GNR´s finacial state

shootingstar

It´s seems very unlogical to tour before CD is released.

Most of us agreed on that.

There hasn´t been any promotion worth mention for the europeen tour.

But it worked last time so...(at least for europe an asia)

But is the GNR camp out of cash, and the tour is a strategic move to finance the promoting of CD??

Just a thought...

DISCUSS!!

It´s seems very unlogical to tour before CD is released.

Most of us agreed on that.

There hasn´t been any promotion worth mention for the europeen tour.

But it worked last time so...(at least for europe an asia)

But is the GNR camp out of cash, and the tour is a strategic move to finance the promoting of CD??

Just a thought...

DISCUSS!!

CD is $13m over spent of cours they are out of cash

Guest RonMexico82

Axl has hired Mike Tyson to be his personal accountant/bodyguard so I am sure the money flow is going just great.

I thought the Greatest Hits album release would have generated more cash than a European tour

tours generate loads of more cash than releasing albums. Also, even if Axl's totally broke and the whole GnRs industry is bankrupt still a sanctuary will pay for the promotion. They need to if they want to get the money they invested back.

Axl has hired Mike Tyson to be his personal accountant/bodyguard so I am sure the money flow is going just great.

ah.. yeah. that's must be it. Tyson is well known as a fantastic businessman. :D

Guest RonMexico82

Seriously I doubt there is any financial problems. $13million is a drop in the ocean compared to Axl's estimated worth. Guns n Roses have sold an estimated 90million albums worldwide. This is probably one of the reasons why he has managed to get so much time to do the album...if he or Sanctuary/Geffen (whoever invested the $13million) were pennyless, then we would have gotten it ages ago.

Edited by RonMexico82

Didn't Axl get an easy 20 million at the start of the year? Didn't the last tour generate 6.5 million? Isnt he still making an easy 200,000 a year from the old albums? I mean if you can spend that much well then you deserve to go bankrupt...

Guest RonMexico82

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Apr 11 2006, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't Axl get an easy 20 million at the start of the year? Didn't the last tour generate 6.5 million? Isnt he still making an easy 200,000 a year from the old albums? I mean if you can spend that much well then you deserve to go bankrupt...

what did he get the 20million for?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Apr 11 2006, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Wasn't it the publishing rights or something he sold? I cant remember, but slash and duff launched a law suit soon after cause there was a fuck up in the paper work and they warent getting their share...

Off Topic: how u been sir?...

Guest RonMexico82

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Apr 11 2006, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Wasn't it the publishing rights or something he sold? I cant remember, but slash and duff launched a law suit soon after cause there was a fuck up in the paper work and they warent getting their share...

Oh yeah forgot about that. I am good rockin on as usual rock2 You?

Oh yeah forgot about that. I am good rockin on as usual rock2 You?

If u want the truth, im sick and miserable, fuckin flu, and of course, its a typical miserable day out aswell to make me feel better...

Geffen/Universal invested money in CD, not Sanctuary.

true. Allow me to reformulate myself. They need to promote the album and/or tour to earn money regardless if they've invested money in it or not. It would be amazingly stupid not to promote anything.

it would be stupid to tour without a new album. How many times do we need to hear Guns cover old guns material? I know they'll have to play the old stuff as well, but touring without an album to promote is lame- they need to prove themselves by putting out this decade old album.

As for money. if they are out of money, droping the album now makes even more sense. I am sure the companies invested are not happy at this point. I have no idea if Axl has invest personal funds but I doubt it.

Axl's incredibly wealthy, his house was pretty cheap at 3 mil, he is smart with money. If the tour generated 6.5 million in 02, he didn't get it. He was advanced 1 million, and promptly sued for it after Philly. The results of this I don't know, but yeah, he's fine, don't lose sleep.

What's funny about the 02 tour is the night before Philly, at MSG, he says to the audience...

"I want to thank each and every one of you. Selling out this mother fucker really helped a lot, thank you so fucking much."
I guess he was really satisfied with that, as the tour officially ended about an hour later! :rofl-lol: Edited by axlskAmpf

tours generate loads of more cash than releasing albums. Also, even if Axl's totally broke and the whole GnRs industry is bankrupt still a sanctuary will pay for the promotion. They need to if they want to get the money they invested back.

WRONG. First off the record company pays for promoting the band not management! Secondly records generate far more money than tours. Most tours are lucky to break even because the overheads are so massive. Even the mighty U2 have admitted to losing money on the road, which is why big bands use sponsors these days to help with the costs. Usually the only profit maker is merchandise, which is a fucking rip-off anyway! Record sales generate a percentage of the sales profits, airplay royalties, publishing and, if like G 'n' R the back catalogue continues to sell, retroactive royalties will keep the artists comfortable for life. Steven Adler has said he can live off AFD for the rest of his life! Nice work if you can get it. rock3

axl wants to get the band on the road and give something back to his patient fans, that's why there's a tour, and guns n' roses doesn't need promotion, the name alone sells out arenas with no new material released for 15 years. nuff said, motherfuckers. :shades:

axl wants to get the band on the road and give something back to his patient fans, that's why there's a tour, and guns n' roses doesn't need promotion, the name alone sells out arenas with no new material released for 15 years. nuff said, motherfuckers. :shades:

well said.... there is no need to promote a rock band bound for the rock hall of fame

Brisbane 4 life

V.

axl wants to get the band on the road and give something back to his patient fans, that's why there's a tour, and guns n' roses doesn't need promotion, the name alone sells out arenas with no new material released for 15 years. nuff said, motherf*ckers. :shades:

if he wants to give something back give us CD!

OK then people, if this cd has cost 13$m who gives a fuck. That is nothin.

That CD when it comes out will sell a massive amount of copies worldwide. Say it sells 5 million in its first year worldwide: at 15$ per cd, thats 75$m in revenue. Me thinks that this covers the cost a little. Also, merch etc on top of that, your talkin massive amounts of money, 13 mill is nothin when your a band with that size fanbase worldwide.

axl wants to get the band on the road and give something back to his patient fans, that's why there's a tour, and guns n' roses doesn't need promotion, the name alone sells out arenas with no new material released for 15 years. nuff said, motherf*ckers. :shades:

if he wants to give something back give us CD!

lol, just a little patience ssiscool

Brisbane 4 life

V.

13 million dollars? That's nothing, I spent that on beer last week.

No, I don't think it's weird. You just prime all those people in the audience to buy your album. If you have a great time in New York then you'll get CD when it comes out a week or two later.

If Axl was hurting for money, I'm sure he would have released the album by now, and probably a few more. We'd hear more GNR songs being whored out in movie soundtracks n such. He's more interested in doing what he wants to do and making the album exactly the way he wants it. And its his life, so he should live it however he wants.

If Axl was hurting for money, I'm sure he would have released the album by now, and probably a few more. We'd hear more GNR songs being whored out in movie soundtracks n such. He's more interested in doing what he wants to do and making the album exactly the way he wants it. And its his life, so he should live it however he wants.

if Axl wants it perfect it will take forever as he would have to re-record Bucketheads parts again