Chinese Democracy

Son Of A Gun

I was thinking about Chinese Democracy and I 've come to a realistic conclusion. For those who are hoping for the best rock album of all time you are deceiving yourselves. What you will get will be the best MODERN rock album. But in comparison to other old school bands and their albums it may be able to come in the ranks but it will not outdo them. What Axl is doing here is making the most effective modern rock album which has modern features whilst outdoing all the current stuff, as he could only get on the charts and video hits etc with modern stuff. He knows that with old style stuff he wouldn't get far so even if it is not good as the old stuff his purpose is just to get as famous as possible and get as big as they can.

Edited by jack99

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you actually belive the reason Axl is making it more modern is to get on the charts????

Well that is bullshit. As he said before. He is making this album for himself. And he always wanted GNR to evolv with time. He is a big Queen fan and once said that he was excitet about the new queen ablum. Altough he was most likly to hate half of it. But he thanked queen for making him listn to it and discover it.

So I think that's the mentality that is left. He want the band to be a dynamic band instead of a static that It would be if slash and duff had run the show.

But we are not getting a old school rock album. People who think that might be a little naive.

True. I don't think the record company would want a old style rock album, as it wouldn't be as sucessful in today's market. In the end, it's the record companies goal to make money; today's style music would sell more than old rock, so they will want that type of sound. I don't think they'd put so much money into a project if they don't believe today's market would accept it, and purchase it.

so many reasons i think....for himself, be the best modern rock musician, some sort of tribute to queen, for fame and new recognition. Personally it doesn't bother me whether it will come out or not because there are lots of old school rock bands to listen to and if Chinese Democracy comes out then I know i will for the first time LIKE sumthin thats modern rock :)

On a note, isnt it pretty cool when you look at new Gn'R as a modern rock band and compare them to all the modern rock bands, you realise how much better they are, there 's no other modern rock band like them, not one makes music anything close to as good as them. :rolleyes:

Well I definatley think Axl knows what he's doing, I mean he has spent 10 years thinking about it and inventing this record. Although you do have a point: people should just expect an average record, because even if it is extraordinarily over the top, then it will still be more than you expected. ;)

However I really hope we aren't going to be getting some industrial "new metal" record. I just want pure rock n roll. But at this point I think I would accept anything that Axl has got for us :)

Okay I dont agree with that..... Modern rock stinks, its boring uninspired mediocrity that has poisoned the fucking airwaves for far too long, Axl will rekindle the magic that once was rock n roll, yes I believe he will have more modern touches, as in technical wise, but as in rehashed souless modern rock that has sadly run a munk stagnating and brain washing the kids for far to long....no and the lord have mercy on your soul.... AXL aint tryin to sell out his own integrity for some fuckin record company if that was the case he would have hung it up years ago or better yet the record company wouldnt have allowed him to call the shots this long. Merck is the manager, for all that counts, he also manages Iron Fucking Maiden, are they modern, not at all, actually with all the little mall rat hot topic wearin, whiny ass little degenerates running around with there good charlotte t's, Iron Maiden are like fucking aliens in a strange silly little planet. Gnr aint going to be no cookie cutter, does this sound modern? kind of band. Take it that Gnr have always expanded on there sound, they have always took that extra step even it it was risky and said fuck it, and that is what I sincerely believe will happen this year. But not on the attack at your post but modern is used to discreetly and just like the word grunge, modern is in alot of ways parallel to it........like what does it mean? I think it means that all the little shrubs are in there purposeful positions two here and two over here, modern is boring and orderly, ever since some money grubber coined that term, modern, the voice grew winy, the guitars turned down to d, solos were to overindulgent, and haircuts were cool. .........................2006

I was thinking about Chinese Democracy and I 've come to a realistic conclusion. For those who are hoping for the best rock album of all time you are deceiving yourselves. What you will get will be the best MODERN rock album. But in comparison to other old school bands and their albums it may be able to come in the ranks but it will not outdo them. What Axl is doing here is making the most effective modern rock album which has modern features whilst outdoing all the current stuff, as he could only get on the charts and video hits etc with modern stuff. He knows that with old style stuff he wouldn't get far so even if it is not good as the old stuff his purpose is just to get as famous as possible and get as big as they can.

They already made the best rock album of all time: Appetite for Destruction.

Now they are going to make one better: Chinese Democracy.

It's 15 years too late to second guess my own faith in Axl now; for better or for worse.

Charts don't matter. That's someone else's benchmark. And too often what's popular runs at right angles to what I'm listening to at the moment anyway.

I really don't give a shit if it sells or not. Axl puts his heart and soul into what he does, and that always translates into something I want to listen to.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

He is right that it will be nothing like AFD though. That was a one-shot deal and nothing similar ever really happened again. If Chinese Democracy was going to sound like AFD, Slash and Duff would still be in Guns N' Roses.

Metallica tried to make moderns stuff (load and re-load). This didn't work so they returned to "old school", with succes.

Maybe your statement is vaild for pop music. For rock and heavy metal this certainly isn't true.

mr.Q

It doesn't matter, people will still want to hear it, like NIN. They had (well, Trent had) a sabbatical, came back and had a high selling album. That was 5 years. Axl's been gone for about 10 (bar EoD), so it will sell like Hotcakes. Perhaps even the best seller ever methinks.

yeah...Axl's new material will be so futuristic that an ordinary guy like you and me...could not understand the mellody :lol:

like SilkWorms if you remeber...I could not stand this song for many many years...and today I can easly listen to it again and again ;)

I was thinking about Chinese Democracy and I 've come to a realistic conclusion. For those who are hoping for the best rock album of all time you are deceiving yourselves. What you will get will be the best MODERN rock album.

OK miss Kleo....

Edited by Funral

I hope there will be both modern rock songs and hard rock songs like on AFD. I don't think Axl will release an album with just one style of rock. He could even write some heavy metal songs who knows...

Personally I can't wait to hear the epic "big guns" songs. rock3

i disagree. i think he set out to make "the greatest rock record ever," and that it will be.

afterall, why would that be such a hard task anyway? people break new ground every day.

yeah...Axl's new material will be so futuristic that an ordinary guy like you and me...could not understand the mellody :lol:

like SilkWorms if you remeber...I could not stand this song for many many years...and today I can easly listen to it again and again ;)

Do you realize your sig is a swaztika

so you actually belive the reason Axl is making it more modern is to get on the charts????

Well that is bullshit. As he said before. He is making this album for himself. And he always wanted GNR to evolv with time. He is a big Queen fan and once said that he was excitet about the new queen ablum. Altough he was most likly to hate half of it. But he thanked queen for making him listn to it and discover it.

So I think that's the mentality that is left. He want the band to be a dynamic band instead of a static that It would be if slash and duff had run the show.

But we are not getting a old school rock album. People who think that might be a little naive.

so WHy does "he is making it for himself" mean that axl is not doing a modern rock album?

Chinese Democracy will be a mix of old hard pure rocknroll(IRS) and some more modern new age shit....not one or the other

i must say that I firmly believe there is no chance in HELL of having an "old-school rocknroll album"....at least not all of it...maybe half of it

Chinese Democracy will be a mix of old hard pure rocknroll(IRS) and some more modern new age shit....not one or the other

Someone who has heard it (Brian May, Stinson, I forget) said something like it was a mix of things, including rockers and epics, which is more of a thing of the past, not something new and modern.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl