axl04

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well! right person!

i am afraid it's a rather biast view:

The smiths- i know it's over, asleep, last night i dreamt somebody loved me

morrissey there is a place in hell, why don't you find out for yourself, come back to camden

the jam that's entertainment

radiohead no surprises

So you want to become MORE miserable?

Ya, I really don't like to listen to happy songs, when I'm feeling blue

Yeah i know what you mean. Its strange cos youd think when your sad youd want to hear happy songs...but you dont.

Well, for me, when I'm sad, I hate listening to happy love songs and stuff like that. It brings up anger.

But if I put on a sad song, I think "These guys know what it's really like"

So you want to become MORE miserable?

Ya, I really don't like to listen to happy songs, when I'm feeling blue

Yeah i know what you mean. Its strange cos youd think when your sad youd want to hear happy songs...but you dont.

Well, for me, when I'm sad, I hate listening to happy love songs and stuff like that. It brings up anger.

But if I put on a sad song, I think "These guys know what it's really like"

You guys are both exactly right on the mark

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

If you want something to fit your mood AND make you feel better, listen to the blues. I'm in love with someone and it can't really happen right now, and I had been listening to The Smiths alot, but when I started listening to the blues again, I started feeling much better.

I usually listen to How To Disappear Completely by Radiohead when I'm feelin' a bit down. Thom's vocals are so beuitiful that it actually gives me a real lift, though.

If you're after something to slit your wrists to, may I suggest Nutshell or Down In A Hole by AiC.

Down in A Hole is one of the best songs when your down

And hmm...

estranged and don't cry obviously

Also....mabye not for a guy, but Nobody's Home by......aviril lavigne :ph34r: , It's really a good (depressing)song though

I know i've heard more but I can't think right now.

Pennyroyal Tea - Nirvana

That song always gets to me.

Elton John has some sad songs as well, but I can't remember the names. He did a song about John Lennon, I think it was called "Garden". He sang "heh heh Johnny, won't you come out to play!"

What the hell is the name of that song?

Ok, normally when im sad, i listen to something really heavy, but that mightent work for you. So I suppose, these are what i consider great sad songs:

Hurt- Johnny Cash,

Made In Heaven- Queen,

Tears In Heaven- Eric Clapton,

While My Guitar Gently Weeps- Beatles...

I usually listen to How To Disappear Completely by Radiohead when I'm feelin' a bit down. Thom's vocals are so beuitiful that it actually gives me a real lift, though.

Beat me to it. Tis a bootyful song indeedizzley.

If you really want a sad song, try downloading the live version of 'Like Spinning Plates' also by Radiohead. If you can't get that, the studio version will do, but it looses some of its beauty. But seriously, if you want a sad song and take anything away from this thread, I'd honestly recomend HTDC and LSP.

Or 'Fake Plastic Trees' by radiohead. Isn't a particually sad song, but can amplify sadness if feeling blue. It's a beautiful song nethertheless.

Edited by Paranoid Android