What is your average practice time?

Practicing? As in learning stuff? Yea I don't do that. But I play for about 4 hours a day, building speed, maybe picking up a scale here or there. I practice vocals until my throat feels like its going to bleed doing Axl's voice, so I dunno, 2 1/2 hours of Sweet Child/Jungle type singing a day.

I used to practice a few hours a day, but lately I barely play. Guitar I mean by the way. I don't even know why, maybe I'm getting sick of it. It's probably because my bands practiced to much and it became more of a chore, rather than something I enjoyed. It sucks..

well i plya piano and i would say 45 min daily but sometimes but i have those days that something inspires me and i spend 2 - 3 hours , but yes i have those days whe i sit down and ..... nothing new happens, i just play what i like best . :P

Guest PULPY

I don't really practise. I know you think i'm tryin to be all "rock chick" but i just tend to pick it up when i come home from school and keep it with me when im doing other stuff so it'll usually be like three hours of playing i guess.

I dont believe any of you that you play that much consistently. Do you have a timetable where you assign 6 hours a day ? And if so what are you doing on this forum.... shouldnt you be playing guitar ?

I play guitar when i feel like it... sometimes it might be 8 hours in one day... sometimes it might be 15 minutes, sometimes it might be nothing

I dont believe any of you that you play that much consistently. Do you have a timetable where you assign 6 hours a day ? And if so what are you doing on this forum.... shouldnt you be playing guitar ?

I play guitar when i feel like it... sometimes it might be 8 hours in one day... sometimes it might be 15 minutes, sometimes it might be nothing

I do 3-4 hours a day because it's my favourite thing to do. Some people might spend 2 hours having a game of football, I'd rather play bass. Some people go to their mates to get drunk, I'd rather go to my mates to have a jam session. If i'm in the house then I'll be playing the bass. So it adds up pretty quickly to a few hours a day

I agree. I don't believe anyone spends so much time consitantly.

I play on average 1 hour 30 minutes a day weekdays weekends a little more.

I usually play while im at my computer, sometimes its off sometimes its on ;) its a great source for chords, scales, ect. so believe me or not, im already in 5 bands, and i do play when i want, but thats all the time,

so again believe me or dont, but i do practice that much

James S. ;) its what i love to do, so i do it

I'm really bad at playing for long periods of time. I sometimes sit here looking at my guitar thinking "I really should be practicing" but I leave it. I tend to play a lot when I get mad urges to play and that's when I play my best, when I do it like a chore I play really badly which makes it worse because I don't want to continue.

If I could 24 hours a day of bass and guitar! Espcially when Jammin' with buds.

on a average day probably 2 hours of bass exploration and experimenting, 1 hour of practicing chord progressions, theory, and messing with some sheet music, then 2 hours of doing whatever the hell I want. After all of it maybe some recording of a kool lick or chord progression I like.

Then whip out the acoustic or electric guitar same as above, but maybe a lil' more extended. When with a friend, we must practice for at least 2 hours straight and 3 more later.

The longest session I ever had pulled off was a 12 hour jam on some Jazz and Blues songs with my good ol' Brazilian drummer.