hyped about recent news

lawrence

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss an intervention?

:laugh::laugh:

Actually, I can verify that Lawrence admitted to me a long long time ago that he "believed" in the band and that Axl would return. So, this isn't a new revelation on his part. He likes to push people's buttons on the forum

you read me like a book love :book::lol:

as for xestrangedx's comments' he just wanted to rub my nose in it wen cd came out' sorry mate' you didn't honestly think i was gonna let you do that :rofl-lol: or did you :shocked:

Edited by lawrence

:laugh:

lawrence my man, I knew you believed. The whole album does not exist thing, was the way in which you channeled your emotion. It's cool that you believe but at least you get to eat... humble pie <_<

I wouldn't be surprised if you did the same thing to avoid eating your hat ;)

in a couple of months the news will dry up though so be prepared. and funilly i havent seen kaneda posting since the article has been released.

He's been requested not to post in this section anymore. Consequently he left I think.

:laugh:

lawrence my man, I knew you believed. The whole album does not exist thing, was the way in which you channeled your emotion. It's cool that you believe but at least you get to eat... humble pie <_<

I wouldn't be surprised if you did the same thing to avoid eating your hat ;)

No way. I'm a man of my word. :anger:

All this nice sentiment is enough to make someone puke. It's nice you decided to piss everyone off and then go public with your huge revelation, but I'm sure it'll change soon if Axl goes a year without saying anything. I just don't see how someone believes it all along, but has to vent on how it can't exist. And people thought Axl had attitude problems :rolleyes:

Well, I'll be waiting for the next time you say it doesn't exist, just so you can vent on the rest of us... :sleeper:

Respect to the Lawrence for once again standing up for himself and what he beleives in.

I can relate with your frustration in the past, but that's understandable in light of all the disappointments in the past. It's also understandable in light of the fact you may not always feel like having to make a bulletproof argument just to get your point across. And then arguing with people who probably would agree with you if they read what you posted, but would rather argue their opinions as having more merit by discrediting someone else. Just remember: criticism is a losers excuse for a winning attitudte. Lawrence is a winner, a believer, and a fan we're all glad to know and talk with.

You did come out and tell the truth about how you really feel. You've got balls of steel to do that on a board like this, announcement or no annoucement. And it just proves once again, like I said before, you are an individual with integrity.

in a couple of months the news will dry up though so be prepared. and funilly i havent seen kaneda posting since the article has been released.

He's been requested not to post in this section anymore. Consequently he left I think.

I'm hoping for a reunion of Kaneda with the forum.

Respect to the Lawrence for once again standing up for himself and what he beleives in.

I can relate with your frustration in the past, but that's understandable in light of all the disappointments in the past. It's also understandable in light of the fact you may not always feel like having to make a bulletproof argument just to get your point across. And then arguing with people who probably would agree with you if they read what you posted, but would rather argue their opinions as having more merit by discrediting someone else. Just remember: criticism is a losers excuse for a winning attitudte. Lawrence is a winner, a believer, and a fan we're all glad to know and talk with.

You did come out and tell the truth about how you really feel. You've got balls of steel to do that on a board like this, announcement or no annoucement. And it just proves once again, like I said before, you are an individual with integrity.

what a nice post' thanks rage---btw zeppelin' your on ignore

Edited by lawrence

well i just wanna say how hyped up & happy i am about axls return'this time i think its for real' ive been very angry in the past with all these false rumours & release dates'so i'm coming clean,ive always beleived axl's had material' but never thought we'd see it' but it looks like we're going to,i'm hoping he'll come to the uk' cos i'm hoping to meet up with some forum members at a gig & party'the album does not exist has always been a chirade' ive never really stopped beleiving'but now it looks like we'll finally get to hear some mucic from axl i cant post my true thoughts'i'm known on a few forums as a nugnr hater but this isn't the case' but i'll admit i aint keen on fink ' so i wouldn't concider this as eating humble pie as some members here would like me to, ive told two members ages ago i'm a believer' one is GOAB the other is madison'they have kept this private' they can clarify this'

anyway

flame away'

5000+ posts here and you mention 'other forums'. Note how forums is plural. No wonder you don't have a grasp for the english language... no time for school when your bum is glued to your computer chair.

(He said to flame away.)

Well I don't really see how saying one thing while at the same time believing another is a sign of integrity. There are posters here who take their lumps just as well as lawrence, but they are straight shooters from the get-go. I've got more respect for Kaneda, agree or disagree with him (and I've often disagreed), there's no bullshit there.

So this was all a charade and a big secret among three people? I'm sure the world is in complete shock that lawrence actually was a believer all along. :rolleyes: I'm scratching my head as to why go to all the trouble for something so inconsequential.

lawrence, now when you say something why should we believe you? You've proven that you can lie to the board for years at a time without batting an eye. I think it's a fair question.

And now, for some reason, almost everyone's patting you on the back. :huh:

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, I dunno, though at the same time it ain't like I really care. :lol:

Financially this company is in big trouble.

It just sounds to me like they're trying to fight a losing battle.

Guns N' Roses cannot save them.

I agree, there just shifting the debt around and collecting more interest on the debts, from what i understand that is.

the way i see it' ive given you all someone to kick to ease your frustrations'its obvious to everyone' if we didn't like axl we wouldn't be here' i'm sorry you feel i'm a liar, but ive hated the way axls treated us over the years' this new ray of light he's given us is his last chance, he's gone public now, if he fails this time its curtains for him, you are entitled to your opinion of me, i accept that.i like a man who speaks his mind :)

I agree, there just shifting the debt around and collecting more interest on the debts, from what i understand that is.

the way i see it' ive given you all someone to kick to ease your frustrations'its obvious to everyone' if we didn't like axl we wouldn't be here' i'm sorry you feel i'm a liar, but ive hated the way axls treated us over the years' this new ray of light he's given us is his last chance, he's gone public now, if he fails this time its curtains for him, you are entitled to your opinion of me, i accept that.i like a man who speaks his mind :)

I'm assuming this was meant for me.

Well, I'm still a bit puzzled by all of this but I'll give you credit for being a stand up guy most of the time and your posts, while I often disagree with them, are pretty entertaining. I don't usually hold a grudge, and despite my post I've never really had a big problem with you...you just sorta got under my skin a bit, but it was nothing major.

No hard feelings. We've often disagreed but got along okay and I don't see that changing. Maybe I'll trust you a bit less, but trust on the Internet to begin with is tenuous at best.

Water under the bridge...I've said my piece and now it's time to move on.

If anything Axl has been consistent about in his years as a rock n roll icon, it's his unpredictability. This news while good is to be taken lightly knowing what we know about Axl. Things can change tomorrow. He's not exactly what I'd call a stable guy. That being said, if he actually follows through with what he said and takes some responsibility, 2006 could be a great year for all of us...

Don't hold your breath though..... ;)

I'm assuming this was meant for me.

Well, I'm still a bit puzzled by all of this but I'll give you credit for being a stand up guy most of the time and your posts, while I often disagree with them, are pretty entertaining. I don't usually hold a grudge, and despite my post I've never really had a big problem with you...you just sorta got under my skin a bit, but it was nothing major.

No hard feelings. We've often disagreed but got along okay and I don't see that changing. Maybe I'll trust you a bit less, but trust on the Internet to begin with is tenuous at best.

Water under the bridge...I've said my piece and now it's time to move on.

rock3

If anything Axl has been consistent about in his years as a rock n roll icon, it's his unpredictability. This news while good is to be taken lightly knowing what we know about Axl. Things can change tomorrow. He's not exactly what I'd call a stable guy. That being said, if he actually follows through with what he said and takes some responsibility, 2006 could be a great year for all of us...

Don't hold your breath though..... ;)

I totally agree. We've heard promising statements from him in the past and nothing has happened. The recent comments in Rollingstone are welcome but i'm not going to be betting my house on seeing the album untill I get something more concrete.

Lawrence is a good guy, he knows that you don't have to be a starstruck butt kisser to be a GN'R fan. Some of us can see Axl's flaws and still admire him.

what a nice post' thanks rage---btw zeppelin' your on ignore

Oh no, not ignore. A whole thread devoted to how some guy has faith in Axl again and everyone giving him credit, because it may give other people inspiration. Please. Yeah, man, you're a real winner. "Hey everyone, I just changed my mind! Yay!" Cripes. You know, I would've believed you if you didn't say the album failed to exist dozens upon dozens of times. Then, it would actually seem sincere. Instead, it looks like the classic bandwagon hopping because nothing negative has happened lately. Sorry to spoil the party with all the nice hugs and kisses, but this is retarded. Whether you're frustrated at Axl or not, you shouldn't have to disguise your support with negativity, because that's not even a true attitude. It's fake.

Congrats though, people automatically trust you after one paragraph of brimming positivity. I don't. I've supported Axl all the way, and he pisses me off. But you don't see me saying the album can't exist after all this time. Well, if you can get support from other fans this way, go for it. I don't buy it.