Fire Getting Closer To Homes In Malibu

madison

Madison, I found a more detailed article, bad news unfortunately....

MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - Firefighters contained a blaze in the hills above Malibu and were gaining on two others Thursday that had blackened more than 8,800 acres of rugged Southern California brush land.

The Malibu wildfire only reached 37 acres, but it burned intensely in an area where fires destroyed hundreds of homes in 1993 and 1996, officials said.

"It was a stubborn fire, but we fought it aggressively," said Los Angeles County fire Inspector John Mancha. John went on to say, "Once we ran out of water, the only option was to literally smother the fire. This, of course, needed to be done from a higher point than the blaze itself, and requires a massive amount of material. The only answer came from rock legend Axl Rose, who offered his vault of recording tapes, spanning 15 years, for our aid" (seen below)

nhp73C.jpg

Inspector Mancha also stated, "We are delighted with the days events, and thank Mr Rose for his neighborly assistance"

Mancha jokingly celebrates the end of a long day. (seen below)

toomuchtape.jpg

Seriously though, glad everyone is ok.

Edited by axlskAmpf

Ohhh madison you moved your head just in time. <_<

The fire will be put out before it destroys many homes. For those who think Axl's CD tapes will be burned because of the fire... Do you really think he leaves them lying in the woods next to his house?

Ohhh madison you moved your head just in time. <_<

The fire will be put out before it destroys many homes. For those who think Axl's CD tapes will be burned because of the fire... Do you really think he leaves them lying in the woods next to his house?

That would explain the lack of leaks(IRS was shitty quality by the time it got on the internet).

Maybe he buried the masters in the woods under his favorite tree :lol:

Madison, I found a more detailed article, bad news unfortunately....
MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - Firefighters contained a blaze in the hills above Malibu and were gaining on two others Thursday that had blackened more than 8,800 acres of rugged Southern California brush land.

The Malibu wildfire only reached 37 acres, but it burned intensely in an area where fires destroyed hundreds of homes in 1993 and 1996, officials said.

"It was a stubborn fire, but we fought it aggressively," said Los Angeles County fire Inspector John Mancha. John went on to say, "Once we ran out of water, the only option was to literally smother the fire. This, of course, needed to be done from a higher point than the blaze itself, and requires a massive amount of material. The only answer came from rock legend Axl Rose, who offered his vault of recording tapes, spanning 15 years, for our aid" (seen below)

nhp73C.jpg

Inspector Mancha also stated, "We are delighted with the days events, and thank Mr Rose for his neighborly assistance"

Mancha jokingly celebrates the end of a long day. (seen below)

toomuchtape.jpg

Seriously though, glad everyone is ok.

lol.

Good one. :lol:

thanks for posting this "news"
Not once in that article did it mention the words "Axl Rose", "Guns N' Roses" or "Chinese Democracy". The only connection to Axl is that he has a house in Malibu!!

Buisness must be slow around here if your desperate enough to post topics on forrest fires, eh madison... ;)

39 responses and 810 views.

ummm -- explain to me again why you think people aren't interested?

The afternoon news reported that the fires had reached the valley of the area in which Axl lives, however, from the Estranged video we know he lives on top of a mountain so it didn't appear to have affected him. By evening, the news glossed over the fires in that area so it appears there is no need for concern.

Regrettably, the warm weather, which breeds these fires, will continue until the end of the week so more reports may be forthcoming.

I live near the same area and this is the first time I've even heard about the fires. lol. So I really wouldn't be too worried if I were you.