The Led Zeppelin Thread

Yamisonic

i dont want to be a perfectionist but its acually

aaaaaaahhhhh ah aaaaaaaaahhhhh aah we come from the land of the ice and snow, from the mid-night sun where the hot springs blow.

the hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, to fight the horde, sing-ing and cry-ing

Val-hal la i am com-ing.

the only reason i know this is because my band does this song. rock1 rock1 rock1 rock1 rock1

Women :rolleyes::laugh:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zipgunboogie

i play lead guitar but i sing some to. like the zep songs we do i sing that or if i wrote a song i sing that. but im not th lead singer. i just joined the band. i sang in my last band though.

what about you

Guest zipgunboogie

thats cool tell them their fuckin idiots for not doin them.

we do what is and what should never be, tangerine, immagrant song,black dog

bring it on home. and in my time a dying. thats my fav ones to do since i get to play harmonica on it and sing like a drunk black guy

and i get to play slide on in my time.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
thats cool tell them their fuckin idiots for not doin them.

we do what is and what should never be, tangerine, immagrant song,black dog

bring it on home. and in my time a dying. thats my fav ones to do since i get to play harmonica on it and sing like a drunk black guy

and i get to play slide on in my time.

You mean you get to sing like a marijuana influenced white guy trying to sing like a drunk black guy.

Nice username, too few Bolan fans on here.

And for more on Zeppelin's sometimes questionable mirroring of other artists, check this page out http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/Zep/Originals.html

Doesn't really diminish my respect for them much.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Guest zipgunboogie

yes i stand corrected.

thanks your the first one ever to recognize that name. i love t rex aka Marc Bolan. its a shame he died.

and as for that site. every artist has done that. but im not gonna go into a long speech about zep like i usally do.

Good, yet :sleeper:

To an extent I second that. While they are amazingly talented, they tend to bore me after an hour or so, unlike GnR, VR, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, and the Stones.

Your comparing bon jovi and velvet revolver to led zeppelin? classic

Indeed, classic

That's as maybe, but it is true what Wildrose said. Unless you are very tolerant you can't listen for more than an hour or so without it becoming boring. It's just another quality they have.

Guest zipgunboogie

really. they are a jam band though so i guess if you dont like 11 min songs u could say that. but to say they get boring. no one zep song sounds anything a like. nither does any one album. and plus you get blues, folk, rock, and eastern music all on one album.

oh and i have to say i like them better live than i do the recorded versions. listen to how the west was won. The Ocean is awsome. and i suggest any of you who that like zep and dont have the DVD how the west was one. get it. and also get The song Remains The Same. they both have Jimmy Page Doing his Violin Bow act.

I'm a huge Zeppelin fan. If I had to listen to only 1 song from LZ for the rest of my life, it would be "Out on the tiles". I highly recommend reading "Hammer of the Gods". Great book, particularly the shark story and John Bonham taking a shit in groupies purses. Bonham was a crazy fucker.

Favorite album(hard to pick just one): Houses of the Holy

John Paul Jones was an important part of this band, and he rarely gets mentioned.

I saw Page/Plant once in 1996. Great show!

Guest zipgunboogie
Led zeppelin are anything but boring

to give addvice i would get presence. i think its a bit harder album. but it doesnt have as many recognized songs on it. doesnt mean its not as good. ITTOD has more recognized songs, fool in the rain, All of my love, In The Evening. but to me the whole album isnt as good. Presence has Nobodys Fault but mine, Achilies Last Stand on it. I also Like For Your Life and hots for nowhere on it. its up to you. i compare Presence to Ac/dc

Powerage. its just a solid rockin album but doesnt have to many recognized songs on it.

Better yet get them both. Coda Is all Songs that didnt make it on other albums or other cuts of the songs. it kinda sounds like a demo cd.

i would recomend getting a live cd though. BBC sessions or how the west was one. anymore questions id be glad to help

Guest zipgunboogie

Zep III is the best album :heart:

zep three is probably my 2nd fav. it is awesome though. tangerine, bron ur aur stomp.

i made a mistake so im gonna correct myself. its Bron Y aur Stomp, but its Bron YR Aur on Physical Graffiti II