When Will Slash react....

nighttrain

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he heard the album in full a month ago orso. And that is was great. He swallowed back his words after hearing it and now is pretending he always praised Axl.

I used to like Slash a lot, now I think he is a suckup industry whore who plays very trivial solos.

I guess he's not been interviewed since he heared them?

Slash has never gone out of his way to speak about Axl or Guns in general since leaving. He is just a nice guy and when asked the inevitable question by some dumb, ignorant DJ he speaks the truth.

So I guess if some radio DJ interviews him and asks him what he thought of the demos, he would tell us. Without that happening he is unlikely to issue a press release on the matter isn't he.

He said he heard the album in full a month ago orso. And that is was great. He swallowed back his words after hearing it and now is pretending he always praised Axl.

I used to like Slash a lot, now I think he is a suckup industry whore who plays very trivial solos.

No, Slash did not say he heared the album. He knows somebody who did.

Slash also isnt the industry whore, he left GNR because Axl was trying to adapt to modern, electric music. He stays with the Blues and nothing else rock1

wow, thanks for bashing slash for making the music he enjoys playing. he's certainly not out to cater to everyone, and why should he? he's already been very successful, and doesn't have to go out and try to make a hit record. snakepit had some awesome stuff, but i have to admit, axl and slash need each other. they compliment each other perfectly, and neither will achieve the same mythic proportions that GnR did in the early 90's.

as for slash releasing any more statements on Chinese Democracy... wouldn't count on it, he chimed in with his two cents when asked about the project, just like everyone else.

i'm not waiting on anyone else's opinions or statements other than Axl or his management.

I think he can come back. He left cause of the problems between the members of GNR (read AXL) as I understand it and not because of the music. I think that Slash isnt at all afraid to try new things musically. Just look at the difference between Appetite... and UYI. The thing with GNR was the whole band was great together and personally I dont think Axl will pull this one of alone. I dont doubt it will be a good record but I belive that it would´ve been better with more real gunners playing on it.

The question is how come GNR didnt really realease anything of their own after Izzy left? Was he the ingredience that GNR needed?

wow, thanks for bashing slash for making the music he enjoys playing. he's certainly not out to cater to everyone, and why should he? he's already been very successful, and doesn't have to go out and try to make a hit record. snakepit had some awesome stuff, but i have to admit, axl and slash need each other. they compliment each other perfectly, and neither will achieve the same mythic proportions that GnR did in the early 90's.

as for slash releasing any more statements on Chinese Democracy... wouldn't count on it, he chimed in with his two cents when asked about the project, just like everyone else.

i'm not waiting on anyone else's opinions or statements other than Axl or his management.

I agree

Okay... Face it, Contraband, although have decent, proves that Duff, Slash, and Matt, aren't great alone. Or maybe they would be if they didn't have druggie Scott on board. VR have made very generic, okay, hard rock.

The fact that I'm more willing to listen to demos than to finished and remastered tracks says a lot. :)

Okay... Face it, Contraband, although have decent, proves that Duff, Slash, and Matt, aren't great alone. Or maybe they would be if they didn't have druggie Scott on board. VR have made very generic, okay, hard rock.

The fact that I'm more willing to listen to demos than to finished and remastered tracks says a lot. :)

wait.

remastered?

or re-remastered?

OH! i think you're talking about re-re-remaster+bonus tracks :D

Axl never commented on Contraband, obviously he's jealous.

Or bored into a catatonic stupor from hearing it. - :ph34r:

However I'm sure Axl was blown away by Slash's performance of 'Le Freak' with musical legends 'CHIC'. - :drevil:

Edited by Ions

However I'm sure Axl was blown away by Slash's performance of 'Le Freak' with musical legends 'CHIC'. - :drevil:

Nah, Axl was too busy to comment because he was in the studio making a lame ripoff of "Pretty Hate Machine", which came out 17 years ago.

Nice to see Axl is making that "modern music" I'm so glad he's not stuck in the 80's!

Edited by OTHAFA

Nah, Axl was too busy to comment because he was in the studio making a lame ripoff of "Pretty Hate Machine", which came out 17 years ago.

Nice to see Axl is making that "modern music" I'm so glad he's not stuck in the 80's!

LOL! Have you even heard 'PHM'? Enlighten me on the similiarities please maestro! - :ph34r:

VHI Behind the music.

This goes to whoever said that Slash enjoyed new things like UYI.

Didn't Slash say "what the fuck, we were a rock and roll band, and all of a sudden we had a piano on the stage? What's up with that? That ain't the rock and roll I know"

I could be totally wrong but yeah.

I love all the old band members except matt.

The bottom line is Axl + Slash + Duff + Izzy + Matt = GNR Nothing else works! (I would put Adler in there, I think he is way better than Matt. But Adler rejoining GNR is too unrealistic)

Speaking of Adler - Have you seen these pictures of him shooting up and getting smoked?

Source:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?o...=1182&Itemid=42

Anyway - I'm back on topic. - :ph34r:

Edited by Ions