Chinese Democracy

JONEZY

When this album is "finally" released, what do you think will be in the liner notes?

In 1986 "Boston" released their 3rd album, 7 years after their 2nd album. Their first 2 were huge hits, and then we had to wait what seemed to be a long time for the 3rd. Every one in the band left except for Tom Scholz and Brad Delp. When it was released, Scholz gave detailed descriptions about all the songs, when they were written, recorded, tweaked, etc....

Since Chinese Democracy has been in the works for at least 10 years, do you think Axl will give detailed descriptions about when each song was recorded, tweaked, etc. I know he'll list who played what, who wrote what, etc...

And it will be very interesting to hear who he rips on ie: Buckethead

do you think Axl will give detailed descriptions about when each song was recorded, tweaked, etc. I know he'll list who played what, who wrote what, etc...

Probably not.

Did he do that in the Live Era booklet ?

No, but he put pictures of Shannon Hoon, Alice Cooper, etc on the Use Your Illusion CD's, and lets not forget the famous "St. Louis sucks". Besides, things were in limbo when Live Era came out. He's gotta credit the current members for Chinese Democracy don't ya think? And Axl is apparently not too fond of the internet, so I doubt he'll post a detailed liner notes for the fans to read on GnR's website, but who knows.

I imagine Axl is leaving Buckethead's parts on the album and if so I think it'd be a good idea for Axl to give him plenty of credit in the liner notes. Axl can then tempt him back to the band with a long line of Haloween DVDs leading all the way to a big propped up box in Axl's mansion with a string attached to it..... BAM!

GOTCHA!

Edited by PurpleHaze

When this album is "finally" released, what do you think will be in the liner notes?

In 1986 "Boston" released their 3rd album, 7 years after their 2nd album. Their first 2 were huge hits, and then we had to wait what seemed to be a long time for the 3rd. Every one in the band left except for Tom Scholz and Brad Delp. When it was released, Scholz gave detailed descriptions about all the songs, when they were written, recorded, tweaked, etc....

Since Chinese Democracy has been in the works for at least 10 years, do you think Axl will give detailed descriptions about when each song was recorded, tweaked, etc. I know he'll list who played what, who wrote what, etc...

Did I really just read a comparison between Boston and GNR? I have "more than a feeling" that such comparisons are nutty.

PS- I am hilarious.

Did I really just read a comparison between Boston and GNR? I have "more than a feeling" that such comparisons are nutty.

PS- I am hilarious.

The only comparison I'm making between the 2 bands is the long delay between albums. And like it or not, Boston was a huge band in the 70's and 80's.

I'm a huge Boston fan. Although both "Boston" and "Don't Look Back" are excellent and legendary albums, in the time they took to record and produce(not long at all) the band was able to accomplish more musically through them, and are therefore more enjoyable. "Third Stage" is ridiculously mediocre, as with the rest of their attempts, "Corporate America" and "Walk On".

That being said, you cannot compare the two bands. They are and were completely different in their own respects.

I think it would be cool if there were clippings of all the wildest rumors about Axl and the new album dating from 1993 all the way to some of the posts on this message board... as the background imagery.