The entire album is going to leak before it is released

Kaneda

This is the age of file sharing and Axl Rose has to know this. I think it's quite obvious why these leaks are occuring, other people are getting their hands on the material and sharing the files. The closer we get to the album, the more and more leaks will occur. And it's only a matter of time before bam, tracks 1-13 off of Chiense D will pop up somewhere on the internet. And then they will spread like wildfire through every Kazaa, message board and online community sites. Every major artists has had to deal with this fact recently and Axl will not be any exception. In fact, with Axl's reluctancy to release new material, file sharers are even more into spoiling his parade.

Axl claims to have all of this new material, that's great. But once it leaves the hiding spot under his bed, it's going to leak. It only takes 5 minutes for someone at the record plant, the mixing studio, the label, to upload the songs to an iPod and then share it with the world. I think we will be hearing all of Chinese D over the web over the next couple of months...when we finally pop in the CD, nothing on it will be new or heard for the first time. Sort of a shame, but sort of Axl's fault too for making us wait so long. I'll take the new music in whatever form it comes in. I will still buy the CD, but I will also download whatever new songs hit the web. It's 2006, piracy rules!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

Actually, I know a lot of people (including me) that won´t give in and listen if it gets leaked.......

Leaked albums suck. some leaked demos are okay.

Actually, I know a lot of people (including me) that won´t give in and listen if it gets leaked.......

Nobody can prevent an album from leaking in today's world. It's just the nature of the business. CD will eventually leak (when it goes into printing.) You'll all have it soon enough.

Guest siliconmessiah

From a consumer point of view, what the difference between a 'leaked' album and buying it in stores? Other than you paying for it.

there's a diference.

It’s like comparing masturbation with sex

And we all know what´s best...and worth to wait "a few weeks" for.

you guys are talking out of your arses..

the leaks could have came from almost anywhere. you don´t even know, whether those leaks aren´t part of the promo campaign. even though beeing in the internet age most record labels found ways to protect their media.

nowerdays you don´t get advanced copies of big artist´s upcoming albums; journalists are getting invited to pre listening sessions.

just take a look on the upcoming red hot chili peppers album "Stadium Arcadium". The release of the album is less than 2 months aways and so for no tracks have leaked. the big labels know the risks

I am not a big fan of Mp3's and mpeg formats. I like my music to play at cd quality. So I would always buy the album anyway. On a nice hi-fi stereo there is a HUGE difference between cd and compressed files. But I do agree, he need to be vigilant about this release.

I´m gonna listen to it if it leaks. Why does that suck? If you like the music you´ll enjoy it in any format. The only thing with GUns N´Roses is that I´ll buy the album even if I think it sucks. :D

so waht if it leaks....Axl doesnt care about the money anyway! he doin it for fun and pleasure..people will buy the album anyway!

the only differens is that you can listen to it before its official..

Maybe Axl does not care about the money, but I bet the record label who financed the album does... :rolleyes:

agreed

what makes people more and more desperate is the fact that the GNR camp don´t update the status of CD, man, Axl may be recording stuffs yet !! people (including me ) are thinking "whatahell, I´ll download this shit because who knows when Ax´s will gona release the damn cd, ok, I´ll buy of course, but I don´t know what´s going on with his band anymore, so, let me check these leaked songs" ... you know?

"hair´s breath" , "next time I´m here the CD will be out" is the PAST

Why does anyone buy a real porsche, Viper or any exoctic car when there are kit cars out there for much less. They look the same? but are they?

The CD is the Real Deal, Best sounding version there is. You get the notes and extras that any fan may care about. I think it is the fringe or casual fans that won't really care, or those that don't care about hearing every nuance of the performance.

When I DJ, and go from a CD to a 128 bit MP3 I think even my grandmother can tell the difference in quality.

if the whole thing leaks, and the release is imminent, I'm waiting.

March 09, Morning

Daily Light

The living God giveth us richly all things to enjoy.

Beware that thou forget not the Lord thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day: lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein; ... then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the Lord thy God: ... for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth.

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. They got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.

1 Tim. 6:17. Deut. 8:11,12,14,18. Ps. 127:1,2. Ps. 44:3. Ps. 4:6.

March 09, Evening

Daily Light

They sang as it were a new song.

A new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us. Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour. By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast.

Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation. I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, ... cried ... saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev. 14:3. Heb. 10:20. Titus 3:5,6. Eph. 2:8,9. Ps. 115:1. Rev. 1:5. Rev. 5:9. Rev. 7:9,10.

What I don't understand is how there is not an official release date set yet, but they are booking tour dates...

That's the million dollar question ain't it... When will a release date be set and how? I just can't imagine how it can be done. Will they do a guest performance and Axl shouts out a date? I dunno... we will hopefully see within the next few weeks.