Do you think chinese democracy is finished?

Axl-rocks

now that Axl has been out and about, I think the album is now finished or very close to it, Axl has been working hard on the album not going out, well not in the spot light anyway and now he is going out being seen, partying and drinking champagne etc.

What do you think?

Edited by Axl-rocks

I think, as someone mentioned in another discussion, that Axl has been advised to heighten his profile in preparation for the album. A deadline for the record to be delivered to the record company may have been set...maybe that's part of the reason he was in NY...but that doesn't mean the album is finished or that the delivery date will be kept.

When we start hearing that he's been giving interviews to magazines with three month lead times we'll know we are one step closer.

Right now his sightings are not in places that would offer the publicity department the chance to gauge fan appeal. Let's see if he makes a special guest appearance at someone else's concert or is sighted at a place where he would be recognized by the common man like a sports event or a record store or something like that. My guess is he's working towards that.

I think, as someone mentioned in another discussion, that Axl has been advised to heighten his profile in preparation for the album. A deadline for the record to be delivered to the record company may have been set...maybe that's part of the reason he was in NY...but that doesn't mean the album is finished or that the delivery date will be kept.

When we start hearing that he's been giving interviews to magazines with three month lead times we'll know we are one step closer.

Right now his sightings are not in places that would offer the publicity department the chance to gauge fan appeal. Let's see if he makes a special guest appearance at someone else's concert or is sighted at a place where he would be recognized by the common man like a sports event or a record store or something like that. My guess is he's working towards that.

Good post. If he keeps the appearances going, we'll likely hear the album this year. I would not be surprised to see him in the coming weeks go on Howard Stern's show, or some other high profile radio program. Other credible options would be shows like Bill Maher's HBO talk show, hosting SNL, MSNBC's Hardball, maybe even a celebrity guest on one of the NFL network programs. If he wants true mainstream success again, he has to make the rounds and reintroduce himself to the public again. If he doesn't, and goes back into his shell, dont expect CD anytime soon.

Good post. If he keeps the appearances going, we'll likely hear the album this year. I would not be surprised to see him in the coming weeks go on Howard Stern's show, or some other high profile radio program. Other credible options would be shows like Bill Maher's HBO talk show, hosting SNL, MSNBC's Hardball, maybe even a celebrity guest on one of the NFL network programs. If he wants true mainstream success again, he has to make the rounds and reintroduce himself to the public again. If he doesn't, and goes back into his shell, dont expect CD anytime soon.

Wow. Are you talking about Axl Rose? Other than possibly Howard Stern I don't think there's a living chance in hell he woud be on one of those shows - by his choice. Bill Maher? Not really. SNL? Ah, he's never had the public personality to do something like act and give a monologue, for god's sake. MSNBC Hardball? What's, he gonna debate Al Qaida and the Iraq situation? There's many other ways he can introduce himself to the public, in ways Axl prefers, which he's already started doing.

Nah.. This album probably won't see the light of day. I used to have hope for it, and even advocated for it's release, but each day the hope grows dimmer.

Go cry about it somewhere else. We don't need pussies saying "each day the hope grows dimmer" on the forum. No offence, but if you hope for something to come to you, giving up hope shows how weak you are.

I agree, 2006 is a good year.

People have said that every year since 1999. If we reach 2010 without CD, you'll say the same thing then.

I didn't know people have said 2006 IS A GOOD YEAR since 1999.

And yes I hope I'll say in 2010: 2006 WAS A GOOD YEAR

mr.Q

Go back and read between the lines of RS interview. 26 of 32 tracks nearly finished and album will have 13.

It is finished, and that is the reason Axl is back on the scene-to reintroduce himself to the old fans and be seen by the new generation.