Former GNR manger speaks! Axl wrote most of

usjc001

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A true reunion would include West Arkeen (RIP) writing some songs as well, but I'll take what I can get...

Do we know why he is the ex-manager?

Does they way he was sacked or resigned effect the validity of his comments?

Niven didn't put up with Axl's prima donna behavior. Since he didn't go along with Axl, he was fired against the band's wishes (they all wanted Niven to stay but Axl did what he wanted). That in effect was one of the final straws that pushed Izzy out of the band and caused tension between Axl and Slash/Duff....

Alan Niven is one of the major reasons GnR became the biggest band in the world, he knew exactly how to promote them. They were at the top of their game when Niven was on board.

So the man that Axl fired ( long list there ) says Axl is correct about Scit Woland!

We know Niven can spot talent yet he can't see any in Woland?

Seems like Axl isn't Scits only enemy!

Just seems like odd timing to come out with this revelation or opinion :drevil:

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

I have a feeling this may be fake - anyone notice that "weiland" is spelled "weilland" the whole time? I doubt such an intelligent and well-written note, if truly written by Niven, would misspell "Weiland" throughout the letter.

I have a feeling this may be fake - anyone notice that "weiland" is spelled "weilland" the whole time? I doubt such an intelligent and well-written note, if truly written by Niven, would misspell "Weiland" throughout the letter.

True. :unsure:

Alan Niven is one of the major reasons GnR became the biggest band in the world, he knew exactly how to promote them. They were at the top of their game when Niven was on board.

I couldn't agree more with you.

The part that i don't get is why Niven is doing this? He must have an agenda or something

In the last Vegas show Axl didn't say nice things about him

ahhh finally to the guitar people...Axl did wrote almost afd...

LYRICS AND MELODY...its the most importent thing you can easly make a riff out from that.

Ahhh finally to the Axl people...Axl was a contributor on AFD...wrote some of the LYRICS and MELODY...an important note is that Izzy wrote or co-wrote almost every song on the album and not one song is solely credited to Axl despite his efforts to take credit for them, but there are songs he had NOTHING to do with.

The thing that's easy isn't writing the riffs, it's taking all the credit now that none of the other contributors are around to stop him. Axl has always been out of control and forced his will on GnR until the others left as a result...and if you think 13 years of silence is a good thing, then you were never a GnR fan to begin with.

Every post you make makes you look more and more foolish. Educate yourself prior to making more dumbass statements. There are numerous resources out there for you...read up. :book:

I think he was talking about Doug Gouldstine (sp?)

LYRICS AND MELODY...its the most importent thing you can easly make a riff out from that.

So you're still on your mission of getting into Axl's ass??

Soooooo..............what's Alan Niven do for employment nowadays??? :rolleyes:

Apparently bitch-slapping Scotty-boy is his new gig!

PWN3D!!!!

It's gotta hurt, Da.... I know you're hurting today. GN'R's former manager, who is no personal buddy of Axl's, pretty much threw Slash under the bus AND waxed Weiland's bitch-ass in one "MAGNIFICENT" swoop!! HA!!! B)

Edited by rocketking

Ahhh finally to the Axl people...Axl was a contributor on AFD...wrote some of the LYRICS and MELODY...an important note is that Izzy wrote or co-wrote almost every song on the album and not one song is solely credited to Axl despite his efforts to take credit for them, but there are songs he had NOTHING to do with.

The thing that's easy isn't writing the riffs, it's taking all the credit now that none of the other contributors are around to stop him. Axl has always been out of control and forced his will on GnR until the others left as a result...and if you think 13 years of silence is a good thing, then you were never a GnR fan to begin with.

Every post you make makes you look more and more foolish. Educate yourself prior to making more dumbass statements. There are numerous resources out there for you...read up. :book:

well put, some people have trouble seeing that it was a group effort.

When certain people started getting their way more, it all fell apart.

I think he was talking about Doug Gouldstine (sp?)

Yeah he was talking about how Doug Goldstein was screwing up things the same way Niven did. It was when Axl said he didn't know he had a tour and stuff like that

some of you are so fucking stupid...

I know as well as you that axl was a contributor..But none of you are giving him any credit..Only thing we got around is "slash is so cool he made scom blblba nr fucking awsome solo" , "yeah and izzy is the reason they broke up his the only one who could write in the band.." . You never says that axl co wrote the songs.

So someone has to be on his side. As we all know he did the most of the job...But there is so many haters out there

I know as well as you that axl was a contributor..But none of you are giving him any credit..Only thing we got around is "slash is so cool he made scom blblba nr fucking awsome solo" , "yeah and izzy is the reason they broke up his the only one who could write in the band.." . You never says that axl co wrote the songs.

So someone has to be on his side. As we all know he did the most of the job...But there is so many haters out there

Find one post where I said Axl didn't do anything good for GnR...and we don't all know he did most of the job (though you could make a case for that).

again watch your mouth.

nobody is taking any credit away from Axl.

But you're not giving the other guys any.

Well we already know Axl is the heart and soul of GNR. Its cool to see someone who was heavily involved with the band in the old days clarify that for us :)

fuck a reunion tho.

"fuck a reunion tho." I dispise you sometimes :fuckyou: ONTOPIC: this is really great I hope it's true but I highly doubt that it is because of the misspelling of Scott's Name

Edited by coolio GNR

Well we already know Axl is the heart and soul of GNR. Its cool to see someone who was heavily involved with the band in the old days clarify that for us :)

fuck a reunion tho.

"fuck a reunion tho." I dispise you sometimes :fuckyou: ONTOPIC: this is really great I hope it's true but I highly doubt that it is because of the misspelling of Scott's Name

He's not the only one who does not want a reunion ;)

Some of us don't act like cunts about it though, he gives Axlites a bad name :unsure:

I saw VR here in Vancouver, and I was really excited to finally be able to see Slash and Duff play. I never got to see them play back in high school. I never much cared for Matt, he didn't even figure into the equation for me. But Scott was a total fuck up. He screwed the lyrics up at least three times, and stammered a few others. Then he went off on this Axl copycat rant for what seemed like an eternity about 'consumerism' and the 'establishment trying to stop Rock n Roll' it was stupid. Slash looked miffed and mortified and he kept looking up at Scott and trying to cover up for him with his riffs. Duff however tripped and fell over his guitar cord and jumped back up quickly. He didn't miss a note too. That was impressive. I left thinking shit, I didn't miss nothing back then, but then again, my heartthrob and main talent, wasn't present. I'd never go see VR again. But, I would go see Guns N' New Roses in a second. I totally agree with you, Niven and Slash, Scott is a fraud.

rock3

Kalahari, that was a good post too.... a little wordy, but still a good post. Ha.

Edited by rocketking