Leaks divide the forum

Lukin

And now my post about the PM-warnings in the CITR-thread has been deleted. Point proven. This forum has gone to shit... If it weren´t for the really cool people hanging out here not a single soul would put up with this behaviour the moderators are showing towards us. Warnings and cencorship won´t stop anything. I really hope the guys (moderators) that are doing all this don´t have these leaks themselves cause if it´s so you are all such hypocrites and I hope you realize that. I can accept the "no link" policy, but the rest of the things with cencorship and warnings for asking for help finding the songs???

I don´t think a right wing forum would even be as fucked up as this one has now proven to be on these issues.

Why don´t you moderators start a sticky thread where we can discuss these factors that have been popping out because of the leaks? I mean, it you and us who make this a forum, not just YOU. And since many people are getting frustrated about this let´s have an open discussion, without harsh words and cencorship!

/Lukin

(when you start that thread feel free to erase this one)

Edited by Lukin

In my opinion, you have to give this moderating team some damn credit. They work their asses of to keep this site running - And not only running, but running LEGALLY. The reality is with all the leaking going on, it is causing alot of legal problems, and there is only so much they can do, and only so much that they can let go on in these forums with out breaking the law..... And then what do we have?

i agree i got a warning for asking for a track and id put money on it that these so called moderators have downloaded these tracks too i think there full of bullshit

oh and i got hold of all the tracks thanks to some great people on here so thankyou to you and the mods can go eat shit

And now my post about the PM-warnings in the CITR-thread has been deleted. Point proven. This forum has gone to shit... If it weren´t for the really cool people hanging out here not a single soul would put up with this behaviour the moderators are showing towards us. Warnings and cencorship won´t stop anything. I really hope the guys (moderators) that are doing all this don´t have these leaks themselves cause if it´s so you are all such hypocrites and I hope you realize that. I can accept the "no link" policy, but the rest of the things with cencorship and warnings for asking for help finding the songs???

I don´t think a right wing forum would even be as fucked up as this one has now proven to be on these issues.

Why don´t you moderators start a sticky thread where we can discuss these factors that have been popping out because of the leaks? I mean, it you and us who make this a forum, not just YOU. And since many people are getting frustrated about this let´s have an open discussion, without harsh words and cencorship!

/Lukin

(when you start that thread feel free to erase this one)

In my opinion, you have to give this moderating team some damn credit. They work their asses of to keep this site running - And not only running, but running LEGALLY. The reality is with all the leaking going on, it is causing alot of legal problems, and there is only so much they can do, and only so much that they can let go on in these forums with out breaking the law..... And then what do we have?

There are no legal problems with asking for links or having discussions about leaks and problems on a forum as far as I know. As I said before, I understand the "no links" policy but you can´t say that all the cencorship going on and warning-PM´s being sent out are justified?

I´m just looking for an open discussion on this topic since it clearly is a problem.

Edited by Lukin

There are no legal problems with asking for links or having discussions about leaks and problems on a forum as far as I know. As I said before, I understand the "no links" policy but you can´t say that all the cencorship going on and warning-PM´s being sent out are justified?

I´m just looking for an open discussion on this topic since it clearly is a problem.

As far as I can see there is no problem with discussing the leaks.

+1

its easy... really really easy... do not post requests or links to the leaked songs... IF YOU WANT THE SONG,, PM... PM GODAMNIT.

agree. i think we should respect that we are not allowed to post leaked song links.

its easy... really really easy... do not post requests or links to the leaked songs... IF YOU WANT THE SONG,, PM... PM GODAMNIT.

I know it´s easy to go around this problem but the problem is still there if you see what I mean? Posts getting erased etc. Wtf?

As far as I can see there is no problem with discussing the leaks.

To a point this is true, but many posts disappear in those discussions. Posts that I don´t really see a reason to why they disappear. For example, why did my post about the PM-warning disappear? It was clearly related to the thread it was in. I guess it depends on what you talk about when you talk about leaks. Big Brother.

agree. i think we should respect that we are not allowed to post leaked song links.

I belive this is being respected very well now, if you ask me.

Edited by Lukin

Very true.

Grimo.

We've recieved wishes from the Gnr management and demands from lawyers so we respect that and our policy is to not allow any Download Links, Requests, or Lyrics from the leaked tracks until we're told otherwise. This decision is not up for discussion so if you don't agree with our policy then feel free to go elsewhere.

As Budweiser said, we've almost been working night and day in order to keep this forum clean and structured so it's easy for our members to find the threads and great discussions.

Because of the recent activities and news there's been a lot of new members on the forum which means a lot more moderating, i.e. merging, moving and removing threads and posts. It's hard to please everyone but we're doing our best for our members to enjoy it and come back. :)

Could not agree more....

Edited by Jmm

Yes there are legal problems with asking for links. By requesting for someone to send you a pm with the song in a thread clearly shows that tracks are being shared by members which puts the forum in jepoardy. It doesn't matter if the songs are shared in threads or in pm's, they're both not meant to be done. However, it is harder to track people pm'ing each other as long as you don't request it in a thread. A member with half a brain could work out to pm someone online and ask for the song without requesting it in a thread.

As for the mods having the songs, of course they do. Over 80% of the forum probably have these songs. They're just enforcing what GNR and their management requested. Don't blame them. I think the mods are doing an excellent job of keeping the forum under control.

Censorship? That's going a bit far... We're allowed to discuss these leaks. Isn't that good enough? Stop whining that you got a warning. If you read the mods rules on these leaks then you would have noticed that people requesting/sharing songs will be dealt with. Just feel lucky you haven't been put in read-only. If you're not going to break anymore rules in this forum then the warning you received will do no harm.

I know it´s easy to go around this problem but the problem is still there if you see what I mean? Posts getting erased etc. Wtf?

Posts are being erased because it clogs up threads when random pieces of shit just say ''Can someone send me the song at iamadick@aol.com'' etc. The moderating team are doing a good job of cleaning up threads so we can keep discussions on topic and so scroungers who only join the forum to get the songs don't get away with it.

Has madison ever contacted Merck asking if it was ok to share GN\'R bootlegs here? I don\'t see how that\'s different from sharing leaked tracks. I bet if anyone asked him he\'d say to stop sharing them and if this forum is so keen on respecting what he says the Download section would have to be shut down.

Has madison ever contacted Merck asking if it was ok to share GN\'R bootlegs here? I don\'t see how that\'s different from sharing leaked tracks. I bet if anyone asked him he\'d say to stop sharing them and if this forum is so keen on respecting what he says the Download section would have to be shut down.

Haven't had enough stirring up 'controversy' here gnr>everything? For someone that wanted to be unregistered, you're sure hanging around a lot. :rolleyes:

Strictly speaking, bootlegs and the sharing of them are illegal - but the majority of bands don't mind it (Metallica even encourage it), as long as nothing official is shared. Happy? :devil:

Thanks for the support btw guys. :krider:

Has madison ever contacted Merck asking if it was ok to share GN\\\\\\\'R bootlegs here? I don\\\\\\\'t see how that\\\\\\\'s different from sharing leaked tracks. I bet if anyone asked him he\\\\\\\'d say to stop sharing them and if this forum is so keen on respecting what he says the Download section would have to be shut down.

Haven\\\'t had enough stirring up \\\'controversy\\\' here gnr>everything? For someone that wanted to be unregistered, you\\\'re sure hanging around a lot. :rolleyes:

Strictly speaking, bootlegs and the sharing of them are illegal - but the majority of bands don\\\'t mind it (Metallica even encourage it), as long as nothing official is shared. Happy? :devil:

Thanks for the support btw guys. :krider:

You aren\\\'t Merck so no, I\\\'m not happy with that explanation. :rolleyes:

Edited by ChiDem

Mods and Admins > You

No no

Mods and admins their penises > your penis :P

Or to complete it all:

username's penis > Mods and admins their penises > your penis :P

hahahhaha!!! :rofl-lol::laugh:

pwn3d!!1!

Edited by JDRM

Mods and Admins > You

No no

Mods and admins their penises > your penis :P

Or to complete it all:

username's penis > Mods and admins their penises > your penis :P

:lol: Yea, I have to say good job on the most part for the mods for all the shit they have to clean up and take, you'd think that they are toilets :P

BTW Username, I hope you weren't talking about Madison in that post :scared:

I have quick question about requests for the songs..

Say your talking in a topic. Staying on topic, discussing whatevers in the thread. And you shrewdly ask for a pm at the end or whatever. Would that merit a warning? Or are warnings for striclty posts that are like.. only asking for the leaks?

I have quick question about requests for the songs..

Say your talking in a topic. Staying on topic, discussing whatevers in the thread. And you shrewdly ask for a pm at the end or whatever. Would that merit a warning? Or are warnings for striclty posts that are like.. only asking for the leaks?

I don't see why you don't just send someone a pm who is online. I've had loads of people do that to me...