Slash Feels Sorry For Axl Rose

Slash n' Burn

I think Slash is trying to help coax Axl into releasing the record. He will leave the bashing up to Izzy/Matt and Duff, since all those guys have critized the musical direction the record is going.

They will likely comment and also put in their fair share of criticism when Axl releases the new Guns N' Roses record. Axl is far from in the clear when it comes to pleasing the ex-band.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on.

slash changes his tune regarding Axl to fit HIS story/interview for that particular time/interview

it's slash's way of PRing himself.

and maybe slash is sincere.....at times....he only knows...not us.

but by his track record, i'd say he's just playing the PR game.

Ok...if that's the case, why would he be defending Axl Rose (an unpopular at best figure in the rock world) to a fellow musician? Wouldn't it be more logical for him to bitch out Axl to this drummer and then say positive stuff about Axl to an interviewer? If he really is running a PR game that is...you mean to tell me he's carefully orchestrated what he's going to say about Axl at a bar over a few drinks with the drummer of the strokes? I'm not being condescending here but don't you think that sounds a bit like a storyline from the twilight zone or the x-files? It really is not a conspiracy here. The guy just doesn't give a fuck anymore about the drama behind guns n roses, to him it's all water under the bridge. It's been 10 years.

Like Aussie Axl said, perhaps you should stop looking for things that aren't there. The truth isn't a complicated thing, its staring u right in the face. You said it yourself. "Maybe Slash is sincere"....yes maybe he is. Why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

funny how YOU all can only see when slash is positive towards Axl yet fail to see when he's NOT sincere.

let's see.....he and duff pretty much say Axl STOLE royalites from him when it was a clerical error that Axl never even knew about

slash and duff sue over back catalogue..claim they are over gnr and have moved on yet still talk as if they are NOT over gnr and go to a VR show and you will see how they still are thinking of and wishing VR was gnr.

these are just some that come to mind.

I do believe Madison listed once or mentioned some things Slash has said that will display how Slash changes his tune. If it wasn't Madison...I know someone listed things..maybe here or on HTGTH how Slash vacilates back and forth like a pendulum when it comes to Axl.

the ONLY time Slash was sincere is when he says or comments on Axl as a frontman/performer. We all know he can't lie about that.

and you think Axl Rose is unpopular?

well, funny how he went to a Korn party and it's all over the web. People know about Axl Rose. I'd hardly say he was unpopular.

Unless you are saying unpopular because he hasn't released CD yet to satifsy you.

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

unpopular in the sense most people don't remember him fondly. He's frequently dissed by his peers and those in the music business. He's respected and talented, but not well liked clearly.

Slash changes his mind because that's what happens when you fall out with someone, your emotions and opinions are all over the place. One minute you like them, the next minute you hate them. Haven't you ever been in a bad relationship? Don't you remember the good and the bad? He's just ambivalent and people are blowing that out of proportion which is ridiculous.

Axl has a history of trying to cut people out of their fair share which is why Slash and Duff cautiously guard their share. If you forgot, Axl gave his own friend Izzy an ultimatum and made him forego his royalties in the band with one small payout. That JALP whichever way you want to spin it, was pretty messed up. Axl has his own agenda, and now that the band members have separated they are protective over their contributions.

Don't mix emotions/loyalties with business, they don't go together. Slash loves Axl like a brother, but money is money. Just like even though Axl considered the old band his family, it didnt' stop him from usurping the band's name for himself.

If Slash is being genuine towards Axl then good on him, not everything Slash does is wrong nor Axl correct but he seems to have reconsiled the past and thats good for him.My change from the usual fuck Slash attitude is down to the fact that he run Axl down a lot, i loved Slash as much as the next guy but remember guys he's just a man.Slash has good to say you run him down, he says bad things you run him down, not as black and white as you try to make it but at least he's at peace with his part in the whole fued and thats got to be good for him as an indevidual.You cant forget somebody who to all intencent purposes was your brother_Axl may think he has but he still thinks of Slash he just aint over what he sees as a slight on him.Not saying either is correct, we will never know but jesus give him a break and try to see the bigger picture.

unpopular in the sense most people don't remember him fondly. He's frequently dissed by his peers and those in the music business. He's respected and talented, but not well liked clearly.

Slash changes his mind because that's what happens when you fall out with someone, your emotions and opinions are all over the place. One minute you like them, the next minute you hate them. Haven't you ever been in a bad relationship? Don't you remember the good and the bad? He's just ambivalent and people are blowing that out of proportion which is ridiculous.

Axl has a history of trying to cut people out of their fair share which is why Slash and Duff cautiously guard their share. If you forgot, Axl gave his own friend Izzy an ultimatum and made him forego his royalties in the band with one small payout. That JALP whichever way you want to spin it, was pretty messed up. Axl has his own agenda, and now that the band members have separated they are protective over their contributions.

Don't mix emotions/loyalties with business, they don't go together. Slash loves Axl like a brother, but money is money. Just like even though Axl considered the old band his family, it didnt' stop him from usurping the band's name for himself.

Well, Slash and Duff LEFT Axl and QUIT on him.

I think too that Axl saw that GNR was going nowhere so he had to take charge and claim the name...I don't believe he did it to be mean...he saved it and protected it. Axl has always stood by that he loved GNR because it was his fav band and he loved being a part of it. He had to do something. Izzy, Duff, Slash....were all WASTED back then. I mean, what would you have done if you were Axl? Just let it die or do something to make sure GNR wasn't destroyed?

I will stand behind that ALL members of GNR....original members....were the cause for GNR's demise....but I will NOT just blame Axl. I guess it's easy to blame him though because he rarely speaks up about it so it's easy to say, well, Axl is at fault.

I am a business owner. I have had someone try and fuck me over and I took FULL control and have developed my business 8 years later into a successful enterprise. So I can see in that respect how if you really love something, you will do whatever it takes to preserve it....hence why Axl had to have sole name rights.

But in answer to your question of loyalty/betrayal...if someone fucks me over whether it be business or friendship...I just don't talk to them or about them. I have no problem 86ing someone to the curb.

And how is Axl dissed by his peers? I did a thread on here called Positive Axl Comments and more people praised him then dissed him....not posters on here...I mean other musicians/producers, etc.

I think too that Axl saw that GNR was going nowhere so he had to take charge and claim the name...I don't believe he did it to be mean...he saved it and protected it. Axl has always stood by that he loved GNR because it was his fav band and he loved being a part of it. He had to do something. Izzy, Duff, Slash....were all WASTED back then. I mean, what would you have done if you were Axl? Just let it die or do something to make sure GNR wasn't destroyed?

I will stand behind that ALL members of GNR....original members....were the cause for GNR's demise....but I will NOT just blame Axl. I guess it's easy to blame him though because he rarely speaks up about it so it's easy to say, well, Axl is at fault.

I am a business owner. I have had someone try and fuck me over and I took FULL control and have developed my business 8 years later into a successful enterprise. So I can see in that respect how if you really love something, you will do whatever it takes to preserve it....hence why Axl had to have sole name rights.

But in answer to your question of loyalty/betrayal...if someone fucks me over whether it be business or friendship...I just don't talk to them or about them. I have no problem 86ing someone to the curb.

And how is Axl dissed by his peers? I did a thread on here called Positive Axl Comments and more people praised him then dissed him....not posters on here...I mean other musicians/producers, etc.

GnR going nowhere? other than Nirvana they were the biggest band on the planet!

Axls opinion of how he was slighted by ex members is exactly that, his interpretation of events.

Axl is still my idol but not blameless in the GnR fued just as ex members are not blameless.

Axl reclaimed the name to protect the name of GnR, protect it from what.I could understand if he would interact with fans on some level but by keeping the name and ousting fans from knowing at least the odd update he is damaging the name more than by leaving it in others hands.You yourself were in a similar position but you did something to make that work, what has Axl done to make it work( yet)

GnR going nowhere? other than Nirvana they were the biggest band on the planet!

Axls opinion of how he was slighted by ex members is exactly that, his interpretation of events.

Axl is still my idol but not blameless in the GnR fued just as ex members are not blameless.

Axl reclaimed the name to protect the name of GnR, protect it from what.I could understand if he would interact with fans on some level but by keeping the name and ousting fans from knowing at least the odd update he is damaging the name more than by leaving it in others hands.You yourself were in a similar position but you did something to make that work, what has Axl done to make it work( yet)

well, i am not a rockstar :P

GNR going nowhere I meant that ex members were on substances and yes, I know Axl showed up late or not at all.

GOAB, i am glad you can put the blame on all 5 members instead of just blaming Axl. None of us were there to walk in their shoes to see exactly what happened so it's gonna be a lot of he said she said shit..and the truth lies with those 5 dudes.

I was only fucked over...well almost fucked over..by one person. I then got my lawyer involved and I won.

:xmasssanta:

thats because it was a positive axl thread? :shocked: try and do a negative axl thread on a gunsNroses message board, it's pretty sad what you would get back. ask anyone on the street about gunsNroses and most say yeah there cool but that axl rose is a dick, i started on this message board a axl rose fan nearly 2 years ago, the more you learn the more you change, i see it all the time with new posters coming throw,

Edited by aussie_axl

thats because it was a positive axl thread? :shocked: try and do a negative axl thread on a gunsNroses message board, it's pretty sad what you would get back. ask anyone on the street about gunsNroses and most say yeah there cool but that axl rose is a dick, i started on this message board a axl rose fan nearly 2 years ago, the more you learn the more you change, i see it all the time with new posters coming throw,

ask people on the street? those people don't know Axl so how can they say the truth about him?

What would it take to make Axl less of a dick in people's eyes? To interact more with his fanbase? Give updates?

Axl stays silent for a reason. He even said in the 2002 radio interview that he doesn't go around promoting himself unless he has a finished product to go along with it.

To get back on topic....Slash is wishy washy. There are times he says nice things about Axl and times he has dissed him. Just go and watch Behind the Music

edit to say damn aussie axl..you fucked up the quote thing AGAIN :rofl-lol:

I posted the new pictures of Axl on an AC/DC board and most of the comments were the same, "GN'R were great, but Axl was a dick", "Axl looks like an asshole in those pictures, always did" etc.

Not saying it's true (I think it's crap), but thats just the general public's opinion.

ask people on the street? those people don't know Axl so how can they say the truth about him?

What would it take to make Axl less of a dick in people's eyes? To interact more with his fanbase? Give updates?

Axl stays silent for a reason. He even said in the 2002 radio interview that he doesn't go around promoting himself unless he has a finished product to go along with it.

To get back on topic....Slash is wishy washy. There are times he says nice things about Axl and times he has dissed him. Just go and watch Behind the Music

edit to say damn aussie axl..you fucked up the quote thing AGAIN :rofl-lol:

so the 5 people that know axl on a personal leavel know the truth right?, you would think axl rose would care if 50% of guns fan base thought the lead singer was a dick, 10 years is a long time, no shows, lies and silence and so on, wonder why alot of people think he's full of shit? they just don't know the real axl like you right?.

emotions change. like anything is set in stone, come on be realistic here.

my feelings about my mates change, lifes too short to never forgive.

oh and sorry about the quote thing :xmasssanta:

Edited by aussie_axl

Something is happening in GNR land.

Why. Becouse slash has suddenly become this overfriendly pal to Axl.....He is all like "no hard feelings and I wish him the best" just so the media will go. Isn't that nice. He has moved on and is really mature about it. When he really isn't Sueing his as back to the stone age is saying something ells. Isn't it???

And when Axl comes back and says that the old band members was a thing in the past and they drifted apart and some bridges are burned. Then he suddenly becomes the bad guy that is imature and hasn't moved on.

And why do this. Well it's all publicity and ratings (well not actually since it's not tv...but still)People will think more of slash becouse of the lies he tells. And thinks that Axl is the bad guy becouse he speaks the truth...

Guess it has always been that way.

:book: That is the truth for yah all

Ok...if that's the case, why would he be defending Axl Rose (an unpopular at best figure in the rock world) to a fellow musician?

Well it could be because it makes him look better, because it clearly does.

R.

Makes him look better to whom?

I have never heard an unkind word spoken about Slash except by people on GnR fan forums who are blinded by their admiration for Axl. Clearly Slash has nothing to prove when it comes to his talents and his ability to work with just about anyone in the music industry, whether he speaks kindly of Axl or bashes him. Do you think BB King gives a fuck if Slash bashes Axl? The organizers of the Jimi Hendrix tribute? The guy from the Strokes? Saying nice things about Axl doesn't make him look better or worse to anyone in the real world. It's just the Axl fans who think that's his only motive.

Ok...if that's the case, why would he be defending Axl Rose (an unpopular at best figure in the rock world) to a fellow musician?

Well it could be because it makes him look better, because it clearly does.

R.

Makes him look better to whom?

Gn'R fans. Axlites, Slashites etc. As you can see earlier on in this thread "Slash must be such a nice guy, he's saying nice things about Axl" - mid lawsuit :rolleyes:

R.