Best Rock Keyboardist?

johnezz

Whos the best?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well?

While everyone on the list is quite talented, i reakon none compare to Keith Emerson, he is one of the most talented musicians ever on any instrument. How he can play Snyth with one hand and Organ with the other, both hands doing different things and both improvised off the cuff is mind blowing. Plus his use of snyth was revolutionary. Tony Banks is awesome too, same with Jon Lord who both have some great solos.

I'd love Wright because of his very early pioneer work with the synthersizer. Don't know if he's also the most tallented/best in the list though. Too many others I don't know well enough.

Rick was great, he expirmented with using keyboards to add "atmosphere" to music, just think of Floyd songs without Rick, it would sound completely hollow and empty.

I'm pretty sure the first ever album to have Snyth on it was "Who's Next" by The Who.

Guest Jungle Blood

Jon Lord by far.

Listen to Highway Star or any other Purple song, and you shall understand the greatness of Jon Lord.

The solo in Highway Star glaalalalala....

Why is not Dizzy on the list? ;)

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I gotta go with Mr. Jon Lord, his playing almost eclipses Blackmore in Deep Purple.

Seems to me that Lord's creative influence is everything I don't like about the group to be honest.

I gotta go with Mr. Jon Lord, his playing almost eclipses Blackmore in Deep Purple.

Seems to me that Lord's creative influence is everything I don't like about the group to be honest.

It wouldn't be Purple without Lord though. Don Airey is working his ass off trying to replace Jon but it's not happening...