Axl is going to tour again with no album, obviously

Kaneda

I can agree with that. Having said that, because of the amount of time it's been you have to apply the rule of deminishing returns to those casual fans. even if they don't care if they hear new songs in concert, it's the attention of a New album droping or playing on the radio that reminds them about guns and kicks them into gear enough to buy that ticket.

I agree that there is a difference between a performer and a singer but what's great about Axl is he's talented enough to be both. Having his voice suck because of lack or being prepared would suck, I would not be excited to see him like that, but I can see your view where others might not care to appreciate him as a singer and be happy with just the performance aspect.

you're also right...more right then me in fact...

Personally...It would break my heart if he sounded like shit...ran out of breath...couldn't get a scream right...and all those things you're talking about...it really would be a sad thing to watch....after 13 years of nothing but pure belief for the man, and defending him every time some journalist takes a stab at him for (sometimes) legit reasons, I would be more than bummed out if he didn't blow Europe to pieces...

that's why I hope he fucking makes it...and makes it good...I want to sit at home anxiously waiting for RIR broadcast...and then shit my pants out of excitement when he opens up the show...

I don't want my girl to look at it and then tell me "I told you he's finished" for the umpteenth time...as this time...I may have to surrender and agree with those kinds of comments...

and if he doesn't make it....well then I will go on the whole aspect of "performer" as opposed to "singer" and try and make my case that way....

but I will be sad...very sad...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think Chinese Democracy will come just after the tour or maybe while the tour is going on... I think this is nothing else than a sign for CD...

by the way you said now he looks like an old washed man but I think he looks better now than he did in 2002

Im not a newb but here is my newb response.

Slash will tour with GNR Izzy is on the new cd . I know i sound like a retard but i think Slash rejoined in januray only Izzy and Axl and the new gnr know that. He has done all the rerecordings at axl's house and the cd is being mixed in new york now. so let my fellow Gunners bash me now !

So, what makes you think Slash and Izzy are back onboard? Do you have sources or is this just idol speculation?? :book:

I still don't see why people think Axl sounded good on every night of the Illusions tours. His voice is GREAT, but he was always hit or miss live. I don't think it was any different in the U.S. in 2002 as far as vocal quality goes than it was in the 90s.

I agree with Kaneda near enough completely, the two shows i went to in 2002 were pretty mixed, leeds was really pretty good as i thought it's the most his voice sounded like the old days all tour, but the docklands show was pretty rough, with axl struggling pretty bad with some stuff, so it's a mixed bag really...

...I do think the tour will be a complete let down as axl just struggles to cut it like he used to, plus the fact he's got that tit finck in the band.

I don't think he should play any unheard songs from chinese democracy as it'd be pointless as the obvious thing is that nobody would know them, i really did think the album would be out before the tour but once again axl has let us down, i hope it all isn't a big anti-climax, but it could pretty well be.

Still i'll keep my hope alive.

This tour will be cancelled halfway through, because Axl will fail to show up. Furthermore, marketing and promotion agencies will finally realize that a gamble on Axl Rose will always score them a loss. Axl is about as reliable as the weather.

This tour is a joke. I doubt it will get very far before it implodes on itself and Axl Rose seeks refuge for good. The man has waited far too long, disappointed us far too much and cared too little to even matter anymore.

I for one am disappointed in him, but he has made it his point on multiple occasions that he does not share any empathy towards our feelings, and has always preached that he does what he wants, how he wants and when he wants, regardless of what we as fans think or feel he should do. He has also pointed out that he doesn't care how people view him, or what people think of him.

I hate to say it, but there is no hope in Axl Rose.

This tour will be cancelled halfway through, because Axl will fail to show up. Furthermore, marketing and promotion agencies will finally realize that a gamble on Axl Rose will always score them a loss. Axl is about as reliable as the weather.

This tour is a joke. I doubt it will get very far before it implodes on itself and Axl Rose seeks refuge for good. The man has waited far too long, disappointed us far too much and cared too little to even matter anymore.

I for one am disappointed in him, but he has made it his point on multiple occasions that he does not share any empathy towards our feelings, and has always preached that he does what he wants, how he wants and when he wants, regardless of what we as fans think or feel he should do. He has also pointed out that he doesn't care how people view him, or what people think of him.

The sky is falling and the world is coming to an end. In 2000, all the computers will crash and there's an evil satanic kitten that is wreaking destruction across the world. Nostradamas said that tomorrow will be the End of Days.

I hate to say it, but you don't know what you're talking about. Have a nice day.

The only worrying part is that some of the summer shows are very close together and I bet Axl is not too chuffed at singing on the 28th of June in Norway and having no time to recover as the following day he is back on stage in Denmark.

Wed 6/28 Oslo, Norway Oslo Spektrum

Thu 6/29 Roskilde, Denmark Roskilde Festival

I'll let you all know, I'm seeing him in Denmark 6/29. And if he doesn't show up.. well, then he won't show up for the rest of the tour, cause we're gonna kill him :P

The sky is falling and the world is coming to an end. In 2000, all the computers will crash and there's an evil satanic kitten that is wreaking destruction across the world. Nostradamas said that tomorrow will be the End of Days.

I hate to say it, but you don't know what you're talking about. Have a nice day.

He has yet to be proven but then he has yet to be disproven, he is right about Rose's selfishness and his indifference to the fans seems to be a reoccurance, I hope your wrong Sabbra, I got fecking tickets, that said, theres no point in lying theres a very real chance of you being right

It makes no sense to me. Axl has spent all this time trying to prove that he can still make gnr modern and relevant and not just a gnr cover band with the original singer... yet he did 2002 and now it looks like another tour without a new album. Can we say hyprocrite??

Either become a nostalga act, or release a fucking album. but don't get pissed off when people say your nothing but a cover nostalga act when you don't release any new material in 15 years.

Prove it axl.

If he goes on tour without a new album he is screwed. If he plays new material, the live performance may not give the crowd the true essence of how the song should be heard, plus takes the mystery out of the long awaited album.... which equals bad crowd response and bad press.

If he plays mostly old tunes. He will get the same labels as 2002 'axl's traveling circus cover show'. the press will say he's clinging to the past, its not gnr etc etc

Either way bad press, and reviews will make axl hide under merck's skirt and run back to la, to spend another 10 years and 10 million dollars 'putting the finishing touches' on the album that will never come out.

I have tickets to the Stockholm and both of the shows in Oslo, but deep down I know the tour will be canceled.

I'm also pretty sure that Chinese democracy never will be realeased.

He has yet to be proven but then he has yet to be disproven, he is right about Rose's selfishness and his indifference to the fans seems to be a reoccurance, I hope your wrong Sabbra, I got fecking tickets, that said, theres no point in lying theres a very real chance of you being right

So, conjecture from random people has to be proven or disproven. It is his opinion, and his opinion shows a lack of faith. He doesn't know what he's talking about because he is conjecturing from fact, but from emotion (disappointment) It's not a matter of whether he ends up being right or wrong, but a matter of speaking from ignorance.

So, conjecture from random people has to be proven or disproven. It is his opinion, and his opinion shows a lack of faith. He doesn't know what he's talking about because he is conjecturing from fact, but from emotion (disappointment) It's not a matter of whether he ends up being right or wrong, but a matter of speaking from ignorance.

its seems to me he is forming a profile of the man, I save faith for God, i bought a ticket thats enough faith for me, past history can be used to draw upon possible outcomes in the future, my point was you dismissed him too readily, what he said may or may not happen, the behaviour he describes his consistant with Axl,

He is not therefore speaking from ignorance but rather basing an assumption on past experience, if there was a murder in an area and ex con (who commited a murder in the past)living in the area, the police would not be out of line in pursuing a line of enquiry to see a connection between the victim and the ex con, its common sense reasoning

its seems to me he is forming a profile of the man, I save faith for God, i bought a ticket thats enough faith for me, past history can be used to draw upon possible outcomes in the future, my point was you dismissed him too readily, what he said may or may not happen, the behaviour he describes his consistant with Axl,

He is not therefore speaking from ignorance but rather basing an assumption on past experience, if there was a murder in an area and ex con (who commited a murder in the past)living in the area, the police would not be out of line in pursuing a line of enquiry to see a connection between the victim and the ex con, its common sense reasoning

So, you save faith for god, but compare Axl's "profile" on showing for concerts to police questioning ex-cons for murder... interesting. Hardly commonsensical to compare making unfounded conclusions in order to decide on the future of a tour vs. protecting the public safety. Apples and oranges, I think they call it.

He is speaking from ignorance because past transgressions in this matter have no bearing on future results. There were reasons for the cancellation of the shows that were cancelled in the past. Those reasons may or may not exist this time around. However, again, his knowledge of the dynamics of this tour does not factor into the conclusions that he's made. He is not only speaking from ignorance, but from, it seems, bitterness. Also, his language is inflammatory... eg. "This tour is a joke" "Axl Rose seeks refuge for good" where that level of goading people is unnecessary. The only purpose that serves is to anger people, not to make a logical conjecture on what is going to happen in the tour.

My prediction is the studio material is amazing, but GNR LIVE shows are going to be an embarrassment. Which is why I am more excited for the album than any concert.

i think u are 100% right.. ido not think he will sound good in concerts....especialy the new songs :shocked::shocked:

Here's what's funny.

You will take a lot of shit for this, but I ask you all quite simply.

Based on history, who has a better chance of being right?

Is it our man here? Or is it the "everything will work out, its all a masterplan, Axl will reclaim the rock world" folks??

Like I even have to ask.

I hate to say it, but you and many others continue to cling onto hopeless dreams and it's very saddening.

After spending 4 years in silence, speaking no word to us fans or anyone else, and cancelling what was supposed to be the Chinese Democracy album tour back in 2002 due to his own shenanagins, why should i believe that this year will be any different as far as Guns N' Roses and Axl Rose are concerned? With no official statement or press release from the GN'R camp, nor release date for the supposed Chinese Democracy or any word from Axl Rose himself, why should i believe that this year won't bring anything except disappointment for Guns N' Roses fans?

Given the circumstances and Axl's history, i'd say the odds are in my favor and that you are all in for a rude awakening when this tour goes down in flames, just like it did in 2002.

Why am i reminded of a certain three incidents involving the cities of St. Louis, Philadelphia, Montreal, the band Guns N' Roses, thousands of angry fans, and mayhem?

Why am i reminded of a certain three incidents involving the cities of St. Louis, Philadelphia, Montreal, the band Guns N' Roses, thousands of angry fans, and mayhem?

There won't be riots in Europe...

Plus, Axl seems to prefer touring in Europe. He seems more at ease. Everything will be fine ! :)

There won't be riots in Europe...

We're civilised, not a bunch of smelly, drunken hicks ;)

Do you not remeber that GNR toured before Use Your Illusion 1 + 2 was released in the US

That was at a time when the classic Guns N' Roses were at the height of their popularity..

If the album isn't released after the European tour.. it's just another nail in the coffin.

-Kickingthehabit

:sleeper: No hope in Axl Rose for you. Don't try to extend that onto other people. Many people believe that Axl will release an album that can be a very good comeback for him. If you think he's waited too long, fine. No one else cares if you've waited too long, and no one cares if you've given up hope.

If you think the tour is a joke, that's your belief. Look at everything you say: "I for one am disappointed", "This tour is a joke. I doubt it will get very far...", "...there is no hope in Axl Rose.". Cripes, if you were anymore saddened by this tour, I'd be surprised if you didn't cry in the corner after you posted this. Tons of people believe this tour has promise, and that's why the shows sold out very quickly.

Axl Rose may be as unpredictable as the weather, but after times where he hasn't shown up, or times when he has cancelled a tour, he still manages to sell out shows extremely fast. As controversial as he is, he is still wanted at festivals and people want to hear what he has been making. Will it be the best album of all time? Perhaps to some, and many will spit on it because it took so long, but has it cost you anything to wait this long? No. It has only cost Axl Rose to wait this long, but he persists and he says the album will be out. I still don't get why people are pissed off at Axl. He isn't making you wait, it is only a person's choice to wait for an album. This shouldn't be news to anyone.

Personaly i think its just too damn late.

brief summary:

Mid ninetees: after the whole grunge explosion Axl wants to let the music take another caurse, his old bandmates don't agree and therefore the Old band brakes up.

1998-1999:

Axl is now totaly into the whole industrial and Nu metal thing (O my God prooves that)

2001 till......

Axl realizes just before the album was suppose to come out that the Nu metal genre is dead and burried and decides to go back a little to the old traditional rock again. this could have caused the album delay in 2001/2002.

2006.....traditional rock is more populair these days esspecialy in Europe. perfect timing to release the album.

But.....i'm from Holland and i can sence a lot of sceptisism 'round music fans and press over here. The New GnR need to deliver big big big time this year! And not only a tour will be enough. A earthshattering new single and album will be needed. I mean the cancelled concert in 2001 was sold out in just a month (35000 people). The concert in Nijmegen is nowere near that amount of tickets that has been sold.

Never the less. I will be there in Nijmegen Holland just as i was in 1993, but deep in my mind a little voice is saying that its just too late for Axl. Time caught up with him. And time makes no exeptions, not even for W. Axl Rose.

I hope i'm so wrong!