When Will Slash react....

nighttrain

He said he heard the album in full a month ago orso. And that is was great. He swallowed back his words after hearing it and now is pretending he always praised Axl.

I used to like Slash a lot, now I think he is a suckup industry whore who plays very trivial solos.

Kinda sucks when someone you don't know doesn't measure up to your standars eh?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard all the leaks, but I heard T.W.A.T. on the radio, the end was cool, but Axl's voice sounds weird and it was all kinda wack. However, we may have heard the same stuff before by VR, but they did a good job replicating it and personally, I'd rather hear the same stuff well done than new stuff that sounds weird. That's just me.

As for Slash's reaction, no idea.

In all honesty, What the fuck does it matter what Slash thinks?

Slash's opinion is very interesting since he is the guy 90% (perhaps more) of GN'R fans want as lead guitarist of the band.

no i think you have it backwards. open your eyes man!

90% of the fans have accepted that Slash is gone and is not coming back. the other 10% are disrespectful assholes like you who bash the members of the band this site was built for.

Slash's opinion is very interesting since he is the guy 90% (perhaps more) of GN'R fans want as lead guitarist of the band.

90% of the fans have accepted that Slash is gone and is not coming back. the other 10% are disrespectful assholes like you who bash the members of the band this site was built for.

for someone who dosent like slash and velvet revolver, you seem to spend a lot of time in the VR section...

for someone who dosent like slash and velvet revolver, you seem to spend a lot of time in the VR section...

this is the gnr section.

but the same can be said for folks like Niveen here who dont like GNR, they just like the ex-members, yet they come here and bash away! so what!

He said Slash is the guy that 90% or more would "want" as lead guitarist of the band. Has nothing to do if they have accepted him being gone or not--they still WANT him back and for good reason. rock3

Edited by Turn_It_Up

He said Slash is the guy that 90% or more would "want" as lead guitarist of the band. Has nothing to do if they have accepted him being gone or not--they still WANT him back and for good reason. rock3

bullshit

Bingo!!! I've accepted that he has gone and I support this new version of GNR. However, I will hold out hope that one day Slash will come back. Like I said before, Axl & Slash are at their best together.

Do you think we will hear any comment from slash on the leaked demos?.

Kind a strange we havent heard anything from him,he said he was looking foward to the album came out,didnt he?.

It must be difficult for the likes of Slash and Duff. Imagine being in VR about to start recording your next album, all the while knowing that the band you were once apart of is about to unleash something very big and you won't be apart of the experience. Even without releasing a single new song GnR are back in 2006 headlining on the strength of the GnR name alone.

I doubt it'll bother Matt or Gilby as they were simply hired guns during the UYI tour, and Izzy left long ago on good terms to do his own thing.

Edited by dobadog

Some thoughts here. I've been a gunner since the late 80s, and I have to say that the devolution of this thread into the "Axl's right, Slash is a tool" and "Slash is right, Axl's a corporate whore" camps is quite disappointing. Slash and Axl will always be two halves of a greater whole on one level, in the same way that Lennon/McCartney, Tyler/Perry, Plant/Page, and Mercury/May are/were. Of course, they (like the others I've listed) can still be brilliant artists on their own, and I think they're both in various stages of showing us that. TWAT's pretty damn great, and so is the solo in LOVING THE ALIEN. I personally believe we'll see them together again someday (with Duff and possibly Izzy), maybe at their Rock Hall induction. Until then, I think we should just be thankful that we're still getting material from both of them. I know a lot of Queen and Nirvana fans that envy our situation. Axl and Slash were great as one of the great all-time frontman/axeman duos. They continue to be great as independent artists. I seriously doubt either of them have a hundredth the animosity for each other that is being created between them on this board. I guess being new here, I shouldn't have started off with a post like this, but it's my thoughts on what I've read here.

Some thoughts here. I've been a gunner since the late 80s, and I have to say that the devolution of this thread into the "Axl's right, Slash is a tool" and "Slash is right, Axl's a corporate whore" camps is quite disappointing. Slash and Axl will always be two halves of a greater whole on one level, in the same way that Lennon/McCartney, Tyler/Perry, Plant/Page, and Mercury/May are/were. Of course, they (like the others I've listed) can still be brilliant artists on their own, and I think they're both in various stages of showing us that. TWAT's pretty damn great, and so is the solo in LOVING THE ALIEN. I personally believe we'll see them together again someday (with Duff and possibly Izzy), maybe at their Rock Hall induction. Until then, I think we should just be thankful that we're still getting material from both of them. I know a lot of Queen and Nirvana fans that envy our situation. Axl and Slash were great as one of the great all-time frontman/axeman duos. They continue to be great as independent artists. I seriously doubt either of them have a hundredth the animosity for each other that is being created between them on this board. I guess being new here, I shouldn't have started off with a post like this, but it's my thoughts on what I've read here.

Nice post mate

LA

Boom! thats how its done!

Nice ;)

This beats the shit out of my first post!

It doesnt matter how new you are, not at all. Great post and welcome to the forum.

Edited by sweetness

Great post!

Oh, ok, because you say it without quoting any source, you must be right now.....

:drevil:

Well it's not too hard to find the stories if you really want to. In any case, here's two of them referencing the two separate interviews, and please note Slash is actually quoted in the first one:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=48217

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi..._democracy.html

The stories were also plastered all over this forum not too long ago, which you can search for if you want.

Obviously MTV was just going by these interviews, and they got it wrong.

Slash's reaction: - :unsure:

This music is far superior to the VR shite. - :ph34r:

this man speaks the truth rock1

Slash hasn't put out anything worthy of being in the same CD player as these demos.

i totally agree and just imagine how much better these songs will be in cd quality. they kick Contraband's ass, hands down.

so true.

Some good points. Maybe all is good and their separate directions is the way to go.

Still, i bet when the new GnR turn up in 2006 there will be the usual mob chanting 'wheres Slash' and all that. The question is, how many times will A. put up with that until he walks out on a show :D

it dont really matter what slash thinks, you're gonna find out for yourself. slash is the reason i play guitar anyway

He is the reason I play guitar too. I'm just disappointed because I know he's capable of so much more than he's willing to do. But we've heard this before... - :ph34r:

Edited by Ions