just sends a shock through the spine!!

What about ya'll?

good vocals from axl???

The feeling that makes you want to jump everywhere

For me it has to be the VMA 02 performance

the way everyone is screaming and gnr perform awesome with good vocals from axl

What about ya'll?

Axl sounds absoloutley horrible at the VMA's. He can barely keep up with 'Jungle' he struggles through 'Madagascar' and well 'Paradise City' was shit. You know what I've not watched that in a long time I'll do so just now and see what I think.

NR 3rd solo for me on the studio track. Slash's guitar there is amazing.

As for live performaces it would have to be Argentina '93 (17th) for me, especially You Ain't the First and the final encore of LALD. The final performance of Old GNR always gives me a 'shock through the spine.' :D

What about ya'll?

well besides the "good vocals" that is probably mine. it was cool even though his voice sucked

when Axl came out at the HOB performance in 2001. The show was so late... I was thinking it wasn't going to start, and when the little cartoon came on, and later the exorcist quote kicked in, it started building up, but when Axl hit the stage, it was amazing.

Ok I watched the VMA performance again. Here are my thoughts:

It begins fantastically with Axl screaming into the microphone and then goes downhill. 'Welcome to the Jungle' was quite poor although there were moments of brilliance i.e. 'It's gonna bring you to your knees'. 'Madagascar' was quite decent, Axl's scream through it was epic. The jump into 'Paradise City' didn't go very smoothly but Axl handled that better than he did 'Welcome to the Jungle'. Overall I believe if you were there it would be magnificent because the adrenaline running through the audience and the band is evident. The crowd goes nuts for Axl at the end so it couldn't have been that bad.

Anyway Guns N' Roses rock and Axl rules so he will redeem himself 100 times over in my estimation. :)

As for live performaces it would have to be Argentina '93 (17th) for me, especially You Ain't the First and the final encore of LALD. The final performance of Old GNR always gives me a 'shock through the spine.' :D

Too bad LALD isn't the final encore...

...last word fetish...

Welcome to the Jungle video. I still remember watching that video when it first came out on MTV. It blew my mind.

Also, staying up late on a school night to watch "The Big Ticket - Guns and Roses Live at The Ritz" when it first aired on TV. Everytime I watch that show it always sends a shiver down my spine.

THE VMA 02 as well....but it all went down when the voice fucked up...very dissapointed...anyhow still it was really a nice feeling.

Maybe I'm the minority here, but when you are at a show, you don't notice little things like a voice not sounding quite right or a f'd up solo here or there. It's about being there. I've really only been to one concert by a big rock band where their bad performance was noticeable (it was Motley Crue in Anchorage, for those of you curious). The HOB show was AWESOME to be at. Axl sounded great, the band sounded tight. The only thing I noticed was that they had tech difficulties, so they couldn't play the Blues, and You Could be Mine was off. Oh yeah, and Silkworms sucks, but you can't do much for that song. Every recorded version of the concert I've heard, though, is terrible. That's a combo of bad recording equipment, having to hide it so you don't get caught, and not being at the actual show when you listen to it. There's no way to tell how great a show was from a bootleg, or from seeing it on TV or hearing it on the radio. So criticise the VMA's all you want, but I bet I would've shit my pants because it was so good if I were there.

What about ya'll?

Axl sounds absoloutley horrible at the VMA's. He can barely keep up with 'Jungle' he struggles through 'Madagascar' and well 'Paradise City' was shit. You know what I've not watched that in a long time I'll do so just now and see what I think.

Yeah I have that vid... I don't like it very much. The only song which is okay there is Madagascar... The rest sounds less good! The guy presenting is funny & cool though! :P

"I won't be told anymooore"

What about ya'll?

Yeah I have that vid... I don't like it very much. The only song which is okay there is Madagascar... The rest sounds less good! The guy presenting is funny & cool though! :P

"I won't be told anymooore"

Yes, he runs less around during madagascar, therefore he sings better in it

THE VMA 02 as well....but it all went down when the voice fucked up...very dissapointed...anyhow still it was really a nice feeling.

Maybe I'm the minority here, but when you are at a show, you don't notice little things like a voice not sounding quite right or a f'd up solo here or there. It's about being there. I've really only been to one concert by a big rock band where their bad performance was noticeable (it was Motley Crue in Anchorage, for those of you curious). The HOB show was AWESOME to be at. Axl sounded great, the band sounded tight. The only thing I noticed was that they had tech difficulties, so they couldn't play the Blues, and You Could be Mine was off. Oh yeah, and Silkworms sucks, but you can't do much for that song. Every recorded version of the concert I've heard, though, is terrible. That's a combo of bad recording equipment, having to hide it so you don't get caught, and not being at the actual show when you listen to it. There's no way to tell how great a show was from a bootleg, or from seeing it on TV or hearing it on the radio. So criticise the VMA's all you want, but I bet I would've shit my pants because it was so good if I were there.

i'm not gonna debate over this again cause it's been 4 years now...I thought that axl's voice was awful but that night i jumped all over the place because of the excitement that i couldn't control...i wasn't criticise the VMA's, even if i was, why the fuck are you bringing this up?

Edited by laval

You Could Be Mine.... specially the finishin'.

God damned it, It blows my fuckin' mind!!! rock1

Makes me want to destroy everything around me rock3

it's not healthy, I now, but it feels great!!! rock2

Most dvds of that show do have the show ending with LALD as it was edited for argentinian tv that way so i know why 'jamesfunnell' said it, the way they cut that show ruined it big time, i mean they cut attitude, dead flowers, dust in the wind, double talkin jive and welcome to the jungle out, plus the picture quality is also pretty bad...

...I have a reworked unedited version of this show with excellent picture quality, it's a million times better than the shit version that's floating about.