Ride the lightning is absolute fucking perfection!

sabre

Damn, I don't know where to begin.... I will admit, yes, MOP is the pinnacle of metal albums. However, RTL is my favorite Metallica album. The songs are so diverse, yet they flow amazingly well. The song writing and musicianship is top-notch. The dynamics of this album are amazing. In almost 20 years of being a Metallica fan, this album has not once provided a dull moment for me.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Never in my life did I ever think Master of Puppets was as good as any other Metallica album of the 80's, especially Ride the Lightning and Justice. RTL is better than MOP by miles.

don't forget about ....and justice for all! B)

that is just a straight ass-kickin album from beginning to end...

Metallica's best.

RTL is good. But it's not perfect. The only perfet albums are "Best of UB40" & AFD.

Ride The lightning is ten times better than AFD

Agreed.

Metallica really took a turn with RTL, they became the heaviest band around with it. They inspired bands such as Slayer to play faster and heavier (and thus we hada whole new genre of Metal open). It's my favourite Metallica album and i would rate it in the top 5 best Metal albums ever.

Ride the Lighting, For Whom the Bell Tolls & Fade to Black - best 3 in a row ever.

Metallica sucks. :)

I'm guessing you've heard about as much Metallica as you have Genesis? :rolleyes:

Ride The Lightning is my favourite Metallica album. It was the first one I listened to, and the first album that opened my eyes to metal.

Gotta love James' vocals on the title track. Just awesome. rock3

I would say it's the best Metallica album. Kill em all, RTL, and MOP are the best ones but out of those.....LIGHTNING

that's exactly what i was going to say!

which instrumental is better though? Ktulu or Orion? i like Orion, but RTL is a better overall album, IMO.

Edited by artfromtex

Never in my life did I ever think Master of Puppets was as good as any other Metallica album of the 80's, especially Ride the Lightning and Justice. RTL is better than MOP by miles.

Correcto.

It's by no means perfect though.

Edited by Genesis

Correcto.

It's by no means perfect though.

Yes, certainly not perfect and I don't think Metallica ever made anything perfect.

RTL is good. But it's not perfect. The only perfet albums are "Best of UB40" & AFD.

Ride The lightning is ten times better than AFD

i see that u keep changing your opinion every month as your musical knowledge increases :lol:

next u'll say rust in peace owns ride the lightning

ps - AFD rock3rock3 all ove ride the lightning