Axl mentioned again on Conan

Madagascar88

well...

Conan just did a segment called "New US Stamps"

in it... he talked about a new series of stamps called "White Trash on White Trash"

and basically... the stamps were of "Kevin Federline with Used White Towels",

one with Axl Rose carrying something, and one with "Axl Rose & Kevin Federline picking Anna Nicole Smith out of a trash can"

lol...

looks like Axl's still a big name after not appearing in public for 13 years, huh?

wow... what other famous person can say that he/she is still included in segments like this after not doing anything publically for so long?

Edited by Madagascar88

Guest Matt13
Conan O'Brien is a big fan of the original Guns N' Roses..

A couple of years ago,.. I believe Slash co-hosted a few episodes..

-Kickingthehabit

I believe that was on the Jimmy Kimmel show on ABC. Conan doesn't have 'guest hosts'.

-Kickingthehabit

I believe that was on the Jimmy Kimmel show on ABC. Conan doesn't have 'guest hosts'.

It happened in 2001..

I don't have the original dates of when the episodes aired..

Initially, Slash had an interview.. and Conan invited him back a few weeks later to play with the band.

During that show, Slash asked the guests a few questions..

Later, he was in a skit called 'Secrets'.. if memory serves correct.

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

no... it was Conan. Slash did "co-host" a show that I remember... it was the same show that Conan did his version of the snake dance and did his immitation of Axl's singing of "Knockin' on Heavens Door"

no... it was Conan. Slash did "co-host" a show that I remember... it was the same show that Conan did his version of the snake dance and did his immitation of Axl's singing of "Knockin' on Heavens Door"

Is there footage of this? I really would love to see it

It was both actually. Slash was on Jimmy Kimmels for an entire week co-hosting. It was the second or third week that Kimmel was on the air. But he also did a stint on Conan as well.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Axl Rose and Conan O'Brien are actually both from the same town in Indiana.

So... also the same town that Izzy and Shannon Hoon are from.

here's the clip of Slash on Conan O'Brien.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2V27TD0...MT0U1ABBAKFCXL2

I'm pretty sure that Conan is from Boston... Not 100% on this, but Conan mentions this almost every show.

Axl was mentioned on Late Night with Conan O'Brien last night. They were talking about the new US stamps that were comming out and they had a series called white trash holding white trash. The first was Kevin Fedderline holding some paper towels. Then it was Axl holding empty milk jugs. And the last was Axl and Kevin holding anna nicole smith.

what other famous person can say that he/she is still included in segments like this after not doing anything publically for so long?

MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice?

hmm... good call. only they are ripped on as jokes in the music industry. the jokes on Axl by Conan are more so in a respectful manner (dont ask why I think calling him white trash is respectful)

Ahh come on, Conan's just doing his job. Whatever celebs are in the news are pretty much fair game. Ain't this a GOOD sign?

And don't bash Conan. Best late night out there imo. rock3

yea... I'd ranked it:

1) Conan

2) Leno

3) Kimmel

4) Letterman

5) Carson

6) Ferguson