Madagascar

aussie_axl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madagascar is probably my third favourite Gn'R ever.

R.

Ditto. I LOVE Madagascar.

can i ditto your ditto?

i too think Maddy is great. we just need to hear a studio version. he never really nailed that " iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,,

,,,,,,,,,,,iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, i,i,i,i,i,i,i, oh, i" part live. to hear that in full blown studio quality i think would be mesmerizing. i also like how the song is ambiguous (sp?) in it's meaning. it could be a relationship song. a song about personal demons. a song about an opressed people, anything really. those types of songs are always good because they can mean different things to different people. even the same person in different stages of life can take a different meaning from the same song. ya know what i mean?

Edited by artfromtex

madagascar needs lots of work though, the quotes are pretty lame and it needs more lyrics and better structure. As for the song chinese democracy I really hope its on it, CD is a short rock ass kicker which the new cd is kind of lacking. Even a good quality rhiad should make it so that at least its even with rockers and ballads

i might be the only one...... but after hearing the leaks i hope Madagascar doesn't make the cut, i really can't get into it, these new songs are just so much better!

your opinion?.

Unless it's been reworked and is better than what we have heard I agree 100%. Always thought it had potential but in the form we heard it's nothing stellar to these ears.

Edited by Old School

I actually agree with you.

I LOVED the Blues and played the shit out of it for the last couple of years.

But Better, TWAT and CITR are just on another level musically as far as I'm concerned.

Blues and Maddy are very cool songs. And I could easly see studio version of The Blues being a huge hit.

But I think the new songs have the potential to be classics.

I THINK THESE NEW SONGS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE CHINESE DEMOCRACY THE NEXT APPETITE FOR DESCRUCTION. AN ALBUM PEOPLE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT 25 YEARS FROM NOW. AN ALBUM THAT LITERALLY DID CHANGE THE ROCK WORLD.

Whereas songs like Maddy, Blues, CD, Rhiad have the potential to be the next Use Your Illusions. Killer songs, that we all love and cherish. But not songs you'll still be talking about 25 years from now.

im with you... theyre writing history!!!!!!!!!!!!

If You Have...I'm not exactly sure which DVD, whether it's House Of Blues 2001, or VMA's 2002 Rehearsal (I think it's that one), the studio version is playing on the menu.

01.01.01 DVD has a studio demo version on the Menus.

I find that hard to believe... Im sure i would have it by now if it was... you sure its not a mega touched up live recording?

If You Have...I'm not exactly sure which DVD, whether it's House Of Blues 2001, or VMA's 2002 Rehearsal (I think it's that one), the studio version is playing on the menu.

I didn't think either of those DVD's were available. I thought they were both being hoarded.

Madagascar is a pretty strong song. Hopefully the studio version features the 'hoarse' Axl voice. The studio cut from the Boston promos seems to suggest it will.

Edited by Zephyrus

01.01.01 DVD has a studio demo version on the Menus.

I find that hard to believe... Im sure i would have it by now if it was... you sure its not a mega touched up live recording?

No, it is the demo, which is why a certain someone that has it is refusing to trade it or anything. (That, and other reasons...)

I agree. Every other new song I liked better. Madagascar never did much for me. Of course I was never a fan of November Rain and most people love it. I like Coma, Locomotive, and Estranged in that order as far as epic songs. My favorite sequence of songs starts with Garden of Eden and ends with Coma. I have always liked UYI #1 the best out of all the albums for those last 5 songs. Don't get me wrong Appetite is brilliant but not my fav

Guest JohnUlmer

But Better, TWAT and CITR are just on another level musically as far as I'm concerned.

Blues and Maddy are very cool songs. And I could easly see studio version of The Blues being a huge hit.

I THINK THESE NEW SONGS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE CHINESE DEMOCRACY THE NEXT APPETITE FOR DESCRUCTION. AN ALBUM PEOPLE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT 25 YEARS FROM NOW. AN ALBUM THAT LITERALLY DID CHANGE THE ROCK WORLD.

Whereas songs like Maddy, Blues, CD, Rhiad have the potential to be the next Use Your Illusions. Killer songs, that we all love and cherish. But not songs you'll still be talking about 25 years from now.

I think the live version of The Blues is better than any of the new leaks. I love the new leaks, but The Blues is a masterpiece IMO and perhaps the best GN'R song ever.

I think the live version of The Blues is better than any of the new leaks. I love the new leaks, but The Blues is a masterpiece IMO and perhaps the best GN'R song ever.

november rain anyone?

Madagascar is an excellent song in my opinion. I prefer it to The Blues and Chinese Democracy. I think it is just so listenable, even for non-GN'R fans. It's a great musical experience and I really hope that Axl would consider putting it out as a single. It's much better than Estranged in my opinion. Of course I'm not overly enamoured with that song but I just think the lyrics are wonderful.

Incidently I think Madagascar is another song, which relates to the political situation in China. A famous quote from Karl Marx (writer of the communist manifesto) was ''Workers of the world unite, all you have to lose is the chains.'' I'm pretty sure the second part of that quote is paraphrased in the song just before the quotes. Then all the quotes come in preaching democracy and liberty. I think the song is critical of communist China.

01 01 01 :shocked: Why can't you be out there?

It's not. I don't believe the hoarders either. This person (it's only one) failed to show me screenshots to the menu on the dvd, so I say it's BS.

The MTV reherseals I do believe, and at some point this will be in global circulation.

01 01 01 :shocked: Why can't you be out there?

It's not. I don't believe the hoarders either. This person (it's only one) failed to show me screenshots to the menu on the dvd, so I say it's BS.

The MTV reherseals I do believe, and at some point this will be in global circulation.

Well they shot it, so SOME ONE has to have it, unless axl burned it. By someone I done mean anyone, trader or management. They recorded it right?

As far as MTV rehersals the only reason I'd want to hear them would be to see if they did the medley better than the actual MTV awards. Meaning, on pitch and on time front man, cuz that medley kicked ass.

everyone i know who's hear Better calls it an "epic emo song" and says TWAT is alright, and says Axl sounds like crap on IRS and it isn't up to par. I haven't shown anyone catcher yet. I say Maddy, the Blues, Catcher in the Rye, and TWAT are the best i've heard in my opinion.

I still love it.

1. Better

2. Madagascar

2. Blues

2. TWAT

5. IRS

6. Chinese Democracy

Lame I know :P

I need to listen to Catcher in the Rye more before I can judge...

mine would be

catcher in the rye

the blues

better

TWAT

irs

chinese democracy

maddy

we need a few more rockers i think, alot of ballads so far, i think chinese democracy could be re worked, and i think axl needs to speed up irs.