When Will Slash react....

nighttrain

He said he heard the album in full a month ago orso. And that is was great. He swallowed back his words after hearing it and now is pretending he always praised Axl.

I used to like Slash a lot, now I think he is a suckup industry whore who plays very trivial solos.

Slash also isnt the industry whore, he left GNR because Axl was trying to adapt to modern, electric music. He stays with the Blues and nothing else

Blues? You mean Mtv poprock for teenage girls?

An industry whore he is.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl never commented on Contraband, obviously he's jealous.

Or bored into a catatonic stupor from hearing it. - :ph34r:

However I'm sure Axl was blown away by Slash's performance of 'Le Freak' with musical legends 'CHIC'. - :drevil:

Nah, Axl was too busy to comment because he was in the studio making a lame ripoff of "Pretty Hate Machine", which came out 17 years ago.

Nice to see Axl is making that "modern music" I'm so glad he's not stuck in the 80's!

LOL! Have you even heard 'PHM'? Enlighten me on the similiarities please maestro! - :ph34r:

You can't hear the similarities? Axl is trying to move into an industrial direction.. lots of electronic sounds mixed with some hard rock, it sounds like early NIN, the main difference is Axl's voice and Trent's voice.

He said he heard the album in full a month ago orso. And that is was great. He swallowed back his words after hearing it and now is pretending he always praised Axl.

Sorry, that's wrong. I'll leave it to you to hunt down Much More Music's interview of Slash, oh, a couple of years back. The one where he said Axl's a genius and that it's a safe bet Chi Dem will be a great album. Or something to that effect.

I used to like Slash a lot, now I think he is a suckup industry whore who plays very trivial solos.

Too bad Slash never actually said any of that.

Fact is both Axl & Slash have proven they can be successful on their own, but they were never better than when they were together.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Slash also isnt the industry whore, he left GNR because Axl was trying to adapt to modern, electric music. He stays with the Blues and nothing else

An industry whore he is.

VR on MTV? That channel is 50% hip-hop and 50% Green Day. What MTV are you watching?

Anyway, I wouldnt rip on Slash for being mildly famous. He plays the music he loves and if other people love it that makes him an industry whore? Come on dude, thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard.

Why let facts get in the way of some good ol' Slash bashing?

Fact is both Axl & Slash have proven they can be successful on their own, but they were never better than when they were together.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Didn't Slash say "what the fuck, we were a rock and roll band, and all of a sudden we had a piano on the stage? What's up with that? That ain't the rock and roll I know"

Slash actually wanted Andreadis (keyboards) on stage, also Slash found the horn section and dancers...all his ideas, not Axl's because Axl in an interview then praised him that he was amazed Slash put this all together.

And after GnR Slash started a band (Bluesball) with also piano and keyboards, with his buddy Andreadis....and then he played with hiphop acts/rappers......he sucked up to Jacko and also played with r&b acts......yes, this all is very R&R :chef:

Slash talks so much contradictory shite, it is funny.

Axl never commented on Contraband, obviously he's jealous.

Or bored into a catatonic stupor from hearing it. - :ph34r:

However I'm sure Axl was blown away by Slash's performance of 'Le Freak' with musical legends 'CHIC'. - :drevil:

Nah, Axl was too busy to comment because he was in the studio making a lame ripoff of "Pretty Hate Machine", which came out 17 years ago.

Nice to see Axl is making that "modern music" I'm so glad he's not stuck in the 80's!

LOL! Have you even heard 'PHM'? Enlighten me on the similiarities please maestro! - :ph34r:

You can't hear the similarities? Axl is trying to move into an industrial direction.. lots of electronic sounds mixed with some hard rock, it sounds like early NIN, the main difference is Axl's voice and Trent's voice.

It's irritating how every time a song has a loop or sample in it it's compared to 'Pretty Hate Machine'. Who's stuck in the 80's? - :ph34r:

Edited by Ions

An industry whore he is.

VR on MTV? That channel is 50% hip-hop and 50% Green Day. What MTV are you watching?

Anyway, I wouldnt rip on Slash for being mildly famous. He plays the music he loves and if other people love it that makes him an industry whore? Come on dude, thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard.

Agreed. If anything, Slash's style of rock is out of favour today. It's a throwback to yesteryear. So calling him an industry whore is a joke.

III, and if blues/rock is MTV pop rock then I guess you don't like classic GN'R. :rolleyes:

Quote from Mtv, when Slash talked to Mtv:

"Even former Axl ally Slash has been talking about Democracy in recent months. In two separate radio interviews, Slash said he'd heard the album, that it "sounds great" and that it would hit retail sometime in March. Slash declined MTV News' request for further information."

Mtv Europe and commercial radios played every VR shite like it was the new ritalin. Fallin to Shites is Mtv poprock for teenage girls and the rest of the material is just bland.

Edited by llll

"Even former Axl ally Slash has been talking about Democracy in recent months. In two separate radio interviews, Slash said he'd heard the album, that it "sounds great" and that it would hit retail sometime in March. Slash declined MTV News' request for further information."

Then MTV is wrong. Find the original stories. It's as luvaxl4ever described it.

Edited by KBear

Mtv Europe and commercial radios played every VR shite like it was the new ritalin. Fallin to Shites is Mtv poprock for teenage girls and the rest of the material is just bland.

You obviously dont know what youre talking about, Slash never said he heared the album. A friend of his did and told him it sounded great.

And that info is actually incorrect. I listened to the interviews. He has NOT heard the album.(at the time of the interviews at least). What he said is that "someone official has heard it, and apparently it is great," or something to that effect. Go and listen to the interviews yourself.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

The new AXL songs are very good but in my view, they lack the killer riffs and guitar intros Slash came up with for SCOM, WTTJ, YCBM, Estranged, NR, Civil War and others... And most of the VR material and Snakepit material lacks the Axl melodies...

However, I must say the TWAT solo at the end is very good...but I feel the leaked song intro lack the Slash guitar power...

And that info is actually incorrect. I listened to the interviews. He has NOT heard the album.(at the time of the interviews at least). What he said is that "someone official has heard it, and apparently it is great," or something to that effect. Go and listen to the interviews yourself.

Yeah, can somebody upload that interview for III? I would but I admit I have no idea how to do that :(

All these Slash-ist jumping out of the bushes suddenly....I gave my source now you give yours to diprove it. You can't just say " no thats not true"....source, link.

Like I said in my earlier post, go and listen to the interviews yourself. One is done with Matt Cord from a Philly radio station (WMMR), and I am not sure about the other, but I am sure someone around here has it.

EDIT: I have the Matt Cord one in my itunes, but I have no idea how to upload it. If someone told me, I'd do it for you.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

"we had a horns section and pianos and all this other kind of crap, which we didn't necessarily want as a band, but it's something that Axl still wanted." - Slash

"I remember feelin a bit like, 'I didn't really sign up for this'. I was kind of hoping to join a badass rock n' roll band you know? what's with the piano?" - Matt

not really relevant to ANYTHING AT ALL actually, i just noticed someone said something about Slash being the one to introduce the pianos and horns and all for the UYI era.

I have the slash interview with some British guy in my itunes but I also have the same problem, no clue how to upload...

While on this site, press alt+f4 at the same time.

The guy above me....and axl said it was Slash, so who is lying? Why would Axl want Andreadis in the band, it is Slash's best buddy.

Edited by llll

I have the slash interview with some British guy in my itunes but I also have the same problem, no clue how to upload...

While on this site, press alt+f4 at the same time.

The guy above me....and axl said it was Slash, so who is lying? Why would Axl want Andreadis in the band, it is Slash's best buddy.

Could you give us any link to where Axl said that? cause I find it hard to believe Slash wanted all the extras in the band.