If the leaks weren't planned, then what has really changed?

Kaneda

I don't get people on this board at all. It's like a lunatic fringe of obtuse thinking individuals. Any half-intelligent mind can surmise that even though we have some leaks, this what not a sign of things to come. It merely is an indication that songs have been worked on, but not a sign that a release is any closer. Shit, Catcher in the Rye was recorded in 1996, and we hear a demo of it in 2006 and start to go crazy? This is lunacy if you ask me.

Axl running around in public does nothing for me. So he's showed up at a few parties looking like a tired, washed out old man. A begraggled hick from Indiana that has lost all of his sex appeal and charm, that's the 45-year old Axl we are looking hard, or shall I say, find it hard to look at. But people think that if Axl is in public it means Chinese D is right around the corner. This is not the case at all and over the past 6 years, we have waited patiently for a release date, and here we are, in the spring/summer of 2006 STILL speculating when that might be. It is pathetic and people have every right to lose their cool, but please, don't be a moronic fool and think that IRS and Better leaking means something is coming soon. Excuse me french, but it doesn't mean shit.

While I have faith in a good studio album, Guns N Roses as a band and as an image, is complete elephant dung. I mean seriously, the whole thing is a joke. And if Axl were smart, he would release the studio album and never tour again; nobody wants to so a bloated old man struggling to make it through Jungle...they just don't.

I guess what I am saying is that nothing new has changed; at the end of the day, Axl will make some amazing music, but at the cost of killing GUNS N ROSES...so at the end, when you add up the final sum, was it worth it? Waiting 16 years for great songs at the price of killing off the band you loved? This is really the Axl Rose show and what a fucked up, demented, unorganized and prima-dona show it has been. For the reason no news develops, the reason nothing ever changes in the GNR camp is simple: because Axl Rose has never changed. He has never grown up, gotten his act together and been a professional. He would rather spend his life in court, then compromise a bit to get the music to the fans and be productive. He wants to bury Slash and Co. while at the same time re-write history. Dude, you are 40-fucking-5 years old, you wasted too much time sitting on your ass, visiting Yoda, buying sports car...just release some music and rock out, why is that so hard?

Why is 45 so damn old? how old are you kaneda? 16?

What`s up whit this, you can`t go on stage if your older than 30? you sound like a crying teeanager diging boy bands.

oh no, he is over 30, he can`t sing... he`s to old, mom i cant see a old man on stage.

Plain stupid :anger:

Consider this. A couple of potentially your biggest hits in progress have been released, this may indeed be final versions. If the album is not released soon, it will take so much away from it's grand revenue as a whole - which would destroy Sanctuary as a company, and Guns N' Roses as a whole.

Yes, we've waited a long time, but by generating PR and leeching of the free PR produce by the leaks, it's a good time to get back into the limelight for an imminent release.

Yes, he may be 45, but there are much older people making music, and rocking out just as hard, like Steven Tyler. Aersomith have been churning out hits recently, music which really hasn't been all that good. Sure, 16 years is a long time to wait, but it'll be worth it. Even if we have to wait 16 more, I know what's coming is a masterpiece.

This 'bloated old man' only really struggled in the first few shows, and normally only on the first song. It's hard work making live appearances after 9 years without a live show, and without proper practice. This time I have no doubt that they'll be more prepared. Indeed, he's hardly bloated, and looks much better than he used to. More muscle, and a happier image. Yes, he's olderm, and has sagged in areas. But that's called age. And, aging cannot be avoided. You make it sound as if he has the power to stop aging.

TBH, he's done everything right. He doesn't jump from band to band when things aren't peachy (i.e. Slash). Maybe he doesn't want to have to rely on making new music and making new boundaries for others, and instead is happy with what he's done. Indeed, I doubt you could, have or will do anything more than he as an individual has done in the group sphere, and indeed earn as much as he has through doing little. If you think that he's sold out or whatever, find a new group and f'off. He promised you and owes you nothing. He's doing it because he wants to, unlike Slash who has to.

What`s up whit this, you can`t go on stage if your older than 30? you sound like a crying teeanager diging boy bands.

oh no, he is over 30, he can`t sing... he`s to old, mom i cant see a old man on stage.

45 is too old to create the "rebel-rock-n'-roll"-image, which GN'R used to have..

Edited by Wando

45 is too old to create the "rebel-rock-n'-roll"-image, which GN'R used to have..

Why does every band have to be like that? Why can't they be a ballad or music based band rather than labelled and lumped into a genre?

Agree, but time moves on, Axl can`t be 21 forever. Look at Aerosmith or the Stones, they still rock like nothing else.

Rebell or not, GNR can still make exelent music and give us mind blowing preformances.

Why does every band have to be like that? Why can't they be a ballad or music based band rather than labelled and lumped into a genre?

I agree, every band doesn't have to be like this but GN'R already is labeled as "rebel-rock-n'-roll"-band. If Axl would have changed the bands name he would start from a clean table - in good and bad.

Alright it's true that we are still lacking any concrete proof that the album will be released soon. But optomism is so rife right now becuase this is the first time since 2001/2002 that things have actually been happening. All that speculation in 2003-05 was just based on anticpation but nothing actually happened. This year has seen a flurry of activty, what with the Eauropean tour this summer and whatnot, and this is the most likely period for an album release in a very long time. You can't blame people for being excited.

I don't agree with your comments about Axl's age (he's actually 44, but that's splitting hairs) being a sign he's passed it. Steven Tyler was still very much a-goer at 44 (although Aerosmith's albums have sucked since) and in term's of onstage performance he was at the top of his game.

It's true that the band has been sacrificed for the new album- Axl has lost well over ten years of what should of been the peak of his career and should the band suceed in making a comeback it may proof to be much shorter than what it should of been.

I agree, every band doesn't have to be like this but GN'R already is labeled as "rebel-rock-n'-roll"-band. If Axl would have changed the bands name he would start from a clean table - in good and bad.

But Guns N' Roses has changed so much, it really isn't Guns N' Roses and isn't the Gn'R we grew up loving. I love this new band, yes, but Stinson is a doting father, the only real rebel there is Finck - and the only controversy surrounding him is getting a blowjob from Marilyn Manson infront of his parents. There is nothing to rebel against, they're all 30 plus, and the music has changed from just using swearwords and drug and experiences with hookers or lovers. Admittedly, the new songs do encompass some of that, but songs about the I.R.S show that there are more important things than women. I.e. keeping out of trouble with the I.R.S. It's just my take on things, but now Chinese Democracy could be considered a political record, and certainly could instigate things because there will never be a democracy in China. That in itself shows that they are clever enough to use things that are plays upon words. This is a trade off. The music and lyrics may perhaps not be as well written as they used to be, and certainly not as emotion invoking. But hell, everything evolves. These guys have evolved, matured and grown up. This isn't a bunch of mucisians who are just fighting to make it in the world, who come from bad backgrounds. This is about a bunch of people making music because a) they love it and B) because they can and finally, because they now cover issues that matter without the threat of critics or anything. Hell, this is a record for Axl. Yes, critical aclaim is what everyone wants, but Axl wants to create his perfect record. For him. To prove that he alone is better than everyone else. To show that he doesn't need Slash, Izzy or anyone else. That he hasn't mellowed through time.

"People will hear music this year." and the European tour.

There are a lot more news than in the past.

After the leaks and the announced European tour, I think everybody was convinced that CD will be released in March. Then there were the rumours that it will be released in April. Then Merck didn't give a straight answer. He didn't say 'yes' but he didn't say 'no'.

And now...nothing!

No news, no new pics and no statements...no one even confirmed the shows in Europe.

They given us hope with the leaks and the tour and after that they shoved something hard up our asses and left us to wait!!! And that really pisses me off! :angry::fuckyou:

Edited by cold_as_ice

I have to admit I got pumped up for an announcment in March. I'm now back to reality - afterall this is GNR and this is Axl. The only saving grace is that we do have some scheduled shows. We'll get bootlegs of the shows almost immediately and Axl seems to talk more to the audience overseas than he does in the US. I would be surprised if he didn't address the status of the record during the shows.

I still have a horrible feeling that the record isn't done, and Axl is using this little mini-tour as a warm-up to test out the material. That scares the hell out of me, because God knows what could happen between the first gig and the last gig. We still may never hear the album. At least we got those leaks. That is honestly the best thing that has happened to us in the past 13 years.

Being a GNR fan sucks.

What the hell is people complaining about. There has been leaks.

Axl Rose is clearly planning his comback. That is why he has been sighted all over the place. He is actually working. Getting his face out there again.

And the show will hit of in May. (same day I'm on stage if I'm not mistaken)

And he said to rolling stones that we will hear music. And he refered to the tour and not the leaks. How the hell could he predict the leaks.

So just becouse he isn't standing on the top of the empire state building shouting. Wheels are set in motion and is going to happend.

This waiting is nothing like the two years of silence.

I don't get people on this board at all. It's like a lunatic fringe of obtuse thinking individuals. Any half-intelligent mind can surmise that even though we have some leaks, this what not a sign of things to come. It merely is an indication that songs have been worked on, but not a sign that a release is any closer. Shit, Catcher in the Rye was recorded in 1996, and we hear a demo of it in 2006 and start to go crazy? This is lunacy if you ask me.

Axl running around in public does nothing for me. So he's showed up at a few parties looking like a tired, washed out old man. A begraggled hick from Indiana that has lost all of his sex appeal and charm, that's the 45-year old Axl we are looking hard, or shall I say, find it hard to look at. But people think that if Axl is in public it means Chinese D is right around the corner. This is not the case at all and over the past 6 years, we have waited patiently for a release date, and here we are, in the spring/summer of 2006 STILL speculating when that might be. It is pathetic and people have every right to lose their cool, but please, don't be a moronic fool and think that IRS and Better leaking means something is coming soon. Excuse me french, but it doesn't mean shit.

While I have faith in a good studio album, Guns N Roses as a band and as an image, is complete elephant dung. I mean seriously, the whole thing is a joke. And if Axl were smart, he would release the studio album and never tour again; nobody wants to so a bloated old man struggling to make it through Jungle...they just don't.

I guess what I am saying is that nothing new has changed; at the end of the day, Axl will make some amazing music, but at the cost of killing GUNS N ROSES...so at the end, when you add up the final sum, was it worth it? Waiting 16 years for great songs at the price of killing off the band you loved? This is really the Axl Rose show and what a fucked up, demented, unorganized and prima-dona show it has been. For the reason no news develops, the reason nothing ever changes in the GNR camp is simple: because Axl Rose has never changed. He has never grown up, gotten his act together and been a professional. He would rather spend his life in court, then compromise a bit to get the music to the fans and be productive. He wants to bury Slash and Co. while at the same time re-write history. Dude, you are 40-fucking-5 years old, you wasted too much time sitting on your ass, visiting Yoda, buying sports car...just release some music and rock out, why is that so hard?

as far as a release, you're right to say that even though "stuff" is happening, nothing is certain. but as far as Axl and performing; as long as he has something to be pissed off about, he'll be fun to watch.

RS interview+tour dates=change. As to whether that really equates to an album this year, who fucking knows? I can say with 100% certainty that we have not had as much reason for optimism at any point in this whole Chinese Democracy debacle as we do now.

Edited by bax

"People will hear music this year." and the European tour.

There are a lot more news than in the past.

After the leaks and the announced European tour, I think everybody was convinced that CD will be released in March. Then there were the rumours that it will be released in April. Then Merck didn't give a straight answer. He didn't say 'yes' but he didn't say 'no'.

And now...nothing!

No news, no new pics and no statements...no one even confirmed the shows in Europe.

They given us hope with the leaks and the tour and after that they shoved something hard up our asses and left us to wait!!! And that really pisses me off! :angry::fuckyou:

Every year the same : 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006.....

No- GNR fans are laughing about the band.They says GNR are a big joke.I think at the moment they have right.We hear nothing. :(

the voice gets better by the age ...

this is just another boring thread we keep reading 100 times a day ...

anyways im too amused by the " i feel stupid " thread so i wont disturb my joy with .... this...

Axl struggled on hthe last tour because he hadn't performed in years. Not cause he was old. Like all things, the more we do them the better we are, why should singing be different?

I hope he's actually rehearsing and preparing for this tour, that way we don't get the rusty axl...

The leaked songs probably mean nothing, since they leaker didn't have the whole album, so it probably means nothing to the release, your probably right about that.

I guess we are just taking Axl starting fights and going to parties as prep for the album release, but who knows when it'll be. I can't believe he's going to tour again with no album...

I don't get people on this board at all. It's like a lunatic fringe of obtuse thinking individuals.

This is really the Axl Rose show and what a fucked up, demented, unorganized and prima-dona show it has been. For the reason no news develops, the reason nothing ever changes in the GNR camp is simple: because Axl Rose has never changed. He has never grown up, gotten his act together and been a professional. He would rather spend his life in court, then compromise a bit to get the music to the fans and be productive. He wants to bury Slash and Co. while at the same time re-write history. Dude, you are 40-fucking-5 years old, you wasted too much time sitting on your ass, visiting Yoda, buying sports car...just release some music and rock out, why is that so hard?

You'll take a lot of flack for this because you are a such a lightning rod.

But like a lot of your posts, there is a lot more truth in there then people care to admit out loud. Your delivery is a bit uncompromising, and maybe that's what turns people off.

But I often think your message is, at its base, fairly solid. But dissent doesn't really play here in the eyes of the many.

well said.