________

Guest Bach

:mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol: B) :rolleyes:-_-<_<:):angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink: :xmassrudolph: :chef: :xmasschef2: :xmasschef: :tongue2::kiss::heart::mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol: B) :rolleyes:-_-<_<:):angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink: :xmassrudolph: :chef: :xmasschef2: :xmasschef: :tongue2::kiss::heart::mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol: B) :rolleyes:-_-<_<:):angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink: :xmassrudolph: :chef: :xmasschef2: :xmasschef: :tongue2::kiss::heart::mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol: B) :rolleyes:-_-<_<:):angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink: :xmassrudolph: :chef: :xmasschef2: :xmasschef: :tongue2::kiss::heart::mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol: B) :rolleyes:-_-<_<:):angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink: :xmassrudolph: :chef: :xmasschef2: :xmasschef: :tongue2::kiss::heart::mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol: B) :rolleyes:-_-<_<:):angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink: :xmassrudolph: :chef: :xmasschef2: :xmasschef: :tongue2::kiss::heart::mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol: B) :rolleyes:-_-<_<:):angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink: :xmassrudolph: :chef: :xmasschef2: :xmasschef: :tongue2::kiss::heart::mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol: B) :rolleyes:-_-<_<:):angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink: :xmassrudolph: :chef: :xmasschef2: :xmasschef: :tongue2::kiss::heart: Edited by Bach

Guns n' Roses new material is complex, sophisticated in the different layers of sounds. It's often designed like a rollercoaster, and doesn't follow the usual construction of songs we may be used to. It's smooth, then it takes off, is soft again, than very violent, aggressive.

Instead of having one approch and dig into it more profoundly, the songs show many faces. As for the sound, it's techno/industrial oriented, with some hip-hop touch, than it's metal or epic. It's the same with Axl voice, and it's like with each songs he show some different parts of his personality. His interpretation and voice is sometimes vulnerable and sad, sometimes very "high-mooded", or even a little scary/aggressive.

The best example of this is Better.

When the two first leaks occured, and we heard only 2 minutes of the song, everyone thought this song would be a very catchy pop-rock tune. But then with the second half of the song (and the incredibly aggressive middle-part) Better showed us its true face.

It's a schizophrenic song, a rollercoaster. I definitely see a connection betweent Better and Oh My God (and with IRS for the complex melodic construction, as well as -don't bite!- with My World which was un unassumed attempt by Axl to explore new direction) Just like Axl has some violent and quick mood changes, his music reflect this.

I just love it. Oh My God is one of my favorite songs ever. And Now Better is as well.

^^Agreed. Well put.

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen." - Axl Rose, RS, 2006

That says it all. He doesn't say the music sounds like Queen, he says the arrangements are like Queen, which is famous for its unpredictable and versitile compositions.

Guns n' Roses new material is complex, sophisticated in the different layers of sounds. It's often designed like a rollercoaster, and doesn't follow the usual construction of songs we may be used to. It's smooth, then it takes off, is soft again, than very violent, aggressive.

Instead of having one approch and dig into it more profoundly, the songs show many faces. As for the sound, it's techno/industrial oriented, with some hip-hop touch, than it's metal or epic. It's the same with Axl voice, and it's like with each songs he show some different parts of his personality. His interpretation and voice is sometimes vulnerable and sad, sometimes very "high-mooded", or even a little scary/aggressive.

The best example of this is Better.

When the two first leaks occured, and we heard only 2 minutes of the song, everyone thought this song would be a very catchy pop-rock tune. But then with the second half of the song (and the incredibly aggressive middle-part) Better showed us its true face.

It's a schizophrenic song, a rollercoaster. I definitely see a connection betweent Better and Oh My God (and with IRS for the complex melodic construction, as well as -don't bite!- with My World which was un unassumed attempt by Axl to explore new direction) Just like Axl has some violent and quick mood changes, his music reflect this.

I just love it. Oh My God is one of my favorite songs ever. And Now Better is as well.

^^Agreed. Well put.

Completely agree with you!!

Oh,i love Axl's mood changes.. :wub:

He really knows how to express himself..And that's awesome..

He's not afraid to show his true feelings and thoughts..

This record is going to be Amazig!! rock4

He said himself it wouldn't sound like GN'R, but the roots are Rock, Metal, or whatever you call it. What Axl is doing, I think is great. These new songs set different moods and every song brings something new to the table, not only by lyrics. What he is doing is fantastic.

umm haven't we seen this before many times?

first off lets look at gn'r:

november rain - piano ballad then at the end it goes into the crazy solo (sounds like your "bipolar" idea to me)

enstranged - starts off with the semi heavy guitars melodies and such, then slows down to a nice pretty piano part, then gets heavy again

other bands:

aerosmith did this in sweet emotion, love in an elevator, and others

black sabbath did this in MANY songs

queen did this in fucking every song

iron maiden is know for randomly changing tempos completely, especially in their newer material

and on and on, too lazy to keep going - i like axls new structure of the songs, i just hope he can have good music to fit the arangements

erm, if you think axl has invented a new sound then your musical tastes NEED to be more expansive.

dont worry dude' they think its fashionable to be bipolar :rofl-lol:

how sad

thats true man.... they thik its revolutionary and ...bi polar ...... :question:

To be honest i dont see these songs as Bi Polar in any way but they do reflect Axls age and his varied experiences over the last 10 years.Axl has grown from the angry fuck everybody kind of person to a very intrevert person dealing with his issues in his own way.... nothing more that i can see, though im sure his mental state has effected the song i just think way to much is made of the Bi Polar issue.

first off i'm a manic depressant (bipolar) myself, as well a singer/ song writer so I have somewhat of an idea what you are talking about, although I don't think these mood changes would be due to being manic depressant, for you don't have mood swings just from day to day, it's like in 3 week swings, and then you'll be fine for 3 weeks, then you get another swing. I really wouldn't think you could see manic depressant song, but you can see a manic depressant album, for though at the course of 10 years i would think he would have some real super highs and lows.

Nothing about the new music is bipolar at all. The music changes and is structured to conflict with how it originally started, but the lyrics themselves stay focused on the same subjects the whole way through. I could see if Axl was singing about lollipops and rainbows, then changing to death and destruction, but it's just the instruments conflicting with each other. That has no bipolar effect at all. Change of structure? Yes, but that's it.

Oh My God is easly the most adventurist song for axl as far as the leaked songs weve heard. Its a bit heavier then anything he's really done(guitar tone wise). also you got to love the 16 note drumming in it. its very electronic like. very cool arrangment. I think it just plain kicks ass, nice fusing axl.

also, the chorus has a bit of a new wave feel to it. anyone else catch this?

Edited by Wes23