More Slash Interviews Where Slash Talks About CD Release

jane

Or do you think it's all to piss off Axl? Just so Slash can then point and say "Oh, he delayed it again, what a fuck up"?

exactly

Really? You think so?

Because I honestly can't understand why anyone would be that fucking juvenile. That's something you'd do in High School. These are grown men. Slash is successfull, has kids, and, generally, should know better. I can't think he'd risk his repuatation and credibility on something this inconsequential (to him) just to bite Axl in the ass. Maybe he would...I mean, I don't know the guy personally, but I'd like to think better of him.

I suspect that Slash really believes what he's saying and is not being disingenious. I also suspect he's wrong. Very wrong. But I guess only time will tell.

Exactly. Someone he feels has great credibility gave him the info. And like I said before, even if it was supposed to have come out in March, its been changed I'm sure.

BUT WHY WOULD HE..... publically announce someone elses cd ???????

He is asked about Axl & GNR in literally almost every interview. Its not like he set up a news conferece JUST to talk about CD. Why would he purposely do damage to his OWN reputation just to make Axl look bad? What would be the point in that?

Edited by luvaxl4ever

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl, as a lark, should issue a press release saying that Libertad, by VR, is going to be released on April 1st. And go on to say that, after all these years, he's interested in hearing Slash's idea of a "concept album".

:laugh:

I'd laugh my ass off.

Edited by pilferk

He is asked about Axl & GNR in literally almost every interview. Its not like he set up a news conferece JUST to talk about CD. Why would he purposely do damage to his OWN reputation just to make Axl look bad? What would be the point in that?

Because he wanted to say something intresting in a interview??? Something that mattered? It probably just slipped out...

I don't understand why so many news sources are writing this article as fact without checking any other sources. All these articles are written specifically on hearsay. "Slash heard from somebody so it must be true." I'm surprised that one of these publications hasn't contacted the record company or someone who is actually in GN'R to try and find something out. If that was the case then we would have had an article that either said "Despite rumors of a March release, it's not true," or "This has been confirmed as being true by the record company." I think it shows a definite lack of professionalism among whoever wrote these, especially the ones that give the impression that Slash is still in the band.

I don't understand why so many news sources are writing this article as fact without checking any other sources. All these articles are written specifically on hearsay. "Slash heard from somebody so it must be true." I'm surprised that one of these publications hasn't contacted the record company or someone who is actually in GN'R to try and find something out. If that was the case then we would have had an article that either said "Despite rumors of a March release, it's not true," or "This has been confirmed as being true by the record company." I think it shows a definite lack of professionalism among whoever wrote these, especially the ones that give the impression that Slash is still in the band.

You would think that the journalists would check with the recored company or GNR management. I guess responsible journalism has just been thrown out the window.

You would think that the journalists would check with the recored company or GNR management. I guess responsible journalism has just been thrown out the window.

Journalism has been out the window for years now. Anyways, if Slash really has to announce something like this to put pressure on Axl, then that's just plain sad. Slash should focus on putting his new record out with VR. Yes, he was part of GN'R at one point, but if there is no truth to his statements, which wouldn't really surprise me, then Slash will begin to look pathetic. Trust me, I love Slash, but if he doesn't know about the record, then he shouldn't talk. If for some reason he does know, then that's just messed up altogether.

Axl, as a lark, should issue a press release saying that Libertad, by VR, is going to be released on April 1st. And go on to say that, after all these years, he's interested in hearing Slash's idea of a "concept album".

I'd laugh my ass off.

That is hysterical....I was literally laughing out loud. That'd be so funny. :rofl-lol:

I bet Slash probably heard something from a reputable source in the music biz, but like most CD rumors you never know whats true, whats a rumor, whats legit and whats a maybe. You have to blame these idiot reporters too...like someone else said before, the way this particular article is written it sounds like Slash is still in the band!!! They have Slash saying "and it sounds great". Something tells me he hasn't heard anymore of it then anyone else. This is just a terriblely written and researched article. The RS interivew was the same way...took a lot of Axl quotes and made their own conclusions from them, but made it sound like fact.

No way CD comes out in March....just not enough time.

They have Slash saying "and it sounds great". Something tells me he hasn't heard anymore of it then anyone else. This is just a terriblely written and researched article.

A misquote.

He actually said,

"I'm really excited, it's been a long time waiting to see what the next step around the corner was going to be for him (Axl), we know where everybody else is, but we were wondering what he was going to be doing. It's coming out in March and apparently it sounds great."

I'd laugh my ass off.

That is hysterical....I was literally laughing out loud. That'd be so funny. :rofl-lol:

I bet Slash probably heard something from a reputable source in the music biz, but like most CD rumors you never know whats true, whats a rumor, whats legit and whats a maybe. You have to blame these idiot reporters too...like someone else said before, the way this particular article is written it sounds like Slash is still in the band!!! They have Slash saying "and it sounds great". Something tells me he hasn't heard anymore of it then anyone else. This is just a terriblely written and researched article. The RS interivew was the same way...took a lot of Axl quotes and made their own conclusions from them, but made it sound like fact.

No way CD comes out in March....just not enough time.

VR+ CONCEPT ALBUM=.........OXYMORON

it COULD be called CUNTRABAND......a little bird told me to say that............it had horns

christ!

W is delirious