Could Slash Be Challenging Axl By Naming A Date?

madison

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time in a long time Slash sounded intimidated by the "New GnR'." Almost like he listened to CD and realised that Axl has still got it. Maybe Slash has lost his passion with VR?

you must've missed the parts where Slash talked about VR in the interview...

Slash did nothing more than look forward to CDs release, what a fucking criminal.Ive been as big a critic of him and VR but for fucks sake stop trying to create a war that obviously dont exist in Slash's head!

I say they both release at the same time and GnR fans finaly get some rewards for years of patience.

It could just be that Slash wants to hear what Axl can put out. What a crazy theory that is. He's not secretly planning a reunion and marketing CD on a radio station or anything stupid like that. Quit shitting out of your mouths with that nonsense.

There is no way VR's next album will outsell Chi Dem. Chi Dem will have the marketing push, the media hype, the GN'R name, and the return of Axl Rose to propel it to big sales. Not to mention the fact that it will almost surely be the better album of the two, quite possibly by a fairly wide margin.

this is bullshit man, axl's a right pain in the ass, but a great talent, fuckin release the thing already, the dude will have the aid of a walking stick soon,

i will by vr's album to support slash and duff as well, they go ok.

this thread?? well NIN well put out a good album before this happens ;) , it's just to keep people talking about gnr, keep them coming back keep them interested, madison knows it won't happen.

most people only listen to VR because its as close as they cna get to guns n roses. If there was a guns cd and a piece of shit scott weiland cd.. im pretty sur emost peopl would take axl over scott. No matter what with all the slash and duff on vr's side and no one on gnr. Its logic why does VR have fans in the first place because of guns n roses. If the guns were back how mnay would go back to axl?

We all know that there's a greater chance of pigs flying outside the window -- than there is of Axl calling up Slash on the phone to tell him the album release date first. So I started to wonder - why would Slash make this comment during the interview?

When I listened to the interview again, I realized Slash quickly followed the CD release date with a comment that VR's album would be coming out around the same time. Does anyone think that maybe Slash was challenging Axl to release it in March so that it would come out around the same time as VR's second album - and the two albums could then go head-to-head with each other on the charts? If this happened - do you think the two albums would sell the same? Or do you think one would totally outsell the other and "prove" GNR needs/doesn't need the original members?

Your thoughts?

This is the problem with rumours, and with information in general: the more people that have it or mention it the more credibility it gains; regardless of its validity.

I think it much more probable that he is just screwing around with the interviewer or with the fans in general.

Complex question: "do you think one would totally outsell the other and "prove" GNR needs/doesn't need the original members?" :huh: I don't think album sales prove or disprove need for a reunion.

What I want to know is how hard Slash would be laughing at us right now at this round table discussion we're having.

...Axl calling up Slash on the phone to tell him the album release date first.

Agree...highly unlikely.

So I started to wonder - why would Slash make this comment during the interview?

To piss Axl off? Surely Slash knew about GH2 and Universal's plans to release it if the CD is not ready...again, and the kind of pressure Axl gets put under with all the rumors and speculations flying around daily...and he is also aware of all the crap Axl said about him (them) during the 2002 tour, and what better way to piss him off than to add more fuel to the fire...

Also, I'm sure Slash is sick and tired of being asked about Axl all the time, so it could also be that he has just simply had enough, and decided to say what the crowd just didn't expect him to say this time around, as a joke on Axl's account...

When I listened to the interview again, I realized Slash quickly followed the CD release date with a comment that VR's album would be coming out around the same time. Does anyone think that maybe Slash was challenging Axl to release it in March so that it would come out around the same time as VR's second album - and the two albums could then go head-to-head with each other on the charts?

I don't think the head to head duel is what he's after...I reckon he's counting on the fact that CD would definitelly help boost sales of VR records, so he's hoping for that. If they get released at the same time, VR sales will soar just from the stories that will follow Axl's release, so it will definitelly make VR a bit of cash.

I also think that he is more than aware that there's NO WAY in hell that VR would outsell and outchart Axl's record, so he might as well try and score as much as possible out of it.

If this happened - do you think the two albums would sell the same? Or do you think one would totally outsell the other and "prove" GNR needs/doesn't need the original members?

Axl would sell more than VR. Also, don't forget that VR only has 4 members, and haven't changed their lineup at all, and GNR is currently on member number 25 and counting...and the whole rock community is hoping that all of those members' work and influences remain on the album, so it's their fans also that will buy the CD, not just GNR fans.

VR record will sell only to VR fans...and some die hard GNR fans.

For the first time in a long time Slash sounded intimidated by the "New GnR'." Almost like he listened to CD and realised that Axl has still got it. Maybe Slash has lost his passion with VR?

Keep on wishing.

I could really care less for Slash. Personally, I think he's a no good, drug addict, piece of shit. Yeah, he can play the axe really well, but so can Carlos Santana. When Slash left GnR' (because that's what he did) he made the biggest career mistake of his life. He might not know that now, but he will.

Keep on wishing.

I could really care less for Slash. Personally, I think he's a no good, drug addict, piece of shit. Yeah, he can play the axe really well, but so can Carlos Santana. When Slash left GnR' (because that's what he did) he made the biggest career mistake of his life. He might not know that now, but he will.

When did being successful become a career mistake?? :rolleyes:

most people only listen to VR because its as close as they cna get to guns n roses. If there was a guns cd and a piece of shit scott weiland cd.. im pretty sur emost peopl would take axl over scott. No matter what with all the slash and duff on vr's side and no one on gnr. Its logic why does VR have fans in the first place because of guns n roses. If the guns were back how mnay would go back to axl?

Hey, thanks for letting me know why I'm a VR fan. Here I am like an arse thinking it was just because I liked the music. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately your well written in-depth analysis doesn't explain why I would be, lets say, an AC/DC fan. The last time I checked Slash, Duff and Axl weren't in that band. :tongue2:

Keep on wishing.

You consider leaving a band like GnR', then end up releasing a couple of albums that failed, and then being a guitarist for the Scott Weiland band success? :lol:

Keep on wishing.

You consider leaving a band like GnR', then end up releasing a couple of albums that failed, and then being a guitarist for the Scott Weiland band success? :lol:

Yea, and Axl has done so much in the last DECADE. :rolleyes:

More successful than if he had stayed in the band, released no albums and only played 15 shows in the past 13 years.

And how are you measuring "success"? He's happy doing what he's doing, making music and touring. I'd say he's finally found personal satisfaction.

maybe Axl called Slash mocking him that CD was finished and it's going to kick VR ass and GNR are gonne be huge again etc. And Slash replied by talling it to the media.Just a thought

so basically you say the boys should take some lessons in kindergarden again? :rofl-lol:

good theory tho, kinda imagineable ;)