Is Axl's voice still awesome?

sebumlee2002

hi! First time writing from a long time user.

When i heard axl sing from 2002 live, I get to learn his voice is not as good as he used to.

I don't know how. but on some level , i found his voice is getting weak.

I love when his pitch high shouting gets really powerful and really dirty.

But i can't find it from the recent 2002 performance.

it is only me to think this way?

PS- I think axl's voice was best aroung year 1992

00942439_2.jpg

When i heard axl sing from 2002 live, I get to learn his voice is not as good as he used to.

00942439_2.jpg

I'm sure it's great.

Is that you?

00942439_2.jpg

I'm sure it's great.

Is that you?

He got great voice when he's singing the easy and slow songs like November Rain, The Blues, Madagascar, Patience and more but when he's singing something like Paradise City it aint close to be as powerful like it used to be.

P.S. you asked him if it was him on the picture... he is an male and that's an girl on the pic.

00942439_2.jpg

I'm sure it's great.

Is that you?

P.S. you asked him if it was him on the picture... he is an male and that's an girl on the pic.

A lady boy? :rofl-lol:

Welcome to the forum :)

Axl has seemed to lost the rasp in his voice and his singer has become a lot clearer. I don't think its quite true it has become weaker in general though- listen to IRS and he sounds excellent in it.

The way I see it is.

During the UYI days Axl sounded awesome and but there was time he sounded just ok, still good. and that is the same as the 2002 concerts. During some of the 2002 concerts he sounded awesome but there were time his voice was weak. so yes he still has an awesome voice, that is my opinion. I guess it was because he didn't tour for so long, his voice was a little rusty.

Edited by Axl-rocks

In the late 80's/90's axl's voice was really unique which made guns n roses so unique, along with great songs and great musicians, but i saw the new guns n roses twice in 2002 and axl's voice has lost it's unique way, he can still sing the songs and he sings the easier songs to sing like patience pretty well, he actually sounded quite cool at leeds 2002 when i see them there, for me the best show of the tour, november rain he sang really well, but he'll never get near the old axl rose as for me his voice was all about the raw raspy edge it had to it...

...He's not finished by a long shot, just not as good.

Is that a recent photo of Axl? He's taken the Chinese Democracy thing too far :huh:

:P

His voice from 2001 to 2002 was flat-out atrocious. I can't even stand listening to any of the bootlegs I have anymore because it's so sad to hear him struggling the way he was in those shows. He had absolutely no power or strength behind it; he sounded like a wailing animal, with the exception of the Blues and Madagascar. That being said though does NOT mean that he can't get some of his voice back for the next tour/record, however many decades down the road that may be. He won't ever sound like he did during the Illusion tour (cigarettes, raspy voice), but he may work on his voice being what it was around 86 or 87. The reason why I think he can get some of it back is because of a friend of his known as Vince Neil. During the late 1990s, Vince's voice was horrendous and he was always out of breath. Now, in 2005/06, he sounds a lot better after getting in shape and going on tour. Because of this, I still have hope for Axl.

Axl quit smoking so he lost alot of his signature sound. listen to old stevie nicks and new stevie nicks. her rasp is kinda gone too. Axl wasn't in the greatest of shape either. i remember reading on here he is back to his similar shape (in recent photos he looks much leaner)

Listen to the 15 second long high pitched scream at the end of IRS . . . . Axl still has an amazing voice.

Remember,..

He recorded that in a studio. Anyone can sound like a singer with voice synthesizers..

The 2002 tour was depressing -- but proof, that Rose just doesn't have a voice in him anymore.

Watch this..

http://www.youtube.com/w/Guns-N%27-Roses-N...%20n%27%20roses

Now, watch anything from 2002..

-Kickingthehabit

Listen to the 15 second long high pitched scream at the end of IRS . . . . Axl still has an amazing voice.

Remember,..

He recorded that in a studio. Anyone can sound like a singer with voice synthesizers..

The 2002 tour was depressing -- but proof, that Rose just doesn't have a voice in him anymore.

Watch this..

-Kickingthehabit

Exactly. His voice is fuckin awesome at that chicago show. Its one of favourites performances.

His voice hasnt gotten the "work outs" it used from his constant performin in early 90s. So it has probably gotten weaker because of it.

I think his stoppin smokin had a lot to do with it too. He used to smoke a fair old lot and his voice has gradually gotten clearer. At RIR3 you can hear glimpses but live, his voice will never be what it was.

Grimo.

Remember,..

Watch this..

-Kickingthehabit

that video is fuckin awesome,it displays what guns were all about, (mean dont give a fuck rockers)

the vocals are top notch

how anyone here can even compare the new band to that is a disgrace they aren't in the same leaugue,(axl what have you done?)

i think the only way to put it is ,if anyone thinks the new band is better than the old is looking threw ROSE tinted glasses

Edited by lawrence

Remember,..

Watch this..

-Kickingthehabit

that video is fuckin awesome,it displays what guns were all about, (mean dont give a fuck rockers)

the vocals are top notch

how anyone here can even compare the new band to that is a disgrace they aren't in the same leaugue,(axl what have you done?)

i think the only way to put it is ,if anyone thinks the new band is better than the old is looking threw ROSE tinted glasses

nothing can be better than the original that's for sure.

But I like the new band aswell, I think they are great.

Hes voice doesn´t fit some of the old songs as it used to do.. Like P-city. Out to get me sounded mostly great under the 2002-tour, and so did WTTJ rock3 I like the Toronto show. On that show he make a great performance with his "new"(Knocking on heavens door & The blues), but also with his "old"(WTTJ & NT) voice!

I would say his capable of much more these days(2002) then "before" (u know what I mean), but his performance has come into more unequal states at the shows..

His better. But more uneven..

Edited by shootingstar