Axl is going to tour again with no album, obviously

Kaneda

UYI ALSO TOURED WITHOUT PRODUCT......didn't hurt sales one bit!!!

and KANEDA...got a nice pic of you, with your pet dog.......dude, polyester went out before it went in!!

Kris....the game is over........!!

Pack it in........and shut it Up!

we KNOW what you look like..........

anyone who doesn't...PM ME!!!!

W.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend and bandmate is an axl expert so to speak..most likely like a lot of you on this forum...he has countless books,bootleg vhs,etc.etc.and we did some research recently and from what we have read GNR has toured behind EVERY album before it was released!!!Those often bootlegged live versions of "Shadow Of Your Love" and "WHole Lotta Rosie" were from a UK show in June 1987...2 months before Appetite was even released!!!And they also played "Used To Love Her" and "One In A Million" at the infamous televised unplugged show...and that was in December '87...a whole YEAR before Lies was released!!!And also they started touring for UYI in May of '91..and didn't even announce it as a double album until shortly before the tour started!!! And plus "You Could Be Mine' wasn't released as a single until mid summer(I might be wrong on this one,but I know for a fact I am right about the UYI tour kickoff and the double album announcement)and then the records followed a month or so later....so here's our conclusion based solely on past events:

1.He may have wanted to originally release the album in 2000...what better way to revamp GNR than to comeback in a whole new millenium!!!I mean at the end of 99 he did release "Oh My God" on the End Of Days soundtrack,did an interview with MTV News,and an even more informative interview for Rolling Stone not too much longer after that...and plus the live 87-93 disc was out around then too..and If I'm not mistaken both axl and a few of the former members of the band wanted that to be the "nail in the coffin of gnr as everyone knew it"...but Finck departing to tour with NIN may have gave him cold feet about releasing a new album without a guitarist(this also leads to another theory that Finck HAD to be an integral part of the songwriting process because no songtitles got out until it was known that Finck was in the band,and plus Axl took him back in after the NIN tour,which he has NEVER done unless you count getting Izzy to fill in 5 gigs for Gilby while he was injured in '93)..because Buckethead himself had stated that he didn't even jam with Axl until the end of 99..so that's my first theory...

2.the 2002 tour:I think at that point the album night have been close to being finished but not quite there...the fact that the tour was going downhill and was hectic from the start may have put things "on ice" for Axl to get his head together

3.2006:The record HAS to be coming this year...this is the first time Axl has GUARANTEED the album in any kind of timeframe...4 songs "leak"(I mean as easy as it is to pirate records these days...and NO ONE heard any studio quality tracks???Either Axl himself or someone in his management team HAD to leak those tracks...and notice that no tour dates were announced until AFTER the songs leaked...c'mon now!!!)and suddenly after no one has seen him in a few years he's popping up all over the place...so I think will see the album in the early fall...and might get a single in the summer according to past traditions...it's getting to the point where GNR has to do something soon...and if they go out on another tour without at least a release date,single,video..something...it could spell the end.And NONE of us here want that!!!!It's even possible that an announcement could be made at Rio...being that I am sure Axl is aware of how fast word travels via the internet these days..that is a strong possibility...

my friend and bandmate is an axl expert so to speak..most likely like a lot of you on this forum...he has countless books,bootleg vhs,etc.etc.and we did some research recently and from what we have read GNR has toured behind EVERY album before it was released!!!Those often bootlegged live versions of "Shadow Of Your Love" and "WHole Lotta Rosie" were from a UK show in June 1987...2 months before Appetite was even released!!!And they also played "Used To Love Her" and "One In A Million" at the infamous televised unplugged show...and that was in December '87...a whole YEAR before Lies was released!!!And also they started touring for UYI in May of '91..and didn't even announce it as a double album until shortly before the tour started!!! And plus "You Could Be Mine' wasn't released as a single until mid summer(I might be wrong on this one,but I know for a fact I am right about the UYI tour kickoff and the double album announcement)and then the records followed a month or so later....so here's our conclusion based solely on past events:

1.He may have wanted to originally release the album in 2000...what better way to revamp GNR than to comeback in a whole new millenium!!!I mean at the end of 99 he did release "Oh My God" on the End Of Days soundtrack,did an interview with MTV News,and an even more informative interview for Rolling Stone not too much longer after that...and plus the live 87-93 disc was out around then too..and If I'm not mistaken both axl and a few of the former members of the band wanted that to be the "nail in the coffin of gnr as everyone knew it"...but Finck departing to tour with NIN may have gave him cold feet about releasing a new album without a guitarist(this also leads to another theory that Finck HAD to be an integral part of the songwriting process because no songtitles got out until it was known that Finck was in the band,and plus Axl took him back in after the NIN tour,which he has NEVER done unless you count getting Izzy to fill in 5 gigs for Gilby while he was injured in '93)..because Buckethead himself had stated that he didn't even jam with Axl until the end of 99..so that's my first theory...

2.the 2002 tour:I think at that point the album night have been close to being finished but not quite there...the fact that the tour was going downhill and was hectic from the start may have put things "on ice" for Axl to get his head together

3.2006:The record HAS to be coming this year...this is the first time Axl has GUARANTEED the album in any kind of timeframe...4 songs "leak"(I mean as easy as it is to pirate records these days...and NO ONE heard any studio quality tracks???Either Axl himself or someone in his management team HAD to leak those tracks...and notice that no tour dates were announced until AFTER the songs leaked...c'mon now!!!)and suddenly after no one has seen him in a few years he's popping up all over the place...so I think will see the album in the early fall...and might get a single in the summer according to past traditions...it's getting to the point where GNR has to do something soon...and if they go out on another tour without at least a release date,single,video..something...it could spell the end.And NONE of us here want that!!!!It's even possible that an announcement could be made at Rio...being that I am sure Axl is aware of how fast word travels via the internet these days..that is a strong possibility...

interesting post, good post.

REPEAT........UYI toured with no product....and it didn't hurt sales one iota.......

Damn this is getting redundant!! and repetitive.......

thats what people have been saying .............let it die.

and off topic UYL's were better then afD.

here i go again on my own......

the only way i've ever know

like a drifter i was born to walk alone rock4

rock3

Why would he "need" to release the album when the European tour is selling out? It's the elusive North American market that matters the most to Axl and the band. They have the most to prove here at home.

It also makes me laugh when people say Axl needs a personal trainer. It is his goatee that makes him look bigger. Shave that off and he looks fine. Axl has never really been that photogenic, so I don't really see what the big deal is. He is also 44 years old.

If back in 2002 when they were touring, I came onto the forum and said we would still be without an album in April/May of 2006, all of you would have chastised me.

Hahah that reminds me of a poll back then of when we thought the album would be out.... i think it was like.. 02,03,04,05,never or something..... There were a few up there at 05... and quite alot at never.. .but i think most thought 02,03.... how sad.

rock2 A local radio station in Baltimore (98 Rock), reported yesterday that word on the street is that Slash and the lead bassist left Velvet Revolver to possibly join Axl...My guess is that this is not true, but has anyone else heard this? Nothing has been said on Hair Nation (Sirius) about it. That is where I first heard about the G&R tour. I am just so excited about the upcoming tour that I can't stand it!!! Hope he comes to the Mid-Atantic! :P

i've heard nowt about that. but i very much doubt its true. welcome to the forum anyway

how old is Axl now I forget 44? Everyone gets old what do you all expect for him to look like he is in his 20's? As long as he can still rock and make good music who cares? Unless all you guys are ball lickers and want Axl. I can see the girls yappin a lil but come on everyone gets old. late 30's is when everyone starts heading downhill.

Why would GNR start touring again. If they tour again without an album sometime this year then whats the point? Axl and management would haveta be the dumbest ppl on this planet. Bottom line they can't do a good US tour without an album.

We all know the album doesn't need promoted much at all. A confirmed release date and the whole world will know. Easy 1-2 million sold right away and if its great it will sell good.

The songs leaked for some reason im sure Axl or management threw them out to the public to give everyone a lil tiny taste of whats coming. Like Axl said before we are holding our big guns back.

Better IRS TWAT CITR aint big guns they aren't bad but honestly they better have atleast a couple killer songs cause those aren't gonna do it in this era. You people can argue all you want they are great this and that but honestly for there first single it better be some unreal rocking song.

Until we hear something official all you quit your yappin. The day is approaching soon.

and all you stupid people believing rumours about Slash or the band coming together or whatever you all are smoking hella crack. Axl is GNR without Axl there is no GNR just like any other big band the voice and singing style makes the band. Guitarist, Drummers etc. can be replaced not a lead singer. So keep on dreaming im just so sick of hearing this Slash is coming back or a reunion or whatever STFU already.

Look at VR they suck. Wow its all x GNR ppl without AXL! Weiland is a fag and so on, but everyone thinks they are great cause its old GNR bandmates get over it already and you make yourself like them. It would be cool if they could all do it again but it will never happen never in this lifetime. So STFU already.

im done thank you bye haha :)

Edited by dmaxdmax

We've got the leaks precisely because the album isn't coming out during the European tour. As these songs will be played this summer, people will know them.

CD will come out in August/September just before the North American tour. Maybe a single in June.

True.

I honestly don't think the album will show up during the over seas tour, but I gaurantee it will be out before the US tour starts. Im sure a single will show up 1-2 months before release of CD.

Bottom line is no one knows we could hear something tommorow or in months who knows.

Just yall quit the bs I just heard Slash is joining GNR or this and that I heard this or whatever. IT WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN! If you actually believe this or believe a radio station saying this you haveta be the dumbest person in the world. They hate each other with a passion.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mc9wrXGJ3Rg where is SLASH?

Edited by dmaxdmax

We've got the leaks precisely because the album isn't coming out during the European tour. As these songs will be played this summer, people will know them.

CD will come out in August/September just before the North American tour. Maybe a single in June.

well you seem pretty confident in what you preach, any truth to that or just your opinions?

guys, pls don't forget that a majority of these so called "news" sites get their leads and news from forums like this one....so before everyone gets excited about a reunion, keep that in the back of your mind...

I can't stand GNR forums. Same old crap daily.

We will get an album this year. When? God only knows.

Could be a month could be christmas could be anytime. If they are starting a tour in May then we should have something this year. Seriously come on Axl and the crew behind this get this thing out in stores already.

All the time in the world Axl has this better be a damn good album the best GNR has ever done. Nothing will top AFD but AFD was great in its time. Just need another killer album for this day in age.

Also all the shit Axl is getting or has in the past couple years he damn well knows this better be something killer or he will be the man that everyone laughs at. People that aren't really GNR fans are all like haha Axl tried coming back before and it bombed blah blah blah and so on he sucks he is old news etc.

Atleast Axl isn't forced to make an album in 2 seconds like alot bands are when they are hot with 1 album.

PLEASE PEOPLE STOP SPECULATING ABOUT A RELEASE DATE. ITS JUST SO STUPID. EVERY MONTH PEOPLE COME UP WITH DIFFERENT RELEASE DATE-ARENT YOU TIRED BY NOW? WAIT AND SEE TILL AXL SHOWS UP IN LISBON AND HERE WHAT HE HAS TO SAY AND STOP THIS BULLSHIT.

AS I SAID IT BEFORE THE NEW LINE UP HAS TO PROVE THEMSELVES THAT THEY CAN LIVE UP TO GNR'S NAME. GNR IS/WAS NOT JUST ONE PERSON, AXL ROSE IS ONE PERSON. IF NEW GNR(I MEAN AXL) WANTS US TO TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY THEN THEY SHOULD ACT LIKE A BAND. NO NEW MATERIAL NO NEW GNR. ROBERT PLANT IS STILL TOURING AND IS NOT CALLING HIS BAND LED ZEPPELIN.

AS MUCH AS I LOVE GNR ,ORIGINAL LINE UP, I THINK ITS JUST FOOLISH OF AXL GOING AROUND AND USEING THE NAME GNR NAME. IM SAYING THIS COZ UNLESS THERE IS AN ALBUM OUT FROM "NEW GNR" , GNR DONT EXIST.

AXL N SLASH DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE FANS WE'RE JUST THEIR CASHFLOW THATS ALL WE ARE.

I REMEMBER AN OLD INTERVIEW WITH SLASH N AXL, SLASH WAS SAYING THAT FIRST THEY(AXL N IZZY) DIDNT WANT HIM IN THE BAND BUT HE KEPT SHOWING UP. WHY? COZ HE WAS BROKE THEN. THINGS WERENT GREAT BETWEEN THEM BEFORE THE UYI TOUR, WHY DIDNT SLASH LEAVE THAN....MONEY. NOW THEY BOTH CAN AFFORD TO NOT SPEAK TO EACH OTHER COZ THEY ARE RICH NOW, AND THE RICHER YOU GET YOUR EGO GETS BIGGER TOO.

SLASH GAVE US SOMETHING,VERY FORGETABLE ALBUMS BUT AT LEAST IS SOMETHING.

AXL ON THE OTHER HAND IS PLAYING MIND GAMES "SOON IS NOT THE WORD". I CAN UNDERSTAND IF HE SAID THAT BACK IN 1994-95, BUT 10+ YEARS AFTER I THINK HE MUST BE JOKING IF HE THINGS FANS WOULD CARE. PEOPLE HAVE MOVED ON SINCE THAN.

SORRY FOLKS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION AFTER ALL.

Edited by Big Gun

PLEASE PEOPLE STOP SPECULATING ABOUT A RELEASE DATE. ITS JUST SO STUPID. EVERY MONTH PEOPLE COME UP WITH DIFFERENT RELEASE DATE-ARENT YOU TIRED BY NOW? WAIT AND SEE TILL AXL SHOWS UP IN LISBON AND HERE WHAT HE HAS TO SAY AND STOP THIS BULLSHIT.

AS I SAID IT BEFORE THE NEW LINE UP HAS TO PROVE THEMSELVES THAT THEY CAN LIVE UP TO GNR'S NAME. GNR IS/WAS NOT JUST ONE PERSON, AXL ROSE IS ONE PERSON. IF NEW GNR(I MEAN AXL) WANTS US TO TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY THEN THEY SHOULD ACT LIKE A BAND. NO NEW MATERIAL NO NEW GNR. ROBERT PLANT IS STILL TOURING AND IS NOT CALLING HIS BAND LED ZEPPELIN.

AS MUCH AS I LOVE GNR ,ORIGINAL LINE UP, I THINK ITS JUST FOOLISH OF AXL GOING AROUND AND USEING THE NAME GNR NAME. IM SAYING THIS COZ UNLESS THERE IS AN ALBUM OUT FROM "NEW GNR" , GNR DONT EXIST.

AXL N SLASH DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE FANS WE'RE JUST THEIR CASHFLOW THATS ALL WE ARE.

I REMEMBER AN OLD INTERVIEW WITH SLASH N AXL, SLASH WAS SAYING THAT FIRST THEY(AXL N IZZY) DIDNT WANT HIM IN THE BAND BUT HE KEPT SHOWING UP. WHY? COZ HE WAS BROKE THEN. THINGS WERENT GREAT BETWEEN THEM BEFORE THE UYI TOUR, WHY DIDNT SLASH LEAVE THAN....MONEY. NOW THEY BOTH CAN AFFORD TO NOT SPEAK TO EACH OTHER COZ THEY ARE RICH NOW, AND THE RICHER YOU GET YOUR EGO GETS BIGGER TOO.

AXL ON THE OTHER HAND IS PLAYING MIND GAMES "SOON IS NOT THE WORD". I CAN UNDERSTAND IF HE SAID THAT BACK IN 1994-95, BUT 10+ YEARS AFTER I THINK HE MUST BE JOKING IF HE THINGS FANS WOULD CARE. PEOPLE HAVE MOVED ON SINCE THAN.

Your mummy loves you :monkey:

Edited by Guest

This tour will be cancelled halfway through, because Axl will fail to show up. Furthermore, marketing and promotion agencies will finally realize that a gamble on Axl Rose will always score them a loss. Axl is about as reliable as the weather.

This tour is a joke. I doubt it will get very far before it implodes on itself and Axl Rose seeks refuge for good. The man has waited far too long, disappointed us far too much and cared too little to even matter anymore.

I for one am disappointed in him, but he has made it his point on multiple occasions that he does not share any empathy towards our feelings, and has always preached that he does what he wants, how he wants and when he wants, regardless of what we as fans think or feel he should do. He has also pointed out that he doesn't care how people view him, or what people think of him.

I hate to say it, but there is no hope in Axl Rose.

The sky is falling and the world is coming to an end. In 2000, all the computers will crash and there's an evil satanic kitten that is wreaking destruction across the world. Nostradamas said that tomorrow will be the End of Days.

I hate to say it, but you don't know what you're talking about. Have a nice day.

I hate to say it, but you and many others continue to cling onto hopeless dreams and it's very saddening.

After spending 4 years in silence, speaking no word to us fans or anyone else, and cancelling what was supposed to be the Chinese Democracy album tour back in 2002 due to his own shenanagins, why should i believe that this year will be any different as far as Guns N' Roses and Axl Rose are concerned? With no official statement or press release from the GN'R camp, nor release date for the supposed Chinese Democracy or any word from Axl Rose himself, why should i believe that this year won't bring anything except disappointment for Guns N' Roses fans?

Given the circumstances and Axl's history, i'd say the odds are in my favor and that you are all in for a rude awakening when this tour goes down in flames, just like it did in 2002.

Why am i reminded of a certain three incidents involving the cities of St. Louis, Philadelphia, Montreal, the band Guns N' Roses, thousands of angry fans, and mayhem?

I don't dream about GnR albums. I live my life, come on this site every once in a while and check for news, and discuss possibilities. What I don't do is waste my time spreading negativity about a band that I obviously don't give a rat's ass about. If I did, I'd be on the Metallica website trashing the garbage they've released for the past 10 years. But I'm a GnR fan, I like the new material, and I understand that life is not static. Cancellation of shows in the past has no bearing on whether these shows will go off. It doesn't matter to me whether you end up being right or wrong. What matters to me is that you are talking out of the wrong oriface of your body, and the stuff that comes out of that oriface smells exactly like what you know.

It's funny you say that, when anyone that i know will tell you that i am one of the largest GN'R fans they have ever met. I do indeed love Guns N' Roses, as this picture may attest to. Tell me i don't like Guns N' Roses, and i'll tell you you're an idiot. http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9465/aaa3vp.jpg

To believe i'm here to simply belittle the band because i feel like having fun doing it is an idiotic accusation. I'm not here just for the fuck of it, or to trash the name of GN'R, but i am however here to make my opinion on such issues as the thread title known. I'm not here to kiss Axl or the rest of GN'R members'(past, present and future) asses, either. I'll tell you straight up how i feel about something, and if you've got an issue with it simply because it doesn't follow the same trend of empathetic responses to axl's actions then you can kiss off. I personally don't care.

Cancellation of shows in the past has no bearing on whether these shows will go off

Yes, it does. Building yourself a track record on the amount of shows you've missed, cancelled or stopped due to rioting serves the purpose of dertermining your reliability and credibility as a musician. When you somehow manage to cause some sort of huge negative incident with each tour you promote and attend, you set yourself up for notoriety in the future. In Axl's case, he's known as the guy who habitually misses or cancels shows, and therefore a gamble on GN'R tickets is a risk alot of people aren't willing to take anymore. People like myself who see endless incident upon endless incident stack up against Mr. Rose find it incredibly difficult to put any ounce of faith into a musician like him. This in turn brings me to the whole point of my original post: I do think that this tour will bomb and be as unsucessful as the last attempt, due to circumstances surrounding Axl's history.

Is it the fact that i'm one of the few people here who refuse to suck axl off that gets me so much flack, or is it because people are really this narrow and foolish to believe in Axl Rose?

TYPE F1 and ALT....at the same time, you will see gumdrops and jellybeans

I do think that this tour will bomb and be as unsucessful as the last attempt, due to circumstances surrounding Axl's history.

We'll see if you were right very soon, but don't forget that GNR is playing sold out concerts in Europe. It was different in 2002...

I do think that this tour will bomb and be as unsucessful as the last attempt, due to circumstances surrounding Axl's history.

We'll see if you were right very soon, but don't forget that GNR is playing sold out concerts in Europe. It was different in 2002...

A concert being sold out doesn't give it any more merit. The band still has to show up to play.