Is it a matter of time before we hear some rap....?

Cold-Heart-Breaker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Layzie Bone has either sampled or recorded a version of WTTJ called 'Welcome 2 My Jungle' as far as what Layzie has said in interviews both Slash and Axl had involvment in it's production - to what degree i don't know.

It was played live last year by Bone Thugs, but no recording exists.

As Bono said last year, 'we're in the age of Hip Hop' look at the stuff that's been released in the last 15 years (since UYI) - Nas' 'Illmatic', Jay-Z's 'Blueprint', Biggie, Pac, The Fugees, The Roots, Em, Common, Kanye.....

GNR were the last great hard rock band - if CD doesn't have the energy or vitality that hip hop has at the moment Axl's in trouble, and based on the leaks, he's in serious trouble.

He is dressing himself like a gangsta rapper, he likes rap music allot. So why not?

I love old skool rap music like: NWA, early snoop and dre, pac, public enemy etc.

Some of you idiots sounds like 50 year olds with lines like rap is no music. Fucking idiots.

:D Great man

As long as Axl doesn't sound "tragically white" I'm down with some GNR hip hop

He is dressing himself like a gangsta rapper, he likes rap music allot. So why not?

I love old skool rap music like: NWA, early snoop and dre, pac, public enemy etc.

Some of you idiots sounds like 50 year olds with lines like rap is no music. Fucking idiots.

I forgot to add that i don't think Axl is a good rapper. :(

I forgot to add that i don't think Axl is a good rapper. :(

He's got to be better than what this shmuck wrote

Stop bein so wack, and accept that rap is crap, i suggest you take a nap.

Tragically white, case in point

Hope not, unless it's something like "You Could be Mine". The part where Axl goes: don't forget to call my lawyers, and so on. Thats cool, but is that really rap?

Hope it's Just a GNFR badass album! rock1

No.That's not really rap there. P.City. he's rapping.

I can just hear Axl doing a rap, he'd kick it like this.

Get in the ring Part 2

Yo my name is Axl

They call me the Howard Hughes of Rock

All You Bitches can suck my Cock

I had to kick it old school on Slash and Duff

The shit they were rockin just wasn't good enough

Scotty Weiland get in the ring

Cuz Uncle Axl's goona fucking punch ya in the Ding-A-Ling

My World is complete DOGSHIT. If I was Slash, Duff, or Izzy I would have left on the spot. How fecking embarrasing. Almost as bad as Get in the Ring. 2 HUGE pipmles on UYI 1 and 2.

My World is a great song So is get in the ring. Stop bashing those songs. This is a G N R message broad.

EDIT: Basically what Almost Famous said. You can't judge all of rap by the crap that's out there today.

Possibly the only time we've ever agreed on something...

My World is complete DOGSHIT. If I was Slash, Duff, or Izzy I would have left on the spot. How fecking embarrasing. Almost as bad as Get in the Ring. 2 HUGE pipmles on UYI 1 and 2.

My World is a great song So is get in the ring. Stop bashing those songs. This is a G N R message broad.

My World is my 3rd favorite from UYI II.

As long as Axl isn´t holding the mic for the rap parts I guess I have no problem with a GN´R song that would include it. But I hope he chooses the rap artist carefully. Maybe do like NIN and invite Saul Williams who has both a good voice and great talent.