Lack of Communication

Guest Facekicker

Guest RonMexico82

There really is no excuse. If its part of some elaborate marketing campaign then I feel that it is backfiring big time. I don't necessarily blame Axl as I feel that he has enough shit to deal with.

We the fans should contact the management and ask for some acknowledgement. We don't have to be rude about it.

I must admit that we will no doubt get nowhere if we did try but at least it would be better than just bitching about no communication. Heck I would settle for the following from Merck or whoever:

"Axl is looking forward to the new tour, he is currently in New York wrapping up the final details for the albums release. You will hear more about it from Axl during the shows this summer."

Now would that be hard?

Deleting this thread would be ignorant and serve no purpose other than to admit that this forum does not allow fair and balanced discussion.

In responding to this may I point out that petty insults and childish bullshit serves no purpose whatsoever. I think this is a fair issue.

Your opinion please?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan it would be great to hear something and it's frustrating that we haven't.

But in reality, Merck's strategy is not about giving the hardcore fans the inside edge on what's going on in the GnR camp.

While your post was well written, I get sick of the "I could do better management than Merck" type comments. The fact is that we really don't know why no announcement has been made. It could be because we've already been down the "The album is nearly ready" path. What if Merck said that it's just about ready and will be out before the tour and then it got delayed again for some reason? Let's face it, outside of the fan base the credibility of Axl and Chi-Dem is pretty weak, yet it's the non-hardcore fans that should be the target market. Merck knows that the hardcore fans are sold on Chi-Dem, it's the casual and even non fans that he needs to sell this to, and it might be that maintaining silence on the whole subject right now is part of his strategy for that market.

There's a much bigger picture than targeting the hardcore fans, that's the point. And for us it can be difficult to see the forest for the trees.

There is no annoucement or information because they really just don't know. Merk is juggling a lot of shit. I am sure it is not easy to get any definates from Axl. I guarantee there is still some work to be done on the cd before it consumer ready. And I am sure we wont see it untill at least August.

There really is no excuse. If its part of some elaborate marketing campaign then I feel that it is backfiring big time. I don't necessarily blame Axl as I feel that he has enough shit to deal with.

We the fans should contact the management and ask for some acknowledgement. We don't have to be rude about it.

I must admit that we will no doubt get nowhere if we did try but at least it would be better than just bitching about no communication. Heck I would settle for the following from Merck or whoever:

"Axl is looking forward to the new tour, he is currently in New York wrapping up the final details for the albums release. You will hear more about it from Axl during the shows this summer."

Now would that be hard?

Deleting this thread would be ignorant and serve no purpose other than to admit that this forum does not allow fair and balanced discussion.

In responding to this may I point out that petty insults and childish bullshit serves no purpose whatsoever. I think this is a fair issue.

Your opinion please?

Welcome to the Jungle.

f' your enemy: great post!

people need to get over this shit already. this guy actually posted this at more than one forum.... just someone trying to whine and complain on a massive basis

Get real, this is how it is. If you don't like it, go like another band. Or how about this? Live your life, and when the record does come out, you'll hear about it.

I don't remember Axl telling you to sit around GNR forums and wait for him.

I never thought I'd disagree with someone who had a Hunter icon, you should spend more time complaining about the fact that the US Government murdered him to prevent him from releasing an article exposes the US's 911 involvement.

Edited by rainX

f' your enemy: great post!

Yeah.. Thanks dude... I feel that title alone somes up all of these cry baby threads. Sadly I have to type that tile several times a week!

you should spend more time complaining about the fact that the US Government murdered him to prevent him from releasing an article exposes the US's 911 involvement.

Now there is a great thread waiting to happen.

wah! wah! :(

mommy mommy, my favorite band won't talk to me! my life can't continue!

:laugh::laugh:

I'm starting to like you more and more Rain. :D

As for the original topic - they will make a statement when everything is confirmed and etched in stone. If they issued a statement - and then plans or circumstances changed - fans would go ballistic. How many times have we seen fans drag out old statements made by Axl or members of the GNR camp when the planned events didn't happen? Please - the last thing they want to do is mislead fans. So, they're being careful until all their "ducks are in a row." jmo.

I think people are complaining to much. I love this band very much but all this nagging and bitching is getting old. We will hear news when there is something to be said until then people need to stop chasing the rats in their heads and relax. all these post on lack of communication or a statement is annoying more annoying then not getting any statement ect. :book:

I wouldn't personally call this a marketing strategy. I just think it's a case of management and Axl being stubborn and not really worrying about their fans' opinions during the completion of the album. He realizes that the fans will come back regardless of their communication or lack of it, so they see no point in contacting the fans every once in a while and giving them a quick rundown of their situation. It's not a good idea.

I wouldn't personally call this a marketing strategy. I just think it's a case of management and Axl being stubborn and not really worrying about their fans' opinions during the completion of the album. He realizes that the fans will come back regardless of their communication or lack of it, so they see no point in contacting the fans every once in a while and giving them a quick rundown of their situation. It's not a good idea.

It would be the stupidest strategy in the history of the world. It does not make sense. Especially after what happened in 2002. Believe it or not, one day you will wake up and find out that Axl Rose and crew have made an announcement. There is a release date...

Chinese Democracy will be big. "Gaby Hayes big."

I'm not complaining; it's not my business what's going on in the GNR camp. I know that they don't owe me anything... However, I don't know of many bands that keep their fans in the dark and waiting like this. It's certainly not the road I would take if it were my band and I was trying to make a come-back after all these years. But again, it's not my business. I'm sure Axl & co. know what they're doing. :book:

I'm not complaining; it's not my business what's going on in the GNR camp. I know that they don't owe me anything... However, I don't know of many bands that keep their fans in the dark and waiting like this. It's certainly not the road I would take if it were my band and I was trying to make a come-back after all these years. But again, it's not my business. I'm sure Axl & co. know what they're doing. :book:

I don't think there is any "band" input. They are like hired musiceans for Axl's comeback... The decision making is all Axl. They are not purposely hiding a release date from us. Look how many FALSE release dates there have been? Look how many psuedo-release and tenetative release dates we got from the various members of the band. If THEY don't know at this point, NO ONE knows PERIOD.

I don't think there is any "band" input. They are like hired musiceans for Axl's comeback... The decision making is all Axl. They are not purposely hiding a release date from us. Look how many FALSE release dates there have been? Look how many psuedo-release and tenetative release dates we got from the various members of the band. If THEY don't know at this point, NO ONE knows PERIOD.

Yeah... okay... not what I was saying. Chill out.

I'm not saying they need to announce the release date, I realize there is no release date. But like someone else said a simple "we're working on the album, getting ready for the summer festivals, etc" isn't the worst thing in the world.

But like I said, it's not my business and I don't really care

Why would the GNR camp be so in the dark about everything heading into the big European tour this summer? Easy. TO CREATE HYPE. Anyone who has been a fan of GNR and the new GNR for a long time would be able to see it. Why not let people assume the CD is coming out, even though it didn't come out the last time they toured (I was there at the Toronto show)? Why not let people assume that the original line-up is getting back together? We all know how unlikely it is, but not one person here can say it will never happen because we know that one day it will. GNR fans make up their own rumours and have been doing so forever, so why not let the fans create news and hype about the band, that's always a good thing to do. In the meantime, I'm flying to Europe on May 29 to see them 3 times at Rock am Ring, Download and Novarock this year, so for me, it doesn't matter who performs as long as they show up. Would I love to see the Use You Illusion line-up on this tour, fuck ya, but I'm grounded enough not to get my hopes up. Rant over.