Adapting set lists for gigs

Follow Your Illusion

Not sure where to post this but I suppose it can be applied to more than the announced dates.

Do you think the band will change the set list of songs to fit in and please the crowd for a specific gig?

Fans at the download festival are used to and are probably expecting some heavy metal and rock music, songs like November rain and new songs like T.W.A.T may not be as well received by the download crowd as they won,t be as fitting with the rest of the festival.

Rio has a far wider audience and I think any song would be well received, maybe they will change the set list from Rio to a more hardcore rock oriented selection of songs for Download.

The Dublin gig may have a changed set list again as since it's a GNR only gig its going to be populated by fans that will take any music given to them!

Your thoughts?

Although I could have said the exact same thing for the 2002 North American/European tour, I can't possibly imagine Axl playing the same old set list. If they were only going to play the same songs as last time, what was the point of waiting four years to do that? Why suddenly, in 2006, not 2005 or 2004, did they decide to hit the road and play some shows? The only possible reason could be to simply show they are still together, but Axl hasn't seemed too concerned about that in the last four years. I think they are touring this time to play new songs based upon a release sometime in the near future. The 2001 shows were just a way to get some new material out and show off the new band. The 2002 shows were baffling, actually, as it was billed the "Chinese Democracy" World Tour, but I think and hope this time will be different.

Well since this is the 2006 tour... im absolutely sure they will play something different (old song) from 2002. Something from UYI. Maybe Dont Cry and/or Civil War.... They will not play the same setlist (with a couple of new songs) again...

I wonder if they play something completely new. Or even the new single? I heard alot of Illusion live b4 it came out and to be honest I didnt really hear it. It's hard to get into something you've only heard once. But maybe that's wear these leaks come in useful. Prepare fans for new shows alittle. They can say hey have u heard new stuff?