Merck Requests Tracks Removed

madison

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merck works for Axl, not the fans. So if you want to blame someone, blame Axl.

That doesn't mean that Axl was the one who told Merck to do that...

Not necessarily, but Merck is basically there to serve Axl's interests. And after the leak last year, I'm sure Axl told Merck to make sure it would be squashed if it happened again.

Let me steop into Axl's shoes for a second:

Last night, two decent songs leak and I have internet communities all around sucking my dick dry on how they are "great" and "Groundbreaking" and "round 2!" and "Chinese democracy starts now" and all that bullshit... and he doesn't want people to hear this stuff...

There is no such thing as bad publicity, especially when people are saying nothing but positive stuff about your work.

Axl is a moron.

And to those thrashing me... I have about 15 private messages asking for the songs, and every single person has gotten the links. I'm not afraid of a faceless coward like Merck who has nothing better to do with his life, or his job than pick on internet fans.

Same here...

I agreed with you on this... ;)

Agustin.

no dumbshit, a 13 million dollar record is the reason why santuary will be out of business soon.

If Sanctuary is paying 13 million dollars for this, I feel sorry for them. And its a position Axl has put himself in: A position to FAIL. Its impossible to make any music worthy of that kind of money, or time.

no dumbshit, a 13 million dollar record is the reason why santuary will be out of business soon.

Sanctuary is not GNR's record label, just their management company. They also hold (some) publishing rights to GNR catalog. Geffen is the label that shelled out the supposed 13 million.

Merck works for Axl, not the fans. So if you want to blame someone, blame Axl.

That doesn't mean that Axl was the one who told Merck to do that...

Not necessarily, but Merck is basically there to serve Axl's interests. And after the leak last year, I'm sure Axl told Merck to make sure it would be squashed if it happened again.

That could be the case...but I don't think that Axl probally told him right then and there, to squash it if it happens again. Although I'm sure Axl probally knew that this day was going to come...

Last night, two decent songs leak and I have internet communities all around sucking my dick dry on how they are "great" and "Groundbreaking" and "round 2!" and "Chinese democracy starts now" and all that bullshit... and he doesn't want people to hear this stuff...

There is no such thing as bad publicity, especially when people are saying nothing but positive stuff about your work.

Axl is a moron.

axl doesn't have a business degree either (don't call him a moron, ass). but merck should've seen this as free advertising- which he failed to capitalize on.

the only reason that i can see is that chinese democracy isn't going to come out soon, that's the only plausible reason to not take advantage of this.

merck has failed axl by not motivating him to meet deadlines, merck failed the fans by not unfucking axl's lifestyle (which ultimately got the tour cancelled) merck has failed his company by not being the savior by doing the aforementioned things, and merck failed the concept of reason, for christ sake he asked us to not talk about the new songs.

yeah sure, i won't talk about the songs i've been waiting for for 13 FUCKING YEARS! :fuckyou:

what an idiot.

EDIT- this has gotta be my best post of all time :shades:

Edited by quadlaser

Axl is a moron.

axl doesn't have a business degree either (don't call him a moron, ass). but merck should've seen this as free advertising- which he failed to capitalize on.

the only reason that i can see is that chinese democracy isn't going to come out soon, that's the only plausible reason to not take advantage of this.

merck has failed axl by not motivating him to meet deadlines, merck failed the fans by not unfucking axl's lifestyle (which ultimately got the tour cancelled) merck has failed his company by not being the savior by doing the aforementioned things, and merck failed the concept of reason, for christ sake he asked us to not talk about the new songs.

yeah sure, i won't talk about the songs i've been waiting for for 13 FUCKING YEARS! :fuckyou:

what an idiot.

EDIT- this has gotta be my best post of all time :shades:

definatly a great post

i've waited 15 years for this day, I'm simply speechless ... I think IRS is a cross between Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin .. anyone who says Axl lost anything in the ability write a good song and sing is nuts ... the keyboard parts are very modern and ool

the song Better .. That's one of the coolest vocals I've heard in a long time ...

im blown away that it may actually be happening ...

Well, I guess i can say it now.

I told you someone was going to

get the balls again and leak some

new material.

Thank You Mr/Ms. Leaker, I am

forever indebted and you deserve

a medal.

ps: I listened to them several times

and did not download them. I cant wait

for the album

He'll be coming round the mountain

when he comes, when he comes

He'll be coming round the mountain

when he comes, when he comes

He'll be coming round the mountain,

soon enough... :rofl-lol:

bdinan You ROCK!!

You know what it is? Gn'r fans have forgotten that this is about the MUSIC and not about hoping for something that could be music or some dumb photos. I have the songs too and they are good but not mind blowing. I remember when Gn'r was a bad ass band with a FUCK YOU type of attitude. What has it become? A bunch of Politically correct crap? lol Oh and fuck you Merck! You only pop out for stupid requests. Do you think we are not going to buy the album because we have a demo? lol

How can you blame Merck? He's probably shitting his pants scared to death that Axl will pack it in, burn the whole fucking album and hold up in his house again for years because of this. Think of it that way. Heh. And speaking of political bullshit? Umm, Axl is Mr. Political in the sense you are talking about. I'm a big Axl fan but he's a pussy these days, he's so tied up in his head and is all business. Fuck Merck? You mean fuck Axl, because he'll probably throw a psycho hissy fit over this shit.

Edited by Old School