local radio DJ "scared" to play I.R.S.

Carne_asaDA

I don't normally listen to the radio, but I got in my car during lunch break today and WTTJ was getting over. After the song the DJ from Z92 which is one of Omaha's major rock stations starting talking about the news of the band playing in Europe and blah....blah. She went on to talk about IRS which she played yesterday. She said that she got calls from listeners who were pissed and hated that song. She said that she would leave it to the next DJ to play it cause now she's scared to play it. So I gave her a call and had a conversation. She said that people were literally pissed. I asked her if she has played any of the other leaks. She said that the station does not play leaks. This was sent to her by the actual record company. So.........IRS first single?????????????

I think she's got her wires crossed. The version that is being played is the same demo version that we all have. It is not a finished, chrisply produced version. Unless the GNR camp have sent out the demo from 4 (probably more) years ago, she is mistaken.

Unless perhaps what we all think is an unfinished, "raw" version of the song, is actually the finished product. :shocked:

How do we know they're only demos?

I think she's got her wires crossed. The version that is being played is the same demo version that we all have. It is not a finished, chrisply produced version. Unless the GNR camp have sent out the demo from 4 (probably more) years ago, she is mistaken.

I don't think so. We have heard several people now say that the IRS version being played on the radio (myself being one of those people) sounds crisper and alot 'better' than the version we have.

-darknemus

I don't normally listen to the radio, but I got in my car during lunch break today and WTTJ was getting over. After the song the DJ from Z92 which is one of Omaha's major rock stations starting talking about the news of the band playing in Europe and blah....blah. She went on to talk about IRS which she played yesterday. She said that she got calls from listeners who were pissed and hated that song. She said that she would leave it to the next DJ to play it cause now she's scared to play it. So I gave her a call and had a conversation. She said that people were literally pissed. I asked her if she has played any of the other leaks. She said that the station does not play leaks. This was sent to her by the actual record company. So.........IRS first single?????????????

Used to live in Omaha, still visit there often. Funny that Z92 played IRS and people got pissed because they thought it was bad.

Used to live in Omaha, still visit there often. Funny that Z92 played IRS and people got pissed because they thought it was bad.

Off topic:

Husker you the one from DoghouseBoxing?

The system the station is playing it through can have an influence on the frequencies that stand out mroe in the mix, plus computer speakers vs car speakers and any other variables. I heard it on radio today and think it's the same version. (live feed from WAAF earlier)

The system the station is playing it through can have an influence on the frequencies that stand out mroe in the mix, plus computer speakers vs car speakers and any other variables. I heard it on radio today and think it's the same version. (live feed from WAAF earlier)

Hang on a sec. Are you saying WAAF was still playing IRS as of this morning?

-darknemus

Sorry Dark. I meant KRAQ, Just mispoke. KROQ 106.7 played it earlier. Someone mentioned it in a post and I caught it off their site on live feed. (http://www.kroq.com/) The guys had some rather rude comments as well. I can't remember what time but it was mid morning. (Eastern time)

Edited by mcalldp

To be honest, if I wasnt such a big GnR fan, I would probably pass on the song also...it is not THAT great of a song. Nothing worth a 10 year wait for.

But as Slash (an others) have said...nothing is.

If that's your mindset, what's the point of even waiting for the album??

I doubt seriously if the record company/band sent IRS to Z-92. The hard rock station in Denver (KBPI) is playing IRS right now too. I emailed the DJ and asked that same question and he said they are playing the leaked track that is floating around on the Internet.

Just my opinion, but I think IRS was leaked on purpose because mgt seems to be supportive or more tolerant of this song being played. I don't think there was any intention of TWAT being released though because that is what is getting Merck so bent out of shape.

who cares what a omaha station thinks of gnr. It's an insignificant place . The only 3 markets GNR need to be concerned about are New York, Los Angeles and Chicago . If Axl succeeds in those markets than it doesn't matter what some little hick town like Omaha thinks.

Hick town?? Have you been to Omaha fuckhead??? Hick towns don't have one of the highest rated concert venues in the WORLD. And Z92 is one of the most respected rock stations in the midwest. Come to Omaha before you call it a hick town dumbass.

I don't think so. We have heard several people now say that the IRS version being played on the radio (myself being one of those people) sounds crisper and alot 'better' than the version we have.

I just got off the phone with the program director of the station and he also said that the version is better than the internet leak. :o

Edited by da_illest_in_402

-darknemus

Dude, I know the one I heard on KROQ in LA yesterday and today is cleaner and crisper than the demo I have. I know because I played the demo on the same computer I was streaming online from and it sounded different.

-darknemus

Dude, I know the one I heard on KROQ in LA yesterday and today is cleaner and crisper than the demo I have. I know because I played the demo on the same computer I was streaming online from and it sounded different.

It's interesting, isn't it?

-darknemus

I've not heard it on radio as I'm in the uk, but surely the fact that they may be playing a full audio leak rather than an mp3 maybe the reason. After all mp3's are compressed to fuck

Edited by invisible_rose

Im just wondering if Axl is driving his car.... lot of speed... sunglasses... turns the radio on.... and the Dj: "come on everybody, lets listen to a new song from GNR... this was sent to me... its called IRS..." what the hell could he think of it??????????? I dont know... maybe this all leak crap was a very big mistake.... but in the other hand, as some of you have said, it could be a strategy from management... i dont know, but Axl could be very pissed off!!!!!!

and... forget it, IRS is not the first single. we would have some more information by now if it were, a cover should be already rounding the radio stations, because when a label send you a single, it comes with the cover of the comming album.