More Slash Interviews Where Slash Talks About CD Release

jane

Guns 'N' Roses new album out next month

13/02/2006 - 18:16:31

Legendary rockers Guns 'N' Roses will release their first album in 13 years next month when the long awaited Chimese Democracy finally hits store shelves.

The LP has been more than a decade in the making after a series of postponements and production problems.

The November Rain hitmakers last released new material in 1993 with their covers album The Spaghetti Incident.

Frontman Axl Rose has promised fans a more "complex" record and hinted at festival appearances this summer.

Guitarist Slash gushes: "I'm really excited. It's been a long time waiting to see what the next step was, but it's coming out in March and sounds great.

"I'm just waiting for the record to come out, so I'm glad we've finally got to the point that that's happening."

The new album contains 13 tracks with titles including Better, There Was A Time and The Blues.

Notting new, just same old storys, re-worded...

Edited by mr.b

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shitstorm.

That's what Slash wanted...

To what end?

Seriously. Because all it does is make him look like an idiot when it turns out he's wrong.

Or do you think it's all to piss off Axl? Just so Slash can then point and say "Oh, he delayed it again, what a fuck up"?

What a shitstorm.

To what end?

Seriously. Because all it does is make him look like an idiot when it turns out he's wrong.

Or do you think it's all to piss off Axl? Just so Slash can then point and say "Oh, he delayed it again, what a fuck up"?

I don't know to what end, but who seriously thinks that it will be released in March ?

What a shitstorm.

To what end?

Maybe to try to put pressure on axl to reunite, cuz in the public's eye it looks like Axl can't get his shit together without Slash, Duff and Matt. "We released Contraband but Axl cant release CD, if he got back with us we could get the motherfucker done and out" kinda thing???? I'm just speculating of course

What a shitstorm.

To what end?

I don't know to what end, but who seriously thinks that it will be released in March ?

Do you really believe that Slash would damage his own reputation just to make Axl look bad?? I highly doubt it.

who really thinks Slash knows anything about this?

any takers?

click

just because his picture is beside a guns article, people belive his $hit.

He may know, as he and Axl still probably have many of the same friends who are in the business. Someone who Slash knows and trusts gave him the info. I doubt he just got up one morning and decided to say that CD was coming out at a specific time. But if it was supposed to come out in March that clearly won't happen now.

@agoraphobic: Clearly to some people on this board, that is clearly Slash's mission in life, lol.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Do you really believe that Slash would damage his own reputation just to make Axl look bad?? I highly doubt it.

Cmon now, you know that Slash's only goal in life since birth is to make Axl look bad. :rofl-lol:

Nah, but it seriously looks like Slash's main goal right now is to reunite GnR for at least a one-off. Of course that's if you are of the mind that thinks Slash/Duff are behind all the reunion rumors

exactly

Really? You think so?

Because I honestly can't understand why anyone would be that fucking juvenile. That's something you'd do in High School. These are grown men. Slash is successfull, has kids, and, generally, should know better. I can't think he'd risk his repuatation and credibility on something this inconsequential (to him) just to bite Axl in the ass. Maybe he would...I mean, I don't know the guy personally, but I'd like to think better of him.

I suspect that Slash really believes what he's saying and is not being disingenious. I also suspect he's wrong. Very wrong. But I guess only time will tell.

Guns N' Roses album 'out next month'

Slash reveals all about 'Chinese Democracy' is finally set to be released in March, according to former guitarist Slash.

The news comes just weeks after reclusive singer Axl Rose revealed that the band's first material in 10 years was nearing completion.

Speaking about the release on Christian O'Connell's Virgin breakfast show, Slash confirmed that the record is done and he said a "very official source" had already heard it.

"I'm really excited, it's been a long time waiting to see what the next step around the corner was going to be for him (Axl), we know where everybody else is, but we were wondering what he was going to be doing. It's coming out in March and apparently it sounds great."

Tracks slated to appear on the 13-track album include 'Better', 'There Was A Time' and 'The Blues'.

Although Axl and Slash have not spoken in the last 10 years, the velvet revolver guitarist said he was pleased that the record is finally going to see the light of day.

He added: "I've always been supportive over that thing, even though it's been turned in to a big controversial blah blah blah thing.

"When I left I was pretty pissed off for having to leave in the first place. After a while all the boo-haha that was stirred and all the negative press, sort of went in his direction, so I'm just waiting for the record to come out, so I'm glad where it's got to the point that that's happening."

Yeah, everyone acts like he went on Oprah and gave an in depth interview about Chinese Democracy.

not Oprah, but

Christian O'Connell's Virgin breakfast show

exactly

Really? You think so?

Because I honestly can't understand why anyone would be that fucking juvenile. That's something you'd do in High School. These are grown men. Slash is successfull, has kids, and, generally, should know better. I can't think he'd risk his repuatation and credibility on something this inconsequential (to him) just to bite Axl in the ass. Maybe he would...I mean, I don't know the guy personally, but I'd like to think better of him.

I suspect that Slash really believes what he's saying and is not being disingenious. I also suspect he's wrong. Very wrong. But I guess only time will tell.

Maybe he knows what it's like to work with Axl and his Perfectionist ways and is trying to "help" the process along. to hear "why he Broke up GnR" as he was quoted saying something like that before.

Who knows really. I think he has some insider with Geffen and obviously feels his source is 100% for sure this time. but i genuinely feel he's using the delay as a reason to reunite. Or maybe in an indirect way to boost sales of the upcoming VR disk.

Edited by Neemo

exactly

Really? You think so?

Exactly. Someone he feels has great credibility gave him the info. And like I said before, even if it was supposed to have come out in March, its been changed I'm sure.

exactly

Really? You think so?

Exactly. Someone he feels has great credibility gave him the info. And like I said before, even if it was supposed to have come out in March, its been changed I'm sure.

BUT WHY WOULD HE..... publically announce someone elses cd ???????

Edited by wink