnt mean anything!

Happy new Year to Axl Rose and the new Gunners....must 2006 be the year!

Axl is great greater greatest

Didn't Slash say a few weeks ago that there would be a Greatest Hits 2?

from CD.com

Here is a plausible explanation for this (based solely on my speculation):

Geffen/Interscope, repeating a tactic unsuccessfully used in 2004, tell Axl GH2 is coming out b/c CD has not been finished yet. Limited promotion begins (such as placement on Amazon's site). Slash, as a co-owner of GN'R's back-catalog, is informed. Slash is later informed that GH2 is cancelled. Naturally, he questions why. Geffen/Interscope tell him...

-dark globe

That is an explanation that i personally believe. This Slash interview is very encouraging but s it is only a rumour. Saying that I do believe that 2006 really will be the year. :xmasssanta:

I don't doubt Slash hears things through his circle of contacts. The music biz is their life after all.

They still work with the same people that worked for GNR back in the day. For example, Adam Day worked on Snakepit's tour back in 2001, and Tom Mayhue did GNR's 2002 tour. Both of these guys were tour and production guys for GNR, check your old liner notes. These guys are people too, they talk to each other, big deal.

Edited by JEEP11

I find this whole thread pretty funny.

I mean, the only person who would know the release date for sure would be Axl. And does anybody really believe he'd pick up the phone and give the good news to Slash first? :rofl-lol:

However, if the rest of the article is real, then I have to say I like the attitude change Slash has made toward Axl. Rekindles thoughts of the "R" word ... rr... rrrr... reUNION.

I find this whole thread pretty funny.

I mean, the only person who would know the release date for sure would be Axl. And does anybody really believe he'd pick up the phone and give the good news to Slash first? :rofl-lol:

However, if the rest of the article is real, then I have to say I like the attitude change Slash has made toward Axl. Rekindles thoughts of the "R" word ... rr... rrrr... reUNION.

Blasphemy :lol:

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! i really hope this thread is true because not only is march 3 months away it is also the month of my birthday so this would be amazing!!!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy!!!!!!!!!! rock1

the only person who would know the release date for sure would be Axl.

Obviously Axl has final say on when/if it's going to be released. But once that decision is made, there are going to be a shitload of people who will know about it. An album doesn't suddenly appear in music stores from out of nowhere.

does anybody really believe he'd pick up the phone and give the good news to Slash first? :rofl-lol:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. But it's hardly inconceivable that Slash would hear news about the album from mutual friends/colleagues of Axl.

(Don't get me wrong, this is all probably bullshit) :shades:

Edited by Dead Flower

Slash has indeed adopted a new attitude towards Axl. Maybe instead of being negative he has thought more of what the two accomplished together. He probably knows better than anyone how great a reunion would be. I firmly believe Axl with a familiar band around him will have the confidence to perform like he used to. None of this poor singing that we all pretend sounds really good. All it would take is Axl Rose standing shoulder to shoulder with Slash and we would have Guns N' Roses. Not a second rate band, which has only one member in it. We would have the REAL thing.

I want a reunion a lot more than I want Chinese Democracy. I say this because I feel a reunion would be worth waiting for.

the only person who would know the release date for sure would be Axl.

Obviously Axl has final say on when/if it's going to be released. But once that decision is made, there are going to be a shitload of people who will know about it. An album doesn't suddenly appear in music stores from out of nowhere...

Yes, but once that "decision" is made, do you really think we'd hear the news from Slash first? I don't think so.

My guess - and it's just a guess - Slash has read the forums, and the speculation that Axl was given another ultimatum from the label to finish CD by the end of the first quarter of 2006 or GH2 will be released. Afterall - this is the latest rumor making its way around the GNR world. jmo.

Slash has indeed adopted a new attitude towards Axl. Maybe instead of being negative he has thought more of what the two accomplished together. He probably knows better than anyone how great a reunion would be. I firmly believe Axl with a familiar band around him will have the confidence to perform like he used to. None of this poor singing that we all pretend sounds really good. All it would take is Axl Rose standing shoulder to shoulder with Slash and we would have Guns N' Roses. Not a second rate band, which has only one member in it. We would have the REAL thing.

I want a reunion a lot more than I want Chinese Democracy. I say this because I feel a reunion would be worth waiting for.

if chinese democracy is released....we can have a plate full of hats together

Edited by 3rd Wheel