An Open Letter

warchild

OK...here we go....3 in the pm and cold as a witches titty....shit on TV

feeling really masochistic so here's a chance to crucify warchild again.......don't miss it!

got the hammer and the nails.......?? BRING IT ON......

I see the cease and desist is already posted, sooooo, heres some of my email

removed adresses.......dontcha hate it?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Subject: GN'R / STOP IT!!!!

GUNS N ROSES // THE SILENCE IS ILLUSION

OPEN LETTER

Dear Gunners,

I have to get back to the topic and I apologizie to the band and to Merck

and all the others, but this needs to be done.

Three songs off of Chinese Democracy have been leaked so far. IRS, Better &

There Was A Time. They are supposed to be demo versions, two years old.

I know that the people who are currently attempting to leak the whole album

are reading this. This is for you:

Please, stop it. NOW!

If you have these 16 songs, fine for you. But please stop leaking it! We

have been waiting for much more than a decade, and it was often frustrating,

there were huge letdowns. But now the event we've all been waiting for is

just right around the corner. Please don't ruin it?

How would you feel if you had spent a decade of writing and recording, along

with a budget of over 13 million dollars, and just when you reach the

finish, someone destroys everything by leaking it to the internet.

PLEASE STOP IT!

if they would just let us know the release is right around the corner like you say, then this shit will stop. but let's not forget, they haven't.

furthermore, we don't even know if bucket's parts will remain on the album. if they aren't, then these leaks are the only chance we have.

blame the management and the original leakers, not the fans.

you can't call yourself a diehard fan if you don't have all the music that's out there, afterall. i mean, if you have the patience to wait, you certainly aren't all that excited, are you?

The real souce of all the 'fuck you' attitude sometimes displayed on this forum is born out of frustration mostly due to the shit comunication between the band/management and it's fans

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree WC.....This has gone far enough. I was superexcited when IRS was leaked with good quality. I smiled like a little child. So happy!!!

Then when better was leaked. I was almost the same again. But the suprise wasn't the same anymore. Love the song to pieces. But it was not the same excitment.

Then when TWAT was leaked. I was like. Finally I can hear this highly rated song. And it was mindblowing. But the excitment was almost gone. I didn't smile for hours like with IRS.

So Please don't leak anymore. I want to be like that kid again when the real thing hits the shelves. Not a moment before.

(except a full version of better.....wouldn't mind that :unsure: )

I totally agree WC.....This has gone far enough. I was superexcited when IRS was leaked with good quality. I smiled like a little child. So happy!!!

Then when better was leaked. I was almost the same again. But the suprise wasn't the same anymore. Love the song to pieces. But it was not the same excitment.

Then when TWAT was leaked. I was like. Finally I can hear this highly rated song. And it was mindblowing. But the excitment was almost gone. I didn't smile for hours like with IRS.

So Please don't leak anymore. I want to be like that kid again when the real thing hits the shelves. Not a moment before.

way to contradict yourself

You're not under any obligation to download any of the leaks. If you don't agree with leaks being listened to then DON'T LISTEN TO THEM.

You're not under any obligation to download any of the leaks. If you don't agree with leaks being listened to then DON'T LISTEN TO THEM.

Eactly, it will only spoil it if you listen to it, nobody will force you to download a track, so many people are now getting moral after getting the tracks... maybe now they are being moral because they dont believe in more tracks coming?. Its easy to say something is wrong after you have done it.

Personaly i will take every chance to hear new music i can, im not saying it wont fuck up the release for me but thats my look out not the forum polices-no offence meant

I often disagree with Warchild, but I agree here.

I have downloaded all the leaks because I collect GN'R stuff, and quad brings up a good point in that it might be the only chance we have to hear Buckethead on these tracks.

But I won't listen to them until either I have bought the album and listened to that, or if and when it becomes clear that "soon" still isn't the word. But if the album is coming "soon" then I'd prefer to wait and not spoil the experience. I'm not sure a demo actually can spoil it...listen to the November Rain demos, or WTTJ...they certainly don't sound like the finished product. But still. I remember listening to Breakdown for the first time, and following along with the lyric booklet...and my jaw hitting the floor. I want that to happen again and I know it will.

For those who say all they need to do is issue a release date and this will all stop. That's a real load. It won't stop. Sadly the album will leak in it's entirety. That is what I believe. There is no way it can be prevented. When the album starts to be mass produced and distributed many people will gain access to it and it will leak. But if the leak happens very close to release that at least limits the damage and that's a good thing. The later it happens, the better. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna listen to some shitty mp3 on my shitty computer speakers when I can listen to the album on CD, with the lyric booklet and artwork, on a vastly superior stereo system.

It ain't fair to tell the people who have patience to wait that they aren't excited...they are just looking for a different experience than you are. It's all about how long a wait we have to endure. I can take waiting a few months. My opinion may change if we don't get some news in the near future...but all indications are that round 2 is about ready to fuckin' start. Take your seats!

Until Axl puts some light at the end of the tunnel, and convinces me there is a release date in the near future, if he so much as farts into a microphone and records it, I will download it.

If he records his high noon tea time with Beta, I will download it.

If he records himself watching Desperate Housewives whacking off to Eva Longoria, I will download it.

If he records Mr. T saying "I pity the fool who downloads this album" I WILL DOWNLOAD IT!

Until I get some confirmation, I SHALT DOWNLOAD THY SONGS. This I promise.

13 years of frustration, coming out now aided by the internet, you can not stop it. Quit fighting it and give us some info!

THAT IS ALL.

I have downloaded all the leaks because I collect GN'R stuff, and quad brings up a good point in that it might be the only chance we have to hear Buckethead on these tracks.

But I won't listen to them until either I have bought the album and listened to that, or if and when it becomes clear that "soon" still isn't the word. But if the album is coming "soon" then I'd prefer to wait and not spoil the experience. I'm not sure a demo actually can spoil it...listen to the November Rain demos, or WTTJ...they certainly don't sound like the finished product. But still. I remember listening to Breakdown for the first time, and following along with the lyric booklet...and my jaw hitting the floor. I want that to happen again and I know it will.

For those who say all they need to do is issue a release date and this will all stop. That's a real load. It won't stop. Sadly the album will leak in it's entirety. That is what I believe. There is no way it can be prevented. When the album starts to be mass produced and distributed many people will gain access to it and it will leak. But if the leak happens very close to release that at least limits the damage and that's a good thing. The later it happens, the better. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna listen to some shitty mp3 on my shitty computer speakers when I can listen to the album on CD, with the lyric booklet and artwork, on a vastly superior stereo system.

It ain't fair to tell the people who have patience to wait that they aren't excited...they are just looking for a different experience than you are. It's all about how long a wait we have to endure. I can take waiting a few months. My opinion may change if we don't get some news in the near future...but all indications are that round 2 is about ready to fuckin' start. Take your seats!

nobody has the other songs (well, besides better). and all CDs leak before they drop, this is why most CDs are rushed anyway (which doesn't matter, since todays music is garbage). when the CD leaks in it's entirety, the album will be out in a week max usually 2-3 days, which deals minimal damage. leaks don't hurt the music industry as much as you may think (it hurts egos the most) the real damage is done by piracy, which is bound to happen anyway.

a press release would quell so much tension. i, for one, wouldn't listen to anymore leaks (i'd just download them) unless the album was still months away.

i know i'm not the only one

And I ain't taking a moral stand here. You want to download and listen? Go right ahead. I may end up doing the same, but for now I choose to wait. I'm not gonna say this is right or wrong, it's a personal choice.

What is wrong though is the person who leaks it in the first place. What has leaked so far might actually be beneficial (hell, it could even be an inside job). It's generating hype among the fanbase and starting to seep out into the mainstream market. It's a good marketing strategy, if that's what is in fact going on.

That's one thing. Leaking the entire album is another. That is sabotaging the album and I can't imagine any GN'R fan would really want to see that happen. If this album really is a matter of months away, and we now have half the damn thing, surely we can wait for the rest.

Do some people truly believe that a full leak does no harm? What's happened so far is one thing...I'm talking about future leaks...which sadly are coming no matter what we say.

nobody has the other songs (well, besides better). and all CDs leak before they drop, this is why most CDs are rushed anyway (which doesn't matter, since todays music is garbage). when the CD leaks in it's entirety, the album will be out in a week max usually 2-3 days, which deals minimal damage. leaks don't hurt the music industry as much as you may think (it hurts egos the most) the real damage is done by piracy, which is bound to happen anyway.

That's a good point. It still undermines the band's release plans though, and the impact the album makes when it does hit the street.

Edited by KBear

First of all....I am a downloading motherfucker!!

I wont way that if there will be future leaks I won't download them. But I don't want more. I am not longing for more. I think we have all had more then enough of free fun now.

I will still listen to it. Becouse it is amazing music.

But this is a difficult situation indeed. I feel like I am thorn against both sides. I want to hear it all....and I want it NOW!!!! But on the ohter hand. I don't want Axl to be unhappy. :no::no:

First of all....I am a downloading motherfucker!!

I wont way that if there will be future leaks I won't download them. But I don't want more. I am not longing for more. I think we have all had more then enough of free fun now.

I will still listen to it. Becouse it is amazing music.

But this is a difficult situation indeed. I feel like I am thorn against both sides. I want to hear it all....and I want it NOW!!!! But on the ohter hand. I don't want Axl to be unhappy. :no::no:

who said he is unhappy with the whole situation?

Warchild, for probably the first time, I agree entirely with you. Well put! But we all though you'd been banned!

Why on earth would you think that? I am NOT here to stir up trouble, and question site ethics.....

I am here for GUNS n ROSES.......not to impress anybody, or to make myself popular....kill my post count and call me ethel...it doesn't matter to me......

Hell, call me names, ive been called worse by better.....but do not slag Guns N Roses......

That is why I am here, and that is enough for me......If this next section wears.....fit it!

Nothing is sacred

you draw the bottom line with a dollar sign

change your opinion at the drop of a dime

Graceless Intrusion

are you sanctified

in your judgement of me

All I deserve is what you were

Unable to see

DT

Warchild

No, mate, we thought you'd been banned because your name wasn't on the member list anymore - and after your post about dark yesterday, we all just assumed that madison had banned you.

I don't bother reading that because I hate the way you write everything. And please, "Mr.Leaker", if you have anything more to leak do it.

Well wake up and listen real hard...I'M NOT HERE TO IMPRESS YOU........so I could give 2 shits whether you like me or not...it doesn't concern me......

And No, W has not been banned......I know that just makes some people's day sooo pleasant....but I aim to please....sometimes

and "2 drunk kids" are not spreading this alone.....

GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES........!!!

WARchild

*Couldnt (give two sh*ts)

And I think you need to calm down and take a nap.

You cant deprive people of nourishment for years and then expect them not to act like voracious animals when a few scraps of food come their way.

Of course its not ethical, but it is understandable.

Until Axl puts some light at the end of the tunnel, and convinces me there is a release date in the near future, if he so much as farts into a microphone and records it, I will download it.

If he records himself watching Desperate Housewives whacking off to Eva Longoria, I will download it.

If he records Mr. T saying "I pity the fool who downloads this album" I WILL DOWNLOAD IT!

13 years of frustration, coming out now aided by the internet, you can not stop it. Quit fighting it and give us some info!

THAT IS ALL.

If he records "Mary had a little lamb" in his Locomotive voice, Im going to download it.

THAT IS ALL.

A very sensible and intelligent post. If we had any news/information about the release then I think a lot of people's attitudes would change towards these leaks. We don't actually know how far away the album is- it could be a few months or a few years. Neither would surprise me since this is Axl we are talking about.

I would prefer it if no more new songs were leaked (I wouldn't mind the rest of "Better" though ;) )- However, if more material is leaked I'll download it. If we were given a statement or a release date for the bloody album then maybe I would think twice about downloading these tracks!

The fact is GNR and their management have no-one to blame but themselves for this situation- they kept their fans in the dark for so long, of course we're going to pounce at the chance of listening to new music after such a long wait. It's the only thing we have at the moment.

Edited by Guest

THAT IS ALL.

Leaks? Piracy? The real damage comes from the putrid quality of music today. I've bought plenty of CDs in my life, well over 100, I almost never download MP3s unless it's unreleased stuff (live bootlegs etc) that I like to collect and CAN'T buy, and yet I've bought maybe 5 CDs in the last five years.

Why? Because music now sucks.

And the other couple CDs I wanted, the industry put copy protection on, and despite the fact that I could bypass it in seconds, I will not support their use of harmful, quality-reducing technology.

Now, I think people should stop paying attention to Warchild. I'm beginning to think he or she has some serious problems, after the claim of hiring a private eye (oh isn't that coincidence with IRS lyrics) to track darkemus and now this. Either he/she is desperate for attention or has a problem dealing with reality (invetigating on behalf of the band? Give me a break).

I agree, full album should not be leaked or anymore songs, however, dont people agree that it would be easier for everyone in the gnr fanbase if we had a release date to look forward to, you will here music this year, great, when???????????????? Until then, people will still enjoy these little leaks.

I agree, full album should not be leaked or anymore songs, however, dont people agree that it would be easier for everyone in the gnr fanbase if we had a release date to look forward to, you will here music this year, great, when???????????????? Until then, people will still enjoy these little leaks.

I agree on this one.... :book:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=25774.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=25774.0

why are you posting that link on every thread??